Bills No Longer Interested in Brown, Dillon

Good, I'm actually glad about this. At first I was all for Brown, I even suggested it before they even annouced that there was any interest but now I don't care for him, and I was never a player for Dillion. This definitely indicates that they have bigger and better plans at RB. IF the Bills land up only drafting a RB after the 1st rd, then that would mean that they are pretty high on Fred Jackson. That would be OK because it will allow us on day one of the draft to concentrate on the LB and CB positions only.

For those of you who can't get it to load.

Buffalo Bills GM Marv Levy said his team may reconsider signing running backs Chris Brown or Corey Dillon at a later date, but prefer to go with another plan at running back. The Bills traded RB Willis McGahee earlier this month to the Baltimore Ravens, receiving a third- and seventh-round pick in next month's NFL draft and a third-rounder next year.

Brown, 26, played in only five games last season with the Tennessee Titans after enduring two years of a contentious relationship with then-GM Floyd Reese. A source close to Brown, a third-round pick by Tennessee in 2003, said that the relationship between Brown and Titans coach Jeff Fisher is friendly, so a return to Tennessee is possible as well. Brown rushed for a career-high 1,067 yards on 220 carries (4.9 yards per carry) in 11 games in 2004 before running into problems with Reese.

As for Dillon, he was granted a request for his release by the New England Patriots at the start of free agency so that he could pursue a starting job with another team. Dillon, 32, is living in Malibu, Calif., and is considering whether to play or retire.

Dillon rushed for 812 yards on 199 carries last season with the Patriots as he split time with rookie Laurence Maroney. Dillon also scored 13 touchdowns and has at least 12 touchdowns in each of the past three seasons. In 2004, he rushed for a career-high 1,635 yards.

Thank god. Good decision by marv. Get a back in the draft or if sd accepts it a 3rd for turner otherwise a back in the draft.

This has to mean that a deal is on the horizon for Turner imo. I could NEVER see Corey Dillion as a Bill, no way. Brown just has had way to many "nagging" injuries to even last a whole season. Davis/Williams is out there still and he is injured alot as well. Turner is the only real fa option at this time. It's just a matter of how much Mrav and co. will deal to get him.

Good, I'm actually glad about this. At first I was all for Brown, I even suggested it before they even annouced that there was any interest but now I don't care for him, and I was never a player Dillion. This definitely indicates that they have bigger and better plans at RB. IF the Bills land up only drafting a RB after the 1st rd, then that would mean that they are pretty high on Fred Jackson. That would be OK because it will allow us on day one of the draft to concentrate on the LB and CB positions only.

Agree. Good post. :beer:

I don't understand; I thought we were going to be able to sign Brown on the cheap? Does this mean he'll still continue his blog on bb.com?

Sorry eball, I just deleted my post because I had the same thought. Brown was a decent writer, and occasionally passed on bits of inside info. I think he'll blog elsewhere.