ESPN reports

for a deal that was proclaimed DONE earlier in the weekend, it does seem like it's taking a long time. As another poster said: the longer the better, really. I hope we are asking for way too much. You don't get what you don't ask for and the worst that could happen is, we keep TKO.

Exactly, they shouldn't have labelled the deal "imminent" if it wasn't all but done.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for a deal that was proclaimed DONE earlier in the weekend, it does seem like it's taking a long time. As another poster said: the longer the better, really. I hope we are asking for way too much. You don't get what you don't ask for and the worst that could happen is, we keep TKO.

you really think theres a chance spikes is here this year, even with his current salary and performance the past two seasons? i'm thinking that the worst thing that could happen is that we get less than a 5th for him. i think him staying is too far beyond the realm of possibility.

Some of those little blurbs regarding Spikes on ESPN.com mentioned he demanded a trade or be released. I think Buffalo is attempting to meet his requirement. It could be argued they need to get rid of him for cap reasons, but ultimately when a guy is so publicly shopped there's not a chance he's back next season.

Like it or not, I don't feel Spikes fits in with the youth movement. I personally believe his public complaints about Vincent's release started he and the Bills down a dead end road and for Spikes a ticket out of town. Some might not agree, but it's a combination of his supposed drop off in talent, high salary, and locker room lawyer mentality that is his ticket out.

You're not supposed to read my posts! ;)

:D

i guess i just mean getting three picks for him, instead of just a 2nd, for example. it seems like they went against the standard trade grain and maneuvered for more picks instead of one, but this is obviously just pure speculation and a hunch on my part.

C'mon. You meant he night package Holcomb with Spike and get a 2nd round pick. (Wouldn't THAT be something?)

This trade will be a good indicator of Marv's magic. The Eagles seem to always play close to the vest and very stingy. If he can get a third for both of them, I'd be psyched.

I'd take a 3rd as that would give us three 3rds. Trading for another 1st becomes a REAL possibility.

Old guys are smart...well, at least some of us.

Some of those little blurbs regarding Spikes on ESPN.com mentioned he demanded a trade or be released. I think Buffalo is attempting to meet his requirement. It could be argued they need to get rid of him for cap reasons, but ultimately when a guy is so publicly shopped there's not a chance he's back next season.

Like it or not, I don't feel Spikes fits in with the youth movement. I personally believe his public complaints about Vincent's release started he and the Bills down a dead end road and for Spikes a ticket out of town. Some might not agree, but it's a combination of his supposed drop off in talent, high salary, and locker room lawyer mentality that is his ticket out.

I am in total agreement with you. Much like McGahees Toronto comment. It is totally obvious now, he knew that was his ticket out of town. Probably his agents idea, as I don't think he is smart enough to think it up himself. ( His own mother said he was too stupid to know women lie to men. )

This trade will be a good indicator of Marv's magic. The Eagles seem to always play close to the vest and very stingy. If he can get a third for both of them, I'd be psyched.

I hate to play devil's advocate but the Eagles also seem to have great timing in letting go of vets for younger players at the right time. see Vincent, Bobby Taylor and Corey Simon as recent examples.