Idiots at Athlon

While waiting in the drug store for my script to be filled, I pick up and thumb through the Athlon pre draft mag. They had an article called draft do over. They listed teams in order of last years draft, who they drafted, & who they felt the team should have drafted. They had the Bills take Haloti Ngata over Whitner. On the Bills team page they wrote the Bills had an excellent safety tandem in rookies Whitner & Simpson. For the Bills 28 selection they had the Bills take instead of McCargo, none other than Donte Whitner. The problem with that is no way Whitner would have lasted that long. The Lions or Dolphins would have gladly grabbed Whitner if he had been there at their pick. They also had the Colts take Bunkley (who never played for Philly) over Addai. What a bunch of Maroons. <_<

While waiting in the drug store for my script to be filled, I pick up and thumb through the Athlon pre draft mag. They had an article called draft do over. They listed teams in order of last years draft, who they drafted, & who they felt the team should have drafted. They had the Bills take Haloti Ngata over Whitner. On the Bills team page they wrote the Bills had an excellent safety tandem in rookies Whitner & Simpson. For the Bills 28 selection they had the Bills take instead of McCargo, none other than Donte Whitner. The problem with that is no way Whitner would have lasted that long. The Lions or Dolphins would have gladly grabbed Whitner if he had been there at their pick. They also had the Colts take Bunkley (who never played for Philly) over Addai. What a bunch of Maroons. <_<

Did the Texans draft Reggie this time? <_<

Hell, if we're doing a "hindsight" draft... oh wait, what's the point again? :blink:

Did the Texans draft Reggie this time? <_<

Hell, if we're doing a "hindsight" draft... oh wait, what's the point again? <_<

I wish we could hindight draft 2000, wait, and 2002, oh, and 2005 as well.but its too soon to tell just how 2005 turned out No its not, TD and co. chumped it....bigtime. If it werent for them pulling a bunch of starters out of 01(all of whom are gone now except schobel), 03 and 04, we'd be (robert) royally screwed.

What if teh bills could draft those years over, who would they have taken. Im guess in 02 they woulda went with ol' dwight freeney or John Henderson. In 2000 that whole draft was pretty crappy IIRC, but anyone can do better than the steaming piles that lined up in bills unis for the first time that summer(flowers, tillman, moore etc).

Hey, if we could have landed Whitner back there, I'd have no objection to getting Ngata at number 8. Similarly, if we could have gotten Whitner in the 3rd and Ngata in the 4th, then we might as well have traded up to #1 and drafted Bush.

Atholon doesn't get football.

I forgot they said Jason Peters was a decent back up but should not be a starter! What the F---! 0:);)

Who said this and when?

Isnt this entity aware that he is our new golden god here on TBD?

Who said this and when?

Isnt this entity aware that he is our new golden god here on TBD?

Ditto. Since when did Peters become the best OL in the league? Look at a few posts on this board and you would be sure that he is only a few mere weeks away from Canton.

While waiting in the drug store for my script to be filled, I pick up and thumb through the Athlon pre draft mag. They had an article called draft do over. They listed teams in order of last years draft, who they drafted, & who they felt the team should have drafted. They had the Bills take Haloti Ngata over Whitner. On the Bills team page they wrote the Bills had an excellent safety tandem in rookies Whitner & Simpson. For the Bills 28 selection they had the Bills take instead of McCargo, none other than Donte Whitner. The problem with that is no way Whitner would have lasted that long. The Lions or Dolphins would have gladly grabbed Whitner if he had been there at their pick. They also had the Colts take Bunkley (who never played for Philly) over Addai. What a bunch of Maroons. 0:)

They are saying this is how the draft would have gone if teams knew then what they know now about these players and their own teams. So yeah, Whitner probably lasts until late in round 1. Contrary to popular belief here, Whitner was not one of the very best rookies in the league last year. He was good, as expected, but the draft was very strong and he wasn't it's 8th best player.

They are saying this is how the draft would have gone if teams knew then what they know now about these players and their own teams. So yeah, Whitner probably lasts until late in round 1. Contrary to popular belief here, Whitner was not one of the very best rookies in the league last year. He was good, as expected, but the draft was very strong and he wasn't it's 8th best player.
Contrary to your belief, and a very tiny minority, Whitner was one of the best defensive rookies last year. He was the best safety in the draft period. Miami drafted Jason Allen (bad hip and all) a few picks after Buffalo took Whitner. Miami would have taken him if he was there, but if we didn't take him someone else probably would have before Miami had the chance. You are crazy if you think he would have lasted untill the end of the round. You probably agree with Athlon the Colts would have been better off with Bunkley than Addai. What a bunch of Maroons. ;)