Brings meets w/ Angelo

djfarr00

Interesting. Apparently Marv started a trend.

Don Pierson, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo and LB Lance Briggs met to discuss Briggs' contract situation. Angelo offered not to use the franchise tag on Briggs next year if Briggs would play this season. Briggs has said he will sit out the season if the Bears keep the franchise tag on him. No agreement occured during the meeting.

Interesting. Apparently Marv started a trend.

Don Pierson, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo and LB Lance Briggs met to discuss Briggs' contract situation. Angelo offered not to use the franchise tag on Briggs next year if Briggs would play this season. Briggs has said he will sit out the season if the Bears keep the franchise tag on him. No agreement occured during the meeting.

I can't remember who has done it in the past, but Marv was not the first one to make this "promise".

I can't remember who has done it in the past, but Marv was not the first one to make this "promise".

the seahawks did it with shaun alexander a few years back. but then they signed him to a monster deal before he ever hit the market.

the seahawks did it with shaun alexander a few years back. but then they signed him to a monster deal before he ever hit the market.

The Bills did blaze this trail years ago. During heated negotiations in 1992 the Bills promised not to franchise Lonnie.

Correct me if I am wrong, but was that the year that both Jones and Hasselback were to become UFAs? Is so, that was an easy promise to make one would think.

Correct me if I am wrong, but was that the year that both Jones and Hasselback were to become UFAs? Is so, that was an easy promise to make one would think.

Definitely Jones, I'm not sure about Hasselback. I don't remember him getting close to FA, but I could be wrong.