Willis to get the starting nod this weekend?

The Poojer

The bills have little to lose in terms of this season switching to a more productive running game and getting practice at being more productive However there seem to be several downsides to this move which make it unlikely:

A How"s WM: His full recovery from injury remains a definite possibility but he aint there yet from all weve seen Rushing him in to carry the load of a full game or starting still seems counter to bringing him a long at a good rate Pehaps if by starting him it would make the difference between making the playoffs or not you take the risk but this season has started so badly it seems doubtful he could provide much immediate benefits that justifies risking the future

B Shopping Henry: If you think TH has something to offer as a Bill you start him if you think he is done as a BilL abd you want to trade him you start him If he is hurt you sit him but whether you are done with TH or not you play him to get production or to trade him

The Fins have a good D but they can be run on

This season is tanked, why not put Willis in there??? Not just this week, but EVERY WEEK.

He's the guy we are keeping, not Travis, so why not give him the touches he needs to get back into the swing of things??? I can live with a slow start from him if it helps in the long run.

He sure looked better last week then Travis has.

Guest BillsRebound

With Willis taking advantage of his carries last week, it was inevitable that Willis was going to take over the starting spot. However, Mularkey did it the right way by giving Travis almost all of the carries the 1st 4 games. Now, we are 0-4, Travis is not running that well, and Willis looks good. Even if the hyper-sensitive Travis cries to the media (which I am sure is happening as I type this), Willis outplayed him last week and deserves the start.

Please stop worrying about Henry's (or anybody else's) trade value. At best, we get a draft choice. You see what we do with draft choices, especially high ones. I don't want no more stinkin draft choices. I want players that have a history of playing and want to contribute. I'd take a Rashad Baker any day over a first round choice. In the NFL, its at best a 50/50 proposition with a high draft choice and worse for a mid to low round choice. So, get me a guy that's been around awhile, even a solid journeyman and I'll give you Travis Henry.

I'd say "flame away" but nobody ever responds to my posts anyhow.