I'm surprised no one has commented on the article

PJBrown

and TD said that they have seen in the past couple of weeks practice's burst and agility that hadn't been there before....almost back to form....

Could a new ERA start Sunday?????

I think TH is all guts and is a stud, but WM has potential to be the best RB we've had since Thurman....and then some...

Comments/Thoughts?

I hope he does get the start. I can't wait to see what he can do when he gets a whole game's worth of action.

I like how the article tries to make it seem like willis wants to be traded to the dolphins and the only thing they base it on is that he wants more playing time and he misses southern florida. Of course he is going to miss his home at least a little bit. Leave it to the media to start rumors.

Whoever is healthiest should start. I don't think Willis will be 100 percent for another 8-12 months, but if Travis is less than 100 percent because of a current injury, then Willis should get the call.

With Miami and Baltimore next on our schedule, I will be glad (and admittedly surprised) if we can effectively run the ball, regardless if it is #20 or #21 carrying the load.

Whoever is healthiest should start. I don't think Willis will be 100 percent for another 8-12 months, but if Travis is less than 100 percent because of a current injury, then Willis should get the call.

With Miami and Baltimore next on our schedule, I will be glad (and admittedly surprised) if we can effectively run the ball, regardless if it is #20 or #21 carrying the load.

68213[/snapback]

Shouldn't you be more concerned about what the colts are doing during their bye week? Traitor!! :w00t:

Shouldn't you be more concerned about what the colts are doing during their bye week?  Traitor!! :w00t:

68228[/snapback]

Damn it, ofiba. I knew someone would call me out on that!

I said I adopted a second-favorite team. They are still a distant second-favorite. VERY distant.

But since they are entertaining to watch, have four Syracuse guys on their roster, and they are local, I'm taking an interest so that the playoffs will be watchable. So shoot me.

I got a free ticket when the Packers came to town (the Bills' bye week). I went and had a great time watching an entertaining game. I might try to go to the Monday night game when they play the Vikings in a few weeks. That should be entertaining too. But I would never go to a game when it conflicted with a Bills game.

I have lived and died with the Bills my entire life. I won't turn my back on these guys, even if watching them makes me want to repeatedly stab my eyes with a set of Ginsu knives, then light myself on fire.

Damn it, ofiba. I knew someone would call me out on that!

I said I adopted a second-favorite team. They are still a distant second-favorite. VERY distant.

But since they are entertaining to watch, have four Syracuse guys on their roster, and they are local, I'm taking an interest so that the playoffs will be watchable. So shoot me.

I got a free ticket when the Packers came to town (the Bills' bye week). I went and had a great time watching an entertaining game. I might try to go to the Monday night game when they play the Vikings in a few weeks. That should be entertaining too. But I would never go to a game when it conflicted with a Bills game.

I have lived and died with the Bills my entire life. I won't turn my back on these guys, even if watching them makes me want to repeatedly stab my eyes with a set of Ginsu knives, then light myself on fire.

68257[/snapback]

I was just jokng with you Indy. I enjoy watching other teams just like you. GO BILLS!

I was just jokng with you Indy. I enjoy watching other teams just like you. GO BILLS!

68270[/snapback]

Yeah, I know you were kidding. I think there are several people around here who have a distant second-favorite team. I don't think it makes us less of a Bills fan.

I am anxious to see what Willis can do when getting more carries, but also I dont want to see the bills rush him and Willis has a setback with his knee either...as long as they gradually get Willis more involved in the offense, Ill take it

68277[/snapback]

I dont have a whole lot of sympathy for Willis in this regard....

- We used a coveted 1st round pick for him

- He had all of last year to recuperate

- And to be quite honest...we need to know what we have with the kid....we have to stop this "but what if he gets hurt again" mentality....

If he gets hurt....then we need to know he is fragile BEFORE we trade away Travis Henry.....

JMO

I hope he does get the start. I can't wait to see what he can do when he gets a whole game's worth of action.

I like how the article tries to make it seem like willis wants to be traded to the dolphins and the only thing they base it on is that he wants more playing time and he misses southern florida. Of course he is going to miss his home at least a little bit. Leave it to the media to start rumors.

68205[/snapback]

If you rate TH as a 1 and WM as a 1.2 (in terms of ability and potential) then WM at 80% fit (1.2 x .8 = 0.96) is better than TH at 90% (1 x 0.9 = 0.9).

Aren't you glad I am an engineer ? :w00t:

From what I've seen from him I think we have a football player there.....I respect TH a ton but if it's 3rd down or near the goaline, I am WAY more confident with Willis in there.....I think we will see how special he is as the seson progresses....

just my opinion of course.....

68257[/snapback]

Sounds like my past as a Browns fan. :w00t:

Mike

Excuse me for being impatient, but I'm tired of waiting. This isn't a nursery. We're not here to spoon feed Willis Mcgahee. If the coach's think he's ready than by god. Start him. What the hell do we have to lose.... Is Mike Mularkey not giving him a chance cause ::in coach speak:: "Travis right now is our best chance to win". The truth is we need a shakeup somewhere on offense, and the first place other than benching josh reed permanatly in favor of Lee Evans that I'd shake up is benching the mental Midget Travis Henry in favor of Mcgahee. I like that Henry had rushed for over 2,700 yards and 20+ td's in the last 2 years, but whens the last time he's changed the course of the game. Whens the last time you seen teams stack the box and henry take it to the house..... I know at a quarter to never, and all Henry has proved this year is.

1. He refuses to be a team player. His constant bitching about playing time.

2. His inability to pick up a blitz. My favorite the old light contact and bounce off into the flat in a desperation attempt that some defensive player won't kill your quaterback and he'll magically loft you a a pass :w00t:

We're 0-4. We drafted Mcgahee in the 1st rd of the 2003 draft. He sat out for a year. It's time now to play him. Time to graduate from diapers to big kids underwear, and play Willis Mcgahee.

I dont have a whole lot of sympathy for Willis in this regard....

- We used a coveted 1st round pick for him

- He had all of last year to recuperate

- And to be quite honest...we need to know what we have with the kid....we have to stop this "but what if he gets hurt again" mentality....

If he gets hurt....then we need to know he is fragile BEFORE we trade away Travis Henry.....

JMO

68326[/snapback]

We got him with a low #1, which T.D. got for Price, who we were going to lose anyway. This was like an extra free pick. It is like winning $. Do You use it to pay bills, or buy something you don't need but would like? He will not be fully recovered for another year. I say play him, but realize he should get better with time.