Guns, Guns, Guns

How's the drug war going?

Nearly 45,000 motorcyclists and pedestrians are killed in America every year. Oh the humanity.

People die. Sometimes for reasons that suck. No amount of government is EVER going to change that.

the drug war is going miserably which is why we should stop fighting it. but the drug war, unlike the gun war, pertains to what people do to THEMSELVES.

as for driving fatalities, i also think cars suck. they're noisy, they pollute and they kill. i think more efficient and accesible public transportation would IMMENSELY diminish fatalities resulting from cars, especially ones involving DRUGS, most notably alcohol.

Most guns aren't that complicated to operate Mohambi. Maintenance may require a small bit of knowledge but we're not talking about solving the Rubik's Cube here; loading and firing the average firearm is about as easy as changing toilet paper.

Yeah, huh?

Drop a Glock or a .45 in the hands of the 'average joe' and see how far they get hitting their intented target with it.

Id bet quite a bit that they wouldnt be able to THROW the damn thing and hit their target, much less hit it by actually pulling the trigger.

Yeah, huh?

Drop a Glock or a .45 in the hands of the 'average joe' and see how far they get hitting their intented target with it.

Id bet quite a bit that they wouldnt be able to THROW the damn thing and hit their target, much less hit it by actually pulling the trigger.

Sounds like you're making a very good argument for not letting them have them.

as for driving fatalities, i also think cars suck. they're noisy, they pollute and they kill. i think more efficient and accesible public transportation would IMMENSELY diminish fatalities resulting from cars, especially ones involving DRUGS, most notably alcohol.

Accessable where exactly? We've got 300 million people spread over 3.7 million square miles. The drunk driving isn't happening in midtown Manhattan.

Most guns aren't that complicated to operate Mohambi. Maintenance may require a small bit of knowledge but we're not talking about solving the Rubik's Cube here; loading and firing the average firearm is about as easy as changing toilet paper.

Obviously. It's easy using a gun when there is no pressure. Same thing as learning a martial art. Great for when you're in the ring, or in a controlled environment, but confront someone when your life is in danger and that all goes out the window.

Of course, if you've been through training for let's say, the military, then it's a different story.

Where in the hell does this little gem come from?

Have you ever been in a situation where your life is in danger? Obviously it is very difficult to think or act rationally in this kind of situation. Everything happens too fast, do you really think the average person will act rationally in this situation and actually take out the right target?

Have you ever been in a situation where your life is in danger? Obviously it is very difficult to think or act rationally in this kind of situation. Everything happens too fast, do you really think the average person will act rationally in this situation and actually take out the right target?

One of the better arguments I have heard. The average person is, well somewhat incompetent, and the idea of a totally armed society scares the crap out of me. I dont trust some people to be able to use email.

At the same time I don't believe the government should have the right to take away gun rights from people. When the Courts say that the police have no obligation to defend you then you should at the very least be able to defend yourself. Now mind you I am a big advocate for the martial arts but they dont do squat against a 9 mm at a 10 foot range.

Statistically, citizens who fire their weapons in self defense are far less likely than law enforcement to injure anyone outside their intended target. Also, in nearly 90% of cases, simply brandishing a weapon is enough to completely stop the situation. If your "scenario" rang true, I imagine we'd have already seen numerous such incidents. You know, since like 37 states already allow people to carry concealed and all 50 allow people to own firearms.

On your other "point", in every state but Alaska and Vermont, every person who legally carries a firearm must pass a course, including range time with a weapon up to their caliber of choice. No hitty target, no getty permit.

Honestly, could you non-gun owners who have almost zero life experience please STFU. The Second Amerndment is the reason America is free and will continue to remain so. The continued demonizing of inanimate objects is the reason bad old men like Hillary Clinton are able to gain and hold more and more power.

the drug war is going miserably which is why we should stop fighting it. but the drug war, unlike the gun war, pertains to what people do to THEMSELVES.

Really? So once we legalize it, people on drugs will stop killing other people because they don't control their own actions?

The majority of firearm deaths in this country are SUICIDES. Does that fit your definition of what people do to themselves?

Really? So once we legalize it, people on drugs will stop killing other people because they don't control their own actions?

This sentence doesn't make sense to me.

The majority of firearm deaths in this country are SUICIDES. Does that fit your definition of what people do to themselves?

Link?

This sentence doesn't make sense to me.

People who use drugs are not in control of their own actions. They often hurt or kill innocent people while using, coming down, or to get more money for more drugs. It's not anywhere as simple as you're pretending it is. And I'm pro-legalization.

Link?

Do your own research. Google is your friend and I'm not in the business of "giving the man a fish". You'll then find out that you don't know nearly what you think you do.

You're FAR more likely to be killed by medical malpractice (something like 5 times) than by a firearm. Perhaps the "intellectual elite" and media should be focusing on that little problem (or a slew of others) instead of attempting to rape the Constitution.