Levy, Job Well Done and Other Random Thoughts

Thats what I thought Bill.

I knew in Mularkeys last year they were moving him around at TE and RT. But I never heard of him having a full offseason and trainging at LT under TDs regime. Only when Jauron came in did the Bills pencil him in for good on the o-line.

I honestly do not know how much time he spent at LT in practice mind you, but it was a GREAT move to switch him over.

Thats what I thought Bill.

I knew in Mularkeys last year they were moving him around at TE and RT. But I never heard of him having a full offseason and trainging at LT under TDs regime. Only when Jauron came in did the Bills pencil him in for good on the o-line.

No. He was first moved to LT. In fact, he had never really played RT until he started there after the injury to Mike Williams.

This is from finheaven but in it is an article that talks about the switch.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthre...2687&page=2

I will bet on it. He was the back-up to Gandy.

Peters was brought in as an oversized TE. He played on special teams (and had a blocked punt/TD as I recall), and was moved to the OL because he was so big, strong and agile. This agility enabled him to be switched to LT, where Gandy was a nightmare.

I didn't rationally expect him to play as well as he did in 06 with such little time at LT, but he was an instant upgrade. He was able to handle speed rushers and actually push them outside by extending his arms. He is not only fast, but very strong.

Imo, Peters has a chance to be an exceptional LT in this league, and they are at a huge premium because they are just so scarce, and teams will not let go of them.

Peters and Dockery manning the left side of our line are going to be the AFC's version of what Seattle had going a couple years ago with Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson. I am still a little worried about RG though. Duke Preston just has not impressed me whatsoever in the past two years. He either has to step up, or there needs to be some fierce competition between Whittle, Merz and Butler to start. Who thinks we draft a guard to play on the rightside first day?