NEED

DB-94

I think We are going to get Turner so keep in mind this post is after we filled the RB position.

When I look at this Team the greatest need is at WR. The collection of Price, Reed, or whoever else they have scares no one and D's can key on Evans. Especially when there is no threat at the TE position. We lost some Line backers but we have good young players that are going to step up in Crowell and Ellison and we can get one with a second or third round pick.

-So our first round pick should be The Best WR on the Board

I think We are going to get Turner so keep in mind this post is after we filled the RB position.

When I look at this Team the greatest need is at WR. The collection of Price, Reed, or whoever else they have scares no one and D's can key on Evans. Especially when there is no threat at the TE position. We lost some Line backers but we have good young players that are going to step up in Crowell and Ellison and we can get one with a second or third round pick.

If what you say is true, then we better be trading down, because Calvin Johnson will be gone and I don't think any other WRs are worthy of a 12 pick.

Works for me, though I'd rather go DT in the 1st & WR in the 2nd. There's no AJ Hawk-type in this draft that would justify burning a high #1 on a LB. I'd go LB with one of the 3rd-rounders & take another one on Day 2. Same thing with RB, I'd use the other 3rd-rounder there.

I think LB and DT (still, we have a surplus of 3-tech guys) are still bigger needs but we could definetley use a true #2 guy across from Lee IMHO.

If what you say is true, then we better be trading down, because Calvin Johnson will be gone and I don't think any other WRs are worthy of a 12 pick.

Actually he may be on to something.

Marv really likes Robert Meachem and the Bills have had some private meetings with him.

Meachem is sloted to go anywhere from #8-#15 as the second wideout off the board.

To me either Ginn or Meachem will be the Bills dark horse pick.

If they want Meachem they better take him at 12. Because he won't be there if you trade back to far.

Trading back doesn't happen often. YOu need to have partners that are willing.

Why not just stay put and take the player that you really want?

All this trading back talk is crazy. Its easier said than done.

I disagree with you that our other young LBs can step up with Crowell and Ellison.

However, I'll go along with you as long as you can give me the name of a potential LB in the 3rd round who could start for us.

Sorry, totally disagree (respectfully)...

I think the team needs are:

LB - Need at least one starter and also need to add depth

CB - Need to at a player who will become a starter and depth

RB - Need a starter, but A. Thomas starting is better than Wire starting at LB or not having another CB

TE

FB/WR/S

This does not mean that we will draft in this order but these are the team needs.

I would not be surprised if we do not draft a WR at all either day 1 or day 2. Definitely no Day 1 WR.

My opinion.

If they want Meachem they better take him at 12. Because he won't be there if you trade back to far.

Trading back doesn't happen often. YOu need to have partners that are willing.

Why not just stay put and take the player that you really want?

All this trading back talk is crazy. Its easier said than done.

That's why I think Marv takes Posluszny at #12, just like he took Donte at #8.

I disagree with you that our other young LBs can step up with Crowell and Ellison.

However, I'll go along with you as long as you can give me the name of a potential LB in the 3rd round who could start for us.

well i did say 2nd or 3rd round but if you really must have a 3rd how about Siler from Flo or Alexander from Okl or Davis from Flo St.?

That's why I think Marv takes Posluszny at #12, just like he took Donte at #8.

Maybe but I dunno. I think Poz and Willis are just like Bunkley and Ngata last year.

Willis would fit the cover 2 backer mold but I don't think he will be there.

Poz is not a cover 2 backer IMO. He needs to be fast and I'm not sure if Poz will fit the bill. The work ethic is there but he Marv may see him as another injury prone Spikes.

But you could be right.

With our significantly upgraded OL WR's will have more time to get open and gain seperation.

i wouldn't object to a WR who could start at the #2 position immediately, but under n0 circumstances is it a higher priority then LB

well i did say 2nd or 3rd round but if you really must have a 3rd how about Siler from Flo or Alexander from Okl or Davis from Flo St.?

DB-94, from what you know of these guys do you think or feel they are ready to start?

I think that is a fair question b/c i believe there was a feeling last year that Simpson was going to be able to see the field early in his first year at safety, where as they knew Youboty, although highly touted, was going to need a little time.

With our significantly upgraded OL WR's will have more time to get open and gain seperation.

i wouldn't object to a WR who could start at the #2 position immediately, but under n0 circumstances is it a higher priority then LB

Really no Circumstances???? You do realize that if Price and Reed were cut today they might not get signed by anyone and they are our starting WR's

DB-94, from what you know of these guys do you think or feel they are ready to start?

I think that is a fair question b/c i believe there was a feeling last year that Simpson was going to be able to see the field early in his first year at safety, where as they knew Youboty, although highly touted, was going to need a little time.

Well you never really know if they are ready but they did excell at big time programs with good coaching and hopefully a good work ethic and desire to win. Plus Wire sucks AND WE CANT HAVE HIM IN THERE so they are going to have to learn how to swim by drowning so to say

Really no Circumstances???? You do realize that if Price and Reed were cut today they might not get signed by anyone and they are our starting WR's

The terrible truth.

But teams have to scuffle along at some position, may as well be a little guy spot.

I agree. Our WRs after evans are a huge weakness, maybe our biggest need other than rb. Meachem would be a great pick, taking pressure off evans, helping in the red zone, and giving losman another target.

I agree. But rarely do WRs make a huge impact there first year. But for the future Meachem would be a nice addition.

The Colstons and Mosses are few that can come in and run routes like the best of them. It takes time to adjust.

I like Meachem because his positives are that he is fast and has decent size. The biggest thing is that he takes good position with his body to bring in passes in traffic and he grabs balls with his hands, not his body.

He really reminds me of a young Moulds.