A well thought out mock draft

This isn't a dream mock but how I truely feel things could fall on draft day and how I'd do them if I was in Marv Levy's shoes.

Round 1 (12) MLB Patrick Willis Ole Miss: He might not be available but if he is I can't see how we pass on him as a draft is about getting the best collection of players and there's no better MLB and arguably LB prospect in the draft better than Willis. On the off chance he is off the board only then could I see take RB Marshawn Lynch. As feel we can come up with a quality RB in the 2nd Round of the draft easier than a quality LB later in the draft.

Round 2 (43) RB Kenny Irons Auburn: Back when Marv was coaching we had a RB with the last name of Thomas and another with the first name of Kenny. That said I think Irons could be a quality RB that might start the year splitting time with Anthony Thomas but by years end should be our feature back of the future.

Round 3A (74) CB Eric Wright UNLV: With question marks on who will start opposite Terrence McGee I elect we take a CB that at the very least can contribute to special teams as a rookie but also has the tools to start in the NFL should Ashton Youboty faulter.

Round 3B (92) WR Jason Hill Washington State: While Peerless Price was a feel good story last season, I don't anticipate him around too much longer and could very well not returning for 2007. As Hill has better size and could develop into an ideal compliment to Lee Evans. Though as a rookie don't expect him to see the field much as will instead serve as the #4 WR behing Evans, Reed and Parrish on the depth.

Round 4 (111) LB Juwan Simpson Alabama: Simpson has character issues but with the questions we have LB I looked past it. At the very least would prove quality depth behind Angelo Crowell or could even start if have to shift Patrick Willis to SAM because Ellison faulters.

Round 6 (184) TE Johnny Hairline BYU: Could become an H-back and good compliment to a blocking first TE like Robert Royal.

Round 7A (222) DT Conrad Bolston Maryland: I like his name and projects to be a 7th Round pick in two of my draft magazines.

Round 7B(239) QB James Pinkney East Carolina: Developmental QB that likely be nothing more than a career back up if makes the NFL (see typical 7th Round QBs).

This isn't a dream mock but how I truely feel things could fall on draft day and how I'd do them if I was in Marv Levy's shoes.

Round 1 (12) MLB Peter Willis Ole Miss: He might not be available but if he is I can't see how we pass on him as a draft is about getting the best collection of players and there's no better MLB and arguably LB prospect in the draft better than Willis. On the off chance he is off the board only then could I see take RB Marshawn Lynch. As feel we can come up with a quality RB in the 2nd Round of the draft easier than a quality LB later in the draft.

Round 2 (43) RB Kenny Irons Auburn: Back when Marv was coaching we had a RB with the last name of Thomas and another with the first name of Kenny. That said I think Irons could be a quality RB that might start the year splitting time with Anthony Thomas but by years end should be our feature back of the future.

Round 3A (74) CB Eric Wright UNLV: With question marks on who will start opposite Terrence McGee I elect we take a CB that at the very least can contribute to special teams as a rookie but also has the tools to start in the NFL should Ashton Youboty faulter.

Round 3B (92) WR Jason Hill Washington State: While Peerless Price was a feel good story last season, I don't anticipate him around too much longer and could very well not returning for 2007. As Hill has better size and could develop into an ideal compliment to Lee Evans. Though as a rookie don't expect him to see the field much as will instead serve as the #4 WR behing Evans, Reed and Parrish on the depth.

Round 4 (111) LB Juwan Simpson Alabama: Simpson has character issues but with the questions we have LB I looked past it. At the very least would prove quality depth behind Angelo Crowell or could even start if have to shift Patrick Willis to SAM because Ellison faulters.

Round 6 (184) TE Johnny Hairline BYU: Could become an H-back and good compliment to a blocking first TE like Robert Royal.

Round 7A (222) DT Conrad Bolston Maryland: I like his name and projects to be a 7th Round pick in two of my draft magazines.

Round 7B(239) QB James Pinkney East Carolina: Developmental QB that likely be nothing more than a career back up if makes the NFL (see typical 7th Round QBs).

Nice draft, I like both Willis and Irons and I think they would be instant impact players.

FLAAAAAAAAAAME

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN

*burns down the Aud*

I'd enjoy that draft, except take someone else other than a CB at #3, and Tyler Palko with the 7th round pick (Played against him in High School).

Pick 3A actually was the toughest pick I had to decide on as could go so many places with the pick so went with best player type thing, as had thoughts of a DT and WR but always feel draft is about getting the best collection of players and feel did that and at the same time helped fill needs we had.

Flame away?

That was a great mock, and imo it would probably help the team considerably. Personally, I would like to see a RG (Beekman?) and/or a center in there (I'm not wild about Fowler), but you did address many other clear needs.

Oh, and thanks for the effort you put into the draft and the info you share with us year after year.

All defense early last year, early offense this year!

1.) Greg Olsen, TE, Miami

2.) Daymeion Hughes, CB, California

3A.) Tim Shaw, OLB/ILB, Penn St.

3B.) Michael Bush, RB, Louisville

4.) Courtney Taylor, WR, Auburn

6.) Jared Zabransky, QB, Boise St.

7A.) Dallas Sartz, OLB, USC

7B.) Jason Snelling, FB, Virginia