Peterson and Willis are gone before the Bills pick!

Just back with the family from the traditional Easter feast, so I figured I'd crack a couple of cold ones and pose this question:

Peterson and Willis are gone!

What do you think the Bills will do if the folowing top prospects are still available:

Alan Branch

Jamaal Anderson

Marshawn Lynch

Leon Hall

Levi Brown

Adam Carricker

Amobi Okoye

I mine as well make this a poll and just take a count of what everyone thinks!

B-)

If those guys are ALL still there, exactly who got picked 1-12 ?

Okoye, Branch, Anderson all could very well be gone by the time we pick. I know Branch and Anderson to a lesser extent are falling but huge run plug DTs and DEs who can rush the passer dont grow on trees.

SOmeone would probobly want to trade up to secure one of those propects, in that scenario we move down and select the best player available.

If Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas go #1 and 2 overall then I think Peterson is the guy who drops. If he can just slide past Minnesota/Atlanta/Houston/Cleveland we'd be good and of those teams Id say Cleveland is the only truly legitimate team who could be taking a HB.

if Okoye is there we should take him.....

I put that away along time ago.....I had Okoye going to us back in januray and i was laughed at by some on here, saying no way he goes that high....but now...We all know he is def going to be a top 10 pick...he def wont be there at 12....

So Lynch is my target...

Okoye(wont drop to 12)

Peterson(wont drop to 12)

Lynch

Willis

Ill be fine with one of those 4

If those guys are ALL still there, exactly who got picked 1-12 ?

Okoye, Branch, Anderson all could very well be gone by the time we pick. I know Branch and Anderson to a lesser extent are falling but huge run plug DTs and DEs who can rush the passer dont grow on trees.

SOmeone would probobly want to trade up to secure one of those propects, in that scenario we move down and select the best player available.

If Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas go #1 and 2 overall then I think Peterson is the guy who drops. If he can just slide past Minnesota/Atlanta/Houston/Cleveland we'd be good and of those teams Id say Cleveland is the only truly legitimate team who could be taking a HB.

Unless we only trade down a few picks, the problem with moving down is losing out on a potential probowler who can make a huge impact, and getting a couple journeymen instead. I would rather stay at 12 and draft the best player available. ( That is unless Marv wants to trade down - IN MARV WE TRUST ) B-)

I've always been very fond of the 'panic' option.

We could do that for an hour or so......until whichever player we wanted to trade down for is no longer a 'reach'.

Just back with the family from the traditional Easter feast, so I figured I'd crack a couple of cold ones and pose this question:

What do you think the Bills will do if the folowing top prospects are still available:

Alan Branch

Jamaal Anderson

Marshawn Lynch

Leon Hall

Levi Brown

Adam Carricker

Amobi Okoye

B-)

trade down and collect more picks. trade a couple of those picks for turner. with our first rd pick we select best player available at either LB or CB.

Okoye won't drop but if he did, I bet the Bills pick him immediately even if Willis is there. Marv remembers the Cowboys using waves of D lineman against us in the Super Bowls. He will try to create the same depth here. No way will he pass on the high character, good student who can hit the gap like Tommie Harris in Chicago and make the linebackers look like stars. He would take the best OLB or CB on the board in Rd #2. Crowell will be our MLB.

Simple...............

Trade down, gain an extra 2nd or most likely 3rd round pick and take the 2nd best RB in the draft Poz!

Basically Buffalo gets an extra and gets to take the 2nd best LB in the draft, win win situation if you ask me.

However, I would like to have Patrick Willis. Honestly, Peterson will not be there when Buffalo picks.

It is hard to say who will be there and who won't at this juncture...

I would break it down like this:

DEFINITELY GONE

Russell, C Johnson, J Thomas, Landry, G Adams, B Quinn

PROBABLY GONE

A Peterson, Okoye, P Willis, J Anderson, Levi Brown

Now, of course, there is a chance that any of the guys I have listed as "probably" gone could fall to #12. Still, if things go as I expect them to, I would submit that the following players can realistically be expected to still be available at #12: L Hall, A Branch, T Ginn, and Lynch. In the event that one of them isn't, that would have to mean that one or more of the guys I cited above fell. Of the list of "Probably Gone", the only one that I wouldn't be happy about drafting is J Anderson. Assuming no one falls, I likewise would be OK with any of the other plays I've listed above as likely being available. Of course, Marv could throw us all a curve ball, as he did last year, and take someone like Poz at #12, even with some of these "higher rated" players still on the board... Given the number of holes we have, I would sure hope that Marv would seriously look at trading down, given that scenario.

Also, I highly doubt that Lynch would be gone before we pick, as that silly pro-AJ Smith article suggested. And there is even a remote possibility that both Lynch AND Peterson could still be on the board at #12.

All I want there is an IMPACT PLAYER. I don't care who, just find him. This draft, IMO is strong at positions that the Bills have needs (CB, WR, LB) and starters can be had well into round 3 and maybe beyond. Notice that RB isn't listed as a strength position, therefore I'd secure Turner ASAP!!

Alan Branch

Jamaal Anderson

Marshawn Lynch

Leon Hall

Levi Brown

Adam Carricker

Amobi Okoye

:w00t:

I think in this scenerio the Bills Draft WR Robert Meachem...Like I said in another thread it's just a gut feeling...Nothing more... :w00t: