Bears are asking to much

K-Gun10

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and have no more money.

We'd still have some money. Don't forget that if we trade the 1st rounder, his cash to cap number wouldn't be needed anymore. Plus we freed up some extra cash from the Spikes and Holcomb trade.

Yeah and have no more money.

$ isn't really an issue, this year, as I understand it. We have PLENTY of cap room and money can ALWAYS be shifted around.

As for cash-to-cap, which I admit, still confuses me a little, the Bills have made a public position statement saying they will not spend their entire "allowance". But, they could (and very well, may) change their mind on that matter.

I actually think that was a smoke screen.

The Bears might be one of the only teams cheaper than the bills. I guess they don't want to pay a top choice, but no. 12 would get them out of the "big money" zone. But do we think Marv is going to trade for a guy who is pushing his way out of his current team? Briggs is good, but I wish he were a MLB.

So Lance Briggs for the first round pick and Michael Turner for the second. I could live with that.

:rolleyes:

For the bills sake I hope they realize teams don't win by trading draft picks for players. You win by building the core of your team thru the draft while signing 2nd tier free agents to build depth

For the bills sake I hope they realize teams don't win by trading draft picks for players. You win by building the core of your team thru the draft while signing 2nd tier free agents to build depth

Very true just ask Dan Snyder

Those players we are trading for were once a draftee. Were simply trading our current pick for a player that was already picked. So whats the difference? I understand if the players were old, but that is not the situation with this trade. Briggs is 27 and Turner is 25.

I love how everyone loves this example. Yet they never include the teams who have succeeded through free agency.

Colts one this year and what big free agent signing did they have in the last 3 years?

All they do is draft players Addai, Freeney,Bob sanders,ect, and they resign them.

Colts one this year and what big free agent signing did they have in the last 3 years?

All they do is draft players Addai, Freeney,Bob sanders,ect, and they resign them.

Bratzke and Vinateiri. But once again you pick a small example and presume it to be true for all situations. I guess Greenbay shouldnt have traded for Brett Favre back in the day. Drew Brees? Hmmph. Surely New Orleans made a big mistake with him. :rolleyes: Steve Young to San Fran from Tampa? Pooey!

Bratzke and Vinateiri. But once again you pick a small example and presume it to be true for all situations. I guess Greenbay shouldnt have traded for Brett Favre back in the day. Drew Brees? Hmmph. Surely New Orleans made a big mistake with him. :rolleyes: Steve Young to San Fran from Tampa? Pooey!

Alright i give nice argument. :thumbsup:

Those players we are trading for were once a draftee. Were simply trading our current pick for a player that was already picked. So whats the difference? I understand if the players were old, but that is not the situation with this trade. Briggs is 27 and Turner is 25.

The difference is you dont win by trading away high draft picks. Yeah Briggs and Turner have experience, but you generally want to build the core of your team thru the draft, not trade those draft picks in this case to two superbowl contenders in sd and chicago in exchange for a malcontent (briggs) and a backup (turner). I'm not gonna lie if briggs were a free agent I'd be all over trying to sign him I really dont think there's a better all around lb in the game right now. He's one of the best if not the best coverage lb in the game. Turner I've yet to be convinced about plus he's 25 and not very versatile in his game or at least hasn't shown much versatility. I'm not a fan of this overall rb class outside of Peterson and Lynch, but again these rb's are younger and more of a refined prospect, then turner who was drafted in the 5th round for a reason.

Am I suppouse to want to trade a high 2nd rd pick, or god forbid swap 1st's for a rb who's career high in carries is 80, and most impressive feats include running over the bills sorry ass defense in 2005 in a blowout sd win? Or the titans this past year or the colts in 2005, or chiefs in 2004. Not exactaly stellar defenses. From what I've seen in his limited opportunites he does run hard, but I'd sooner take my chance on drafting kenny irons or antonio pittman, since they'll be splitting carries anyway then lining the pockets of an afc superbowl contender. If we were one or two players away I could see the argument, draft picks are a premium however and we have plenty of holes to fill.

Very true just ask Dan Snyder

Yeah. Snyder has basically jumped on every "big name" guy he could since he's been in Washington, including "big name" coaches. Look where it's gotten him. I'll stick behind our team with the approach of building our team around young core players that have to go through a developmental phase as well.

Okay HM, riddle me this. If the Bills are looking at LB in the 1st and RB in the 2nd (assuming Peterson is gone and Lynch isn't worth a 1st rounder), wouldn't you rather have Briggs and Turner?

Nope I want nothing to do with turner for a 1st or 2nd rd pick. I feel we could get just as much production out of a kenny irons or antonio pittman as we could michael turner , at least favorable production due to the contracts they will receive compared to turner. Turner could very well be the sh--, I'd just as soon let some team morgtage their future to take a risk on big money backup then see the bills piss away draft picks for the possibility of "maybe".

As far as briggs goes I'd have to sit on that cause I do feel he's far and away better then any lb we could draft and just hitting his prime. However I dunno if the bills have any real interest in Briggs. If something favorable for briggs could be worked out like swap of 1st and maybe chicagos 4th I'd do it.