Thanks for Spikes, Holcomb, best of luck with Walker, 7th rdr

Ive seen so many incorrect player analysis on the guy from people here it's given me some honest to God laughs.

Ive watched every game the man's played.

He ABSOLUTELY was part of a rotation- so whomever in another thread said he'd excel in Buffalo cos he wont have to play all game, is wrong.

The guy honestly defines average. Nothing special, won't hurt you, a good guy to have coming INTO a rotation, not start. To get anything at all for the guy is nice, to land a guy like Spikes who, granted, is 30, like Walker, but has such a better skill set and upside in the return to form from the injury?

I'll take it.

I know the history of the injury. I also know that Spikes played better as the year wore on last yr, and he was also hindered by a hammy injury that cant be discounted. I think he;ll be fine, and to only have to toss in a 2008 7th round pick> ????? And ya gave us a very good back up (I think he'll be AJ's back up, but whatever, they needn't burn a draft pk on QB this yr which is a plus, well, no wonder Sal Palantonio of ESPN said "Tell Buffalo Media to quote me- someone up there needs to know they were robbed!"

Oh, and this forum, apparently, has sparked some interest on another site......

http://www.700level.com/fansview/nosebleeds/11831/1.aspx

Enjoy.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive seen so many incorrect player analysis on the guy from people here it's given me some honest to God laughs.

He ABSOLUTELY was part of a rotation- so whomever in another thread said he'd excel in Buffalo cos he wont have to play all game, is wrong.

The guy honestly defines average. Nothing special, won't hurt you, a good guy to have coming INTO a rotation, not start. To get anything at all for the guy is nice, to land a guy like Spikes who, granted, is 30, like Walker, but has such a better skill set and upside in the return to form from the injury?

I'll take it.

I know the history of the injury. I also know that Spikes played better as the year wore on last yr, and he was also hindered by a hammy injury that cant be discounted. I think he;ll be fine, and to only have to toss in a 2008 7th round pick> ????? And ya gave us a very good back up (I think he'll be AJ's back up, but whatever, they needn't burn a draft pk on QB this yr which is a plus, well, no wonder Sal Palantonio of ESPN said "Tell Buffalo Media to quote me- someone up there needs to know they were robbed!"

Enjoy.

It's alway's nice to meet a well mannered fan from another team. There are New England fans that post on this board and are IMO really cool. Do me a favor and send over any of the Philly fans who meet the description above.

Oh and P.S. the current trend in the NFL is to only go with a starting QB and 1 backup.

I hope all you eagle pieces of sh*t are looking at our board...Your team sucks anyways...McNabb is soft and injury prone, so is Brian Westbrook, and your team isn't gonna win any Super Bowls this year either. I'm sure your posters are saying the same ridiculous comments about Spikes, who is past his prime and a shell of his former self. Sure you can call a bunch of Bills fans idiots for not knowing as much about Darwin Walker as you do, considering you watch him every game.

Nice draft last year, good luck with Brodrick Bunkley, that bum, maybe he should go back to his day job of stealing video games. Or the idiot you took in round 2, Winston Justice aka the brilliant young man who threatened some kid with a fake gun. Oh ya, and he wasn't active for a game last year either. I'm glad the Bills are making trades with your idiot GM. He's really shown in the past that he knows how to evaluate linebacker talent. Your fans suck and so does your team.

Good luck with Holcomb in there once McNabb goes down in Week 5 or so.

It's alway's nice to meet a well mannered fan from another team. There are New England fans that post on this board and are IMO really cool. Do me a favor and send over any of the Philly fans who meet the description above.

Oh and P.S. the current trend in the NFL is to only go with a starting QB and 1 backup.

Trust me, you don't want any of them over here.

I'll take it.

Enjoy.

[/quote

I fail to recognize any correlation between "average" and D. Walker. Although, I concur about the weak draft pick we recieved, the trade was still prudent of Buffalo. TKO has been essentially non-existent for so long, we can not wait and see if he adequately recovers. We do not have the time or inclination to put that much hope on a player. Walker is a substantial improvement to our D-line that warranted alteration. We have had good LB's for a while and has not made the post season in 10 yrs. Perhaps, it is time to seek a different route by invigorating our D-line and O-line! Good LB's have gotten us nowhere in over a decade; thus, the need for Walker!

Well you get the gold star

Wrong how exactaly? He was part of a rotation in philly and is primarily a good interior pass rusher. He will also be playing in a rotation in buffalo with larry tripplett, our 1st rd pick dt john mccargo and 5th rd pick from last year kyle williams. Playing next to a good pass rushing de in aaron schobel and a young improving de in chris kelsay. It would only be natural to assume based on his strengths and weaknesses. That playing in a rotation system based on pursuit and pressure he'd fit in well. Be my guest and tell me where I'm wrong?

I'll take it.

Talking to the majority of either side of the spectrum you'll get some homer responses to this. Each teams fans will believe they got the better end of the deal. As far as Walker being "average" as an all around player yes. Again he won't be playing all game, as he'll be used in a rotation system that suits his paticular strengths. If he was an everydown player being relied as a hold point, clog holes kind of dt I'd agree he's not suited. The Tampa 2 is based on inside pressure. That's Walkers game and he's been fairly good at it. No he's obviously not Tommie Harris, but he significantly upgrades the rotation of buffalos dline.

Better as the year went on? Because you looked at a stat sheet and saw he had a bunch of tackles or that's the kind of spin philly media is giving you. He accquired more tackles because at the end of the year he played significantly more on the weakside then strongside. He was also absolutly man handled week 16 against the titans, and looked brutal. Against the ravens he wasn't much better.

He mad very little impact in terms of the defense. Yes he's a workout warrior and great locker room guy, and generally a guy you want to root for. However let's let facts get in the way for a moment. Takeo Spikes is not the same player he was 3-4 years ago. You have yourselves a very good mentor for younger players. If you're expecting the guy who would get 160 tackles 2-4 sacks and ints a year and a few forced fumbles? Don't hold your breath.

As far as Kelly Holcomb goes. He fits that west coast offense. So yeah he'll make a decent backup and probably spot starter when McNabb goes down again. He gives a nice veteran presence and seems like a good locker room guy who will help your qb. I have no ill will towards either player. I hope Spikes comes back strong, but don't let name value fool you. I generally like to believe eagle fans are smarter then that.

Sad as I was about him being on the trading block in the first place, it really was painful last year to watch him hop on top of the pile after a play like Coy Wire does. Best of luck to TKO but outside of the one play in the NE game last year he wouldve had trouble running down his own shadow.

As a wise man once said the times they are a changing and with that I say, "bring on michael turner".

Let me remind you that the media called the Bills idiots for trading Eric Moulds to the Texans for a 5th round draft choice last year as well. A year later, the Bills have a decent DT for the rotation, while Eric Moulds is out of a job.

I'd wait until a few games are played before getting too excited about it.

I'll take it.

Enjoy.

Thanks for posting.

You are calling a player who has missed 17 of the past 32 games and is still recovering from an injury that less than a 1/4 of those who suffer it return to any semblance of their former self a better player than a guy who has missed three games in 5 years and is fourth in sacks out of all DT's in the NFL over that span. Just checking to see if you realize that.

Were you Rocky Balboa's sparring partner or just the side of beef hanging in the slaughter house?

How many times has Sal been demoted at ESPN...its got to be double digits now....he covers the eagles and chess I think...

Wrong how exactaly" (to the guy postin about the rotation)

Someone on this site, in another thread, said Walker was NOT in a rotation last yr, and had to play all game long, which he wont do in Buffalo.

He has played in a rotation his entire career.

Also, someone else said that he can play NT.

He's never played over the nose one snap in his career either. EVER.

Just sayin'.

As for the venom, I must say, with the exception of 1 or 2 of you, you failed to disapoint in your homeristic spin.

Spikes is trash, Walker's god and Shrewd Marv got the better of Andy.

Right. NOBODY KNOWS who'll look better in this thing a few yrs from now, but Im kinda confident I think it's goin to be Philly.

Oh- and to the astoute draftnick who ripped the Winston Justice Pick, the Bunkley pick? Bunkley? Huge disapointment but Im not writin the guy off yet.

Justice? Well lets just say its nice to be so stocked (BEST LINE IN FOOTBALL) at LT - a premium position, where youre No.2 pick, highly touted and a guy you move up to get, cant get on the field cos he still has a pro bowl caliber player ahead of him.

You may just get to know what thats like, if ol Shrewd Marv keeps it up~!

I would love to see some of you hardier beef on wheck chompers venture over to that site and give a good ol' Rogering- Bills style. YEAH~

It really all depends on Spikes and his ability to recover. If he doesn't recover the Eagles were the ones robbed. If he does, it was the Bills. Holcomb is a pathetic excuse for a QB and adds no value to the Philly side of the trade.

Gotcha. My bad...

*Bows out feeling like a fool.

No worries brother.

Oh and to the OP...Holcomb might be an excellent fit in your offense.*-However, the difference between a West Coast offense and a Ram's style offense might elude you. It is entirely possible that Holcomb and Spikes,especially Spikes, would have been salary cap casualities. Anything we got for them was gravy.

*(hint hint Holcomb has a weak arm)

Where to start. The major reason Spikes was sealt was his contract this year. Getting a decent albeit not a great DT is acceptable in my opinion. It lets us focus on one less thing come draft day. I like what I saw from Walker, hows that Bunkley pick looking? I liked Spikes but lets face it he probably will never be the same player he once was. We got rid of a big contract and a guy he is coming off one of the worst injuries possible. Keep listening to Sal Palantonio for re assurance. Anyone who actually takes what the ESPN heads say as gospel has a serious problem, oh wait I forgot I am talking to Eagle fans talk about dumb.

Alls well that ends well, Mcnabb will probably never be the same player again and you probably let your 2nd best offensive weapon go in Stallworth. Good luck with Holcomb, they could have paid me to look clueless and hold a cup of gatorade. As for the Losman comments time will tell. I dont remember Mcnabb tearing it up his first whole year behind center.

Put down the cheesesteak and take off the blinders. Marv inserted it slow and you feather wearing clowns are going to have to grin and bear it.

BAAAKKAAAAAA!!!!FLY DOUCHEBAGS FLY!!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Garcia has a rag arm.

Point? HE did well in this system. And Im not countin on much if anything outta KH except depth,.

as for cap casualties- same goes here for Walker. Signing Reagor and the push of Bunkley to the starting spot had Walker outside lookin in.

Pushing the unabashed homers aside for a minute- I seriously do wish Walker and I guess that means your team to a degree, best of luck. Walker was a class guy here and all I was tryin to say was that the excitement about obtaining him was surprising given his ability.

No worries brother.

Oh and to the OP...Holcomb might be an excellent fit in your offense.*-However, the difference between a West Coast offense and a Ram's style offense might elude you. It is entirely possible that Holcomb and Spikes,especially Spikes, would have been salary cap casualities. Anything we got for them was gravy.

*(hint hint Holcomb has a weak arm)

The one pictured in the avatar looks killer. I just don't believe you.