Good thing Japan has a gun ban

rk fast just a question: how many people 'd die in the US if half the ghettos of the major cities were rioting for 2 weeks?

200? 300? 500?

Last year "riots" here went on for about 3 weeks.... not ONE related death!

First of all, your basing your ridiculous assertion that the US is more violent than the rest of the West on pure speculation now.

The second part?....My God...you have GOT to be kidding me. The fact that there was no actual death somehow excuses all that went on? If mayhem, chaos and destruction dont fit under the auspices of "violence", then what are they?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rk fast just a question: how many people 'd die in the US if half the ghettos of the major cities were rioting for 2 weeks?

200? 300? 500?

Last year "riots" here went on for about 3 weeks.... not ONE related death!

Jean-Jacques Le Chenadec would disagree with you since he died during the violence. Also, the reason for the riots to begin with was teh death of two teenagers.

So I count three directly attributed.

Jean-Jacques Le Chenadec would disagree with you since he died during the violence. Also, the reason for the riots to begin with was teh death of two teenagers.

So I count three directly attributed.

i have no idea who is that guy but what's your point? ... and the 2 teenagers killed themselves, their death was not linked to any violent incident.

You can count 1 2 3 event 10 if you want, last time LA ghettos has started to get hot 50 people died the first night...

First of all, your basing your ridiculous assertion that the US is more violent than the rest of the West on pure speculation now.

The second part?....My God...you have GOT to be kidding me. The fact that there was no actual death somehow excuses all that went on? If mayhem, chaos and destruction dont fit under the auspices of "violence", then what are they?

YOU ARE the one kidding!!! Joke!

i do not excuse anybody !I just say that with 80% of americans having direct access to guns any act of violence in America become an issue of life and death, with tragedies happening every single hour in the US because of GUNS.

The first cause of death for young urban males in the US is guns. The proportion of people being killed by guns in the US is at the level of countries having WAR on their own soil! And you dare to told me my country is a country of chaos and destruction?!!!! Look at you in the MIRROR!! :thumbsup::(:lol::censored::censored::wallbash::wallbash:

i have no idea who is that guy but what's your point? ... and the 2 teenagers killed themselves, their death was not linked to any violent incident.

You can count 1 2 3 event 10 if you want, last time LA ghettos has started to get hot 50 people died the first night...

So from no deaths to three isn't a big deal? I bet those 3 and their families disagree.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/11/07...iots/index.html

Jean Jacques Le Chenadec, 61, a resident of the Paris suburb of Stains in the region of Seine-Saint Denis, died from injuries suffered outside his apartment building Friday night, a ministry spokesman said. He had been hospitalized in a coma since the attack

http://www.voanews.com/specialenglish/arch...FTOKEN=10827056

BTW, you were so sure there were no deaths, yet with a little simple searching 3 were easily found. What else is false based on your very "limited" knowledge of reality.

So am I, "a well regulated militia". I have no problem letting each household have single shot muskets or pistols like they did when the Constitution was written. I'm also OK with hunting rifles and shotguns. But I see no need for the public to have semi-automatic weapons and quick load pistols with clips. They should be restricted to the military and police.

But I'm also realistic and know it will never change.

Are you also OK with free speech only including words that existed when the founders wrote the constitution?

Are you also OK with free speech only including words that existed when the founders wrote the constitution?

I'm sure he's well aware that most hunting rifles are semi-automatic and chambered with virtually the same calibers of the weapons the "intellectual elite" are so deathly afraid of.

I'm sure he's well aware that most hunting rifles are semi-automatic and chambered with virtually the same calibers of the weapons the "intellectual elite" are so deathly afraid of.

No really. :thumbsup: Then we should just ban all guns since they are so similar.

Would be interesting to get the stats on gun violence in Japan... For all the people there... I would have to say if that number is low, like in the the single 1,000's... The the number of people getting harmed by guns is inconsequential...

Right? Of course nothing is a perfect world... This topic just illuminates the crazy notion that Americans have about "perfection".

It isn't a perfect world.

It is rather sill to assume banning anything will result in a perfect situation... It is not.

Oh... BTW, the VT killer purchased his gun online via a place in WI, Green Bay I think... The owner of that shop "express deep regret."

What will be, will be I guess...

Oh... BTW, the VT killer purchased his gun online via a place in WI, Green Bay I think... The owner of that shop "express deep regret."

1) I'd heard he purchased it locally, in VA.

2) Mail-order gun purchases are illegal; I would think that would extend to online purchases. If not, it probably should.

2) Mail-order gun purchases are illegal; I would think that would extend to online purchases. If not, it probably should.

Not sure?

One of the weapons...

I am almost positive that I heard it on the TV... Morning news... I was leaving work... I think it was ABC, local here in Chicago.

Chicago is funny... Becuase they always make a big deal about the "local connection"... I guess WI is local... Green Bay close enough???

The way mail order works is you do mail order who delivers to a dealer in your home state. That dealer verifies information, fills out handgun paperwork for state and feds, submits electronically and then hands you the gun. The home state dealer gets between 20-40 for the transaction. No different then going to your local place, but this way you can get the gun you want maybe with specified mods, and it is something your local dealer may not have or is a lot more. I actually got my 9mm that way.

Apparently Timothy McVeigh legally purchased both the fertilizer AND the diesel fuel he used to blow up the Murrah building.

I don't know why any of this matters. The only place human beings will stop killing each other is the movies. No amount of legislation is going to chlorinate the gene pool. I'm simply amazed that so many people are so willing to be victimized.

Apparently Timothy McVeigh legally purchased both the fertilizer AND the diesel fuel he used to blow up the Murrah building.

I don't know why any of this matters. The only place human beings will stop killing each other is the movies. No amount of legislation is going to chlorinate the gene pool. I'm simply amazed that so many people are so willing to be victimized.

Not in the movies I watch. The bodycount in Robocop 2 was just about on par with Stalingrad.

Maybe I am "just asking for it"?... But, phuck... I leave the keys in my ingnition, my doors unlocked... Etc... And live 45 miles south of Chicago in a town of 10,000 surrounded by 3.5 million people...

No guns needed??

You know what we got? Neighbors... Both even have a key to my house when I go away... Surrounded by people who care and look out for you... Old, new, black, white, all nationalies... Young kids running around... You name it...

Sure I am bragging... But, in 39 years have never been "victimized"... And if it is to happen, should I be paranoid about it? Heck no...

Maybe I am "just asking for it"?... But, phuck... I leave the keys in my ingnition, my doors unlocked... Etc... And live 45 miles south of Chicago in a town of 10,000 surrounded by 3.5 million people...

No guns needed??

You know what we got? Neighbors... Both even have a key to my house when I go away... Surrounded by people who care and look out for you... Old, new, black, white, all nationalies... Young kids running around... You name it...

Sure I am bragging... But, in 39 years have never been "victimized"... And if it is to happen, should I be paranoid about it? Heck no...

You confuse preparation with paranoia. Confusion does seem to be genetic for ya, so there's that.

Everytime I hear someone say "no guns needed", I wonder what they'll be thinking when they actually need one. Better to have and not need than need and not have.