The Vultures are circling at VT

ACor58

I certainly see the point. I was just saying that as President, it's his job to do what he is doing and to expect a President not to do what he's doing is to not understand, imo, what role the POTUS plays in our society as of 2007. Any President would have gone to VaTech, democrat or republican, regardless of their current popularity (or lack thereof) or how hypocritical it may seem to a minority or majority of the population....

Clinton never showed up to visit Oklahoma City after the bombing, or to NYC after the first World Trade Center attack.

Ever wonder why?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised. Sad. Ask Kurt.

I know what I would say about it. And I think you may misunderstand me. I'm not defending Bush or criticizing Clinton or doing the opposite. I wanted to know exactly what you were saying, as it could be a variety of things. And if you are referring to a Vonnegut book, I can't seem to get which one you are referencing at the moment. Alas.... ^_^

If you are saying that Clinton didn't go because he didn't want to seem to be exploiting the situations for political expediency, then that seems like a reasonable hypothesis. But the climate today is even more PC and whiplash sensitive than it was in Clinton's day (witness the Imus fiasco), and Bush got a sh-- ton of criticism for not bringing his Presidential self down to New Orleans soon enough after Katrina, and couple that with the fact that most people think he is a pretty inept in general, he is naturally going to respond hella quickly to a situation such as this. As would any president in today's hypertense and sensitive political climate.

I know what I would say about it. And I think you may misunderstand me. I'm not defending Bush or criticizing Clinton or doing the opposite. I wanted to know exactly what you were saying, as it could be a variety of things. And if you are referring to a Vonnegut book, I can't seem to get which one you are referencing at the moment. Alas.... :D

You do a nice two-step... ^_^

All of the major networks were broadcasting their moring shows live from the campus. Do you think that the News chiefs slap each other high fives when something tragic like this happens?

"Get the Today show team to Blacksburg...Stat, send Roker too! We can exploit every poor kid that we can on this campus, especially the students that were in the classrooms. Try and find one that was shot...MOVE PEOPLE!"

I flipped to MSNBC after the Sabres, they were actually interviewing two kids last night, one with his arm in a sling that had been shot. These poor kids were still in shock. After about 5 minutes I had to change the channel, makes me sick. Also, did anyone see Diane Sawyer's interview with the President of VT, basically putting the guy on trial for not locking down 26,000 students after an apparent murder suicide? I have lost all respect for her.

You know I wonder, how much impact the media has on all this. Not their effect on the victims and their families, but future killers. Everyone is pointing fingers atm without half the story even being available yet. I am not saying the media is necessarily to blame for this but it seems they may have some small impact here. It's gone from 15 minutes of fame to 15 days in the more reprehensible cases. Someone should cover the media's possible responsibility here...oh wait nm.

You know I wonder, how much impact the media has on all this. Not their effect on the victims and their families, but future killers. Everyone is pointing fingers atm without half the story even being available yet. I am not saying the media is necessarily to blame for this but it seems they may have some small impact here. It's gone from 15 minutes of fame to 15 days in the more reprehensible cases. Someone should cover the media's possible responsibility here...oh wait nm.

Don't worry once the guy with the bad haircut gets chopped from AI, then this will go to the back burner. Never watched the show but I hear the dude can't sing, but somehow keeps going. Whatever.

They most DEFINATELY celebrate....as I posted in another thread...buddy of mine worked for MSNBC...and when Princess Di was killed..he noticed the newsroom was glowing, and there were a few high fives, gloating "we have news for the next several days"

They are sick. Good post ACor, glad someone sees the truth.

I make my living off the evening

news

Just give me something, something

I can use

People love it when you lose,

they love dirty laundry...

...We got the bubbleheaded

bleach-blonde, comes on at 5

She can tell you about the plane

crash with a gleam in her eye

It's interesting when people die,

give us dirty laundry

I make my living off the evening

news

Just give me something, something

I can use

People love it when you lose,

they love dirty laundry...

...We got the bubbleheaded

bleach-blonde, comes on at 5

She can tell you about the plane

crash with a gleam in her eye

It's interesting when people die,

give us dirty laundry

How prophetic Don Henley was. And that song is 25 freakin' years old.

Go figure.

How prophetic Don Henley was. And that song is 25 freakin' years old.

Go figure.

I think Don Henley wrote that song after he was caught with an underage girl in a hotel by some local TV station. He makes some good points with oits lyrics, but his motivation was hardly some "rage against the mainstream media", rather it was driven by his own anger at getting caught.

Hey why all the criticism...the post was about vultures circling VT and suddenly I find out George W. is coming. Actually Clinton did go to Oklahoma City in an effort to revive his waning popularity..rather successful too. George ain't anyone's fool...remember how he stood at the world trade center and promised to get Osama? Remember how he came to Katrina and promised to rebuild New Orleans? Now he's coming to VT and....hmmmm...

And in any event I applaud his new interest in curbing senseless violence in the world...errrr...in the USA...err....well in Southwest Virginia.