Which would you rather have happen?

chetsap

everyone will say win the Super Bowl, but secretly everyone, if presented a suitcase full of cash - will take the money and run.

First of all $10,000 is hardly a suitcase full of cash. Not that it's not a lot of money, but honestly it's not that hard to get $10,000 together. There's no way in hell I'd trade a Super Bowl win for $10,000. Like others have said it'd have to be up around $100,000 to even start having a conversation. Personally I think my breaking point would be somewhere around $200,000-$300,000.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the Bills - a private corporation - sign a legal document saying that when they win the SB, they will return every penny they ever got out of the taxpayers - I'll take the 10K. :thumbsup:

How about if they just return the few pennies they (may have) got from you?

They can keep whatever I contributed.

$1M to be credible? Dude, you are dreaming. The average salary of a household on this board is probably $40k. You don't think people would take a year's salary over the outcome of a game? Even $10k invested right now goes a long way to putting a young child through college.

Like I said, everyone will say Super Bowl, but in reality most would take the money. If not - you're stupid rich or just well... you know.

Maybe this is all a clever ploy to indirectly monetize our loyalty to the Bills?

I believe I said previously that I'd spend $10k to see the Bills in the Super Bowl next year, so I think you know where I stand. I'm not sure where my threshold would be to take the money. It's probably a lot lower than I'd like to think, though.

Right now I'm envisioning the Sabres raising the Cup at Thurman's induction ceremony next August. Now that would be something.

If I take the money, do the Bills never win a super bowl? That is the important question. If I take the SB win, I am never going to have someone offer me 10,000 bucks for nothing, but if I take the money, the Bills could still win the super bowl on their own. Right?

$10,000 (especially after taxes), isn't that much money in the grand scheme of things. I'd take a Superbowl season, no questions asked, especially if the alternative was that Buffalo would never win a Superbowl...

Of course you have to remember that I'm in the minority of people who would rather Buffalo lose 4 straight Superbowls than to have won the Giants game and never gone back again.

If I take the money, do the Bills never win a super bowl? That is the important question. If I take the SB win, I am never going to have someone offer me 10,000 bucks for nothing, but if I take the money, the Bills could still win the super bowl on their own. Right?

I was thinking the same think....

Maybe I should take the money, so I could spend it going with a friend to see the Bills in the Superbowl, where they play (in January 2009) based on their own wins, nothing given for free by the same hypothetical question that magically produces my cash.

This reminds me of that bar joke(tasteless to be sure) line from about 6? years ago that started out with:

Would you suck my.... for a dollar? How about for $10,000? Sooner or later everyone has a price that they agree to, and of course the obligatory response is: You Whore!

I agree that $200,000 is a lot of money - but for me - a Bills Superbowl is beyond any amount of money anyone could pay me.

This reminds me of that bar joke(tasteless to be sure) line from about 6? years ago that started out with:

Would you suck my.... for a dollar? How about for $10,000? Sooner or later everyone has a price that they agree to, and of course the obligatory response is: You Whore!

I agree that $200,000 is a lot of money - but for me - a Bills Superbowl is beyond any amount of money anyone could pay me.

And seeing as both of these questions (sucking and winning a SB) have a price, it makes sense to merge them:

Who here would suck someone if it meant the Bills would win the Super Bowl this year? For your post above, I know where you stand.

I got a $40,000 bonus and spent it in six weeks in the late 90's. I have NOTHING to show for it. I think that's a pretty easy question for me. If I get another big windfall I'd trade it for a Bills SB in a heartbeat.

must of been a fun 6 weeks!

I always thought the monetary amounts were the other way around: "Would you for $100k?" "Yep." "Would you for a quarter?" "Of course not! What kind of a girl do you think I am!?!?" "We've already established what kind of a girl you are, now we're just dickering over the price."

Older than that. :blink:

Attributed to Winston Churchill, I dunno...70 years ago? At a dinner party where he was seated next to a particularly vexing woman:

Churchill: "Madam, would you go to bed with me for a million pounds?"

Woman: "Why Sir Winston, of course!".

Churchill: "Madam, would you go to bed with me for 10 pounds?"

Woman: "Why, no!!!"

Churchill: "Madam, we have established that you are a whore. We merely haggle price".