Media Bias against the Bills

I guess it's not in AJ Smith's history to overplay a hand...

He could easily say no now, realize he can't get more, and agree to it later. Frankly, I would do it if I were the Bills. But I almost prefer to swap first rounders with them, and maybe throw in a conditional 5th or 4th next year. If he runs for 1400 yards I'd be happy to give them another pick because we would know he's a stud. If we swap firsts, we can get a top LB as well as a CB or TE or WR or OG in the second.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could easily say no now, realize he can't get more, and agree to it later. Frankly, I would do it if I were the Bills. But I almost prefer to swap first rounders with them, and maybe throw in a conditional 5th or 4th next year. If he runs for 1400 yards I'd be happy to give them another pick because we would know he's a stud. If we swap firsts, we can get a top LB as well as a CB or TE or WR or OG in the second.

I do see what you mean, but I would prefer to see us get Turner AND Willis. He seems to play a similar game to Urlacher, and that is working out well, ya know?

Same token - Bills are wise to be patient. I really think that it's in both teams interest to do the deal. Reminds me of the Cardinals' obstinacy with the Henry trade. Boy, they sure did luck out when JJ Arrington was still available in that 2nd round slot.

I agree that a swap of firsts is preferable.

I have to call shenanignas on the whole "Ralph is looking to sell propaganda."

I am no genius by far but...I am a salesman. In attempting to sell my customers widget x, I try to convince them that they need it and it is superior

to any other widget out there...

How is it that Mort & co reasoned that Ralph is giving away everything of value the team has and purposely running it in to the ground as a prelude to a sale ???

I mean, wouldnt he want to make it look better than it is ala Rosenhous Maghee Draft day as a pre-sale Mcguillicutty ????

Im suprised ESPN didnt run an April fools day joke that the Bills were moving to Toronto..

Either way, a winning season would do wonders to shut them up...too bad they will just jump on the bandwagon instead.

Well said, TGS; that was just plain dumb and it shows you that he is either incredibly ignorant or has a huge axe to grind.

I think it's a little of both, but more so that this guy is a huggggggggeee ignoramus!

I mean, wouldnt he want to make it look better than it is ala Rosenhous Maghee Draft day as a pre-sale Mcguillicutty ????

That would make sense, ever since he came into those Nigerian millions of $$$$.

If we aren't the most sensitive fans in the country, I don't know who is.

Look, we've sucked for a decade - we've floundered with GMs, coaches and QBs. It seems we are on the right track but if this coaching staff isn't as good as I'm giving them credit for, we could easily spiral to a 4 or 5 win season.

I'm seeing lots of love for the Sabres everywhere. That's what happens when we win. Does that give them an unfair advantage in free agency? Hey that comes with the territiry.

Good post. Ditto. Why can people not understand this?