On BB.com rumor mill is saying TH on the block

PJBrown

Honestly...trading TH now would not be a terrible idea. His value will be higher now than if he has a subpar season splitting time with WM.

Possible trade teams...

Miami - obvious, but unlikely given that they are in the division

Raiders - pretty decent chance, though they may want to wait for Ricky

Cowboys - their #1 in 2005, not ours...maybe

Eagles - seem to be surviving...not despirate enough to trade their #1 next year

Carolina - in a world of hurt...this may work

SF - part of their revamping of the offense

Just some ideas...could we pry someones 2005 #1 away for TH, or would we have to settle for their #2?

you're an idiot....nice post....and I feel like even more of an idiot reading this trash and responding to it  :w00t:

68604[/snapback]

F off.....I just shared what I saw on another board.....and the reason I put "nm" is so people didn't open it to respond...who's the idiot now.....douchebag

F off.....I just shared what I saw on another board.....and the reason I put "nm" is so people didn't open it to respond...who's the idiot now.....douchebag

68614[/snapback]

How dare you actually report a rumor, didn't you know the board is full of posters that only believe the facts, and have never read or wondered about trades :huh: Like I said last Sunday I think TH will be traded before the deadline. He is not helping the team by his pouting and he is no longer giving 100% . I think it's very possible and a good post.

How dare you actually report a rumor, didn't you know the board is full of posters that only believe the facts, and have never read or wondered about trades :huh:  Like I said last Sunday I think TH will be traded before the deadline. He is not helping the team by his pouting and he is no longer giving 100% . I think it's very possible and a good post.

68922[/snapback]

Thanks.....I got a little ticked at being called an idiot as I am a true bills fan, long time board memeber and an above average fan in terms of sports knowledge, IMO... now the the reason I even posted the rumor is that it is not that far out of reality and here is why:

1) We are 0-4. Many feel Travis will be traded if Willis gets back to form. Why not now and let Willis cut his teeth..again if healthy...

2) If we suck as bad as many here think (I disagree there), Travis will only decrease his trade value by year end..

3) TD was quoted today saying WM has shown signs he is close to his old self in practice the past few weeks.

4) Somthing needs to give....maybe we get a good OL, draft choice, etc...

5) Cutting Shaw out of nowhere can be a pre-curser...did that not free up additional cap space?

6) If nothing else it gives we Bills fans something to discuss......

And if anyone thinks I'm an idiot for posting this please exercise your rights on this board to disregard...and if you want to insult me please kiss my ass....

Thanks.....I got a little ticked at being called an idiot as I am a true bills fan, long time board memeber and an above average fan in terms of sports knowledge, IMO... now the the reason I even posted the rumor is that it is not that far out of reality and here is why:

1) We are 0-4. Many feel Travis will be traded if Willis gets back to form. Why not now and let Willis cut his teeth..again if healthy...

2) If we suck as bad as many here think (I disagree there), Travis will only decrease his trade value by year end..

3) TD was quoted today saying WM has shown signs he is close to his old self in practice the past few weeks.

5) Cutting Shaw out of nowhere can be a pre-curser...did that not free up additional cap space?

And if anyone thinks I'm an idiot for posting this please exercise your rights on this board to disregard...and if you want to insult me please kiss my ass....

68936[/snapback]

PJ, I dont think that you are an idiot. I must also point out that VERY few teams are ever willing to trade away a good offensive lineman. If you disagree, please point to examples of teams that have done so.

I appreciate the premise of your post as well as the Bills dialogue, but trades for offensive linemen are SO rare, a draft pick would suit me just fine.

I thought your post was very reasonable PJBrown. My question is, if he is traded for a player and not a draft pick, you do you realistically see us getting who could help? No assclown answers please.

68942[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but everytime I read "assclown" I laugh...I really need to incorporate that into my vocabulary. I have a hockey game tonight so that may be the place.

Anyway, I feel that IF TH is traded it will be for a draft pick(s) next year...either a 2nd, or 3rd & 5th, something like that....I see talk about McCardell at TB but I think we're deep at WR.....if it was a player I'd think a solid OL or DE....but which specific ones I don't know exactly...that's why TD and Modrak make the big bucks...

One thing to consider is that Shaud Williams looked pretty darn good in pre-season and if he is practicing well could step up to #2 behind WM if this did happen....of course, we said the same about Ken Simonton last year....

68936[/snapback]

I agree PJ. It would make much more sense for the Bills to trade him now rather than wait till the offseason and give teams a look at the new Travis. The one falling over his own feet. Now, the old Travis is a bull and has been a 1400 rusher for two years in a row. Their are teams that will show interest in Travis I'm sure. It will just depend on wether the Bills can work out a deal for a O-Lineman or a draft pick. Thats what this team needs most. If they can't TD may wait.

PJ, I dont think that you are an idiot. I must also point out that VERY few teams are ever willing to trade away a good offensive lineman. If you disagree, please point to examples of teams that have done so.

I appreciate the premise of your post as well as the Bills dialogue, but trades for offensive linemen are SO rare, a draft pick would suit me just fine.

68950[/snapback]

I'd think we'd get draft pick(s) if anything happen...You are absolutely right on that...I really don't see anyone trading a starting OL for sure and if we made that trade for a player we would need a startr to gain value....

Anyway, Muck Fiami!

I agree PJ. It would make much more sense for the Bills to trade him now rather than wait till the offseason and give teams a look at the new Travis. The one falling over his own feet. Now, the old Travis is a bull and has been a 1400 rusher for two years in a row. Their are teams that will show interest in Travis I'm sure. It will just depend on wether the Bills can work out a deal for a O-Lineman or a draft pick. Thats what this team needs most. If they can't TD may wait.

68954[/snapback]

One thing we have is options....I hope TD doesn't do a deal just for the sake of doing one...but if we can get some decent picks next year AND they feel WM can carry the load, then let'er RIP...everyone will be happy....TH doesn't look like's enjoying being here and I almost can't blame him....it would be like working and having your replacement sitting in the next cube waiting....