Levy, Job Well Done and Other Random Thoughts

I for one don't understand the discord regarding the organization's moves this offseason? Exactly how many playoff games did the Bill's play in with the likes of Clements, Fletcher, McGahee, and Spikes? Zero! Outside of JP, Schobel, and Evans, anything related to the Donahoe era should be erased from memory.

I wish TKO well in his future endeavors; he gave the Bills everything he had, but the organization didn't return the favor. Hopefully, he will get to the playoffs in Philadelphia, but don't forget an achilles injury is equivalent to a horse breaking its leg! For the record, a move I called for right after the injury occurred.

Say what you want about Willis, he is a great interview. Contrast some of his outladish quotes against the likes of Tiger Woods or Kobe Bryant, it is no contest! The only problem for Willis is that another season of 990 yards and 4 touchdowns will reduce him to interview material for the high school paper when his 10 year rolls around!

Speaking of cities with beautiful women, my personal favorites in descending order: New York City (warm spring morning in mid-town, international fetish anyone?); Phoenix/Scottsdale (golf cart women that look like Pam Anderson); Miami (Willis is right here, nothing like a 18 to 20 yr old Latina, accept one over 25 (for the wrong reasons)); San Diego (think of Phil Mickelson's wife numbered like migrant workers at a Home Depot parking lot); and Dallas (Jessica Simpson look alikes a dime a dozen). By the way, Chippawa Street pleasantly surprises me when I return to town.

If I was Levy I would make a move to sign Chris Brown with the money freed from Spikes and Holcomb and draft Michael Bush; the move would give time for the kid to heal and we would get a real home run this time around. In addition, Levy needs to get Patrick Willis on this roster, but I have a funny feeling he is getting ready to select the linebacker out of Penn State, a poster child for Levy's "character guy."

By the way, JP is going to great! I love everything about this guy.

I haven't felt this good about our team since 2000. We're really looking good.

I have a good feeling as well, maybe because there is some direction with this team. Unfortunately, this should have been the direction years ago. Is anybody really surprised at the moves the Bills have made the past couple off seasons? I think when Marv took over it was assumed he would make this team his own. This is going to be a very young and exciting team next year and Marv's plan is starting to take shape.

I'm just glad that Levy is trying to build some things through the draft and not just going for the glamour picks.

The only thing that I don't like being built through the draft is the o-line and Marv has the same thinking. Experience is key on the line. But besides that we have not gone out in either years for Marv and spent big on other areas of the team in FA. You can not build a winner with other teams castoffs. You need to build from within. I love Marvs approach even if its not sexy to the casual fan.

I'm just glad that Levy is trying to build some things through the draft and not just going for the glamour picks.

The only thing that I don't like being built through the draft is the o-line and Marv has the same thinking. Experience is key on the line. But besides that we have not gone out in either years for Marv and spent big on other areas of the team in FA. You can not build a winner with other teams castoffs. You need to build from within. I love Marvs approach even if its not sexy to the casual fan.

The Patriots signed 21 free agents the first year they went to the Super Bowl. That was as big a difference for their team than Brady's ascension over Bledsoe.

JASON PETERS.

Are you two picking out China yet? :wallbash::(

Bill--you still on a March 3rd high? Its nice to see that the thing you have been harping on for the better part of the last decade gets addressed in one day. To find a dominant LT in undrafted free agency is the highlight of the TD era...

The Patriots signed 21 free agents the first year they went to the Super Bowl. That was as big a difference for their team than Brady's ascension over Bledsoe.

Let me say thats interesting but its also not the norm.

Gelling is very important.

The big reason why teams before FA ever hit were always contendors. The Bills, Niners, Cowboys, etc.

Let me say thats interesting but its also not the norm.

Gelling is very important.

The big reason why teams before FA ever hit were always contendors. The Bills, Niners, Cowboys, etc.

True. My point is really that it is a combination of all things. You need to draft well, both high and low. You need to use free agency well (even if it is signing your homegrown free agents). You need to use the waiver wire well. Continuity is important if you have the kind of guys that can continue. ;)

True. My point is really that it is a combination of all things. You need to draft well, both high and low. You need to use free agency well (even if it is signing your homegrown free agents). You need to use the waiver wire well. Continuity is important if you have the kind of guys that can continue. ;)

I agree. But teams that go nuts like the Redskins and Dolphins every year are not guarenteed anything like the media seems to think. But those teams also haven't drafted well and even if they did in some years they didn't have the AMOUNT of picks needed to aid your FA signings. So again that goes back to your point and my point. You need to do well in the draft along with supplementing your team in FA. Of coarse we know that NE does a great job of drafting talent.

To find a dominant LT in undrafted free agency is the highlight of the TD era...

Yes it is because it is all but impossible. In fact I can't think of another example (although I would imagine one might exist).

I still want to see the Bills draft a first day OG and/or Center, but I am very happy with the OL signings. We needed help at LB even before the Spikes trade, and I hope Marv addresses this early as well.

Lets also remember that TD didn't sign him to be a lineman lol.

He was a special teamer/goaline TE and the coaches started to work him in on the line at a latter point.

To credit Peters as a dominate LT to TD is crazy.

Not at all. The reason he wasn't drafted was that GMs and scouts didn't know whether he would be a TE or an OL in the pros. He didn't have a lot of coaching in college on blocking. Other teams wanted to sign him as a UDFA but he chose the Bills. It was during TD's reign that they moved him to LT, where he spent an entire off season and all of training camp and part of the season before being moved to RT out of necessity due to injury.

Younger, dedicated, hungry athletic players..........I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH WHAT HAS TAKEN PLACE AT ALL.........

Am I sad to see Spikes leave, of course, I adored the guy. I love his style of play. However, we had to do what was best for the team. Saving the money we did, will end up being spend on Losman and Evans and to me, those are 2 players Buffalo cant afford to let walk.

Younger, dedicated, hungry athletic players..........I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH WHAT HAS TAKEN PLACE AT ALL.........

Am I sad to see Spikes leave, of course, I adored the guy. I love his style of play. However, we had to do what was best for the team. Saving the money we did, will end up being spend on Losman and Evans and to me, those are 2 players Buffalo cant afford to let walk.

amen.

If I remember right Peters never trained as a LT until this past year after the bye week.

But I could be wrong. I have been before.

I do respect your insight and knowledge.

Peters was brought in as an oversized TE. He played on special teams (and had a blocked punt/TD as I recall), and was moved to the OL because he was so big, strong and agile. This agility enabled him to be switched to LT, where Gandy was a nightmare.

I didn't rationally expect him to play as well as he did in 06 with such little time at LT, but he was an instant upgrade. He was able to handle speed rushers and actually push them outside by extending his arms. He is not only fast, but very strong.

Imo, Peters has a chance to be an exceptional LT in this league, and they are at a huge premium because they are just so scarce, and teams will not let go of them.

Thats what I thought Bill.

I knew in Mularkeys last year they were moving him around at TE and RT. But I never heard of him having a full offseason and trainging at LT under TDs regime. Only when Jauron came in did the Bills pencil him in for good on the o-line.