Why not go for 2 first rounders

I have seen all these posts of what to do if Willis, Lynch, Branch, Hall, Aboye, and AP are all available. I don't think they will be, but I feel one option that has not been discussed is to use the 2nd round pick and the extra third to get back up in the teens again. I would really LOVE to see the Bills draft Willis. An impact player on to anchor the defense would be huge. I think Aboye would be a great talent to help stop the run to let Willis run free. I think the Defense is the key especially the Run defense as opponents will run the ball 75% of the time in the last 3 home games in Buffalo.

Signing 2 first rounders would be tough for the Bills management to stomach, but 2 impact Defensive players would be great.

Thoughts? What would it require to pull it off?

I have seen all these posts of what to do if Willis, Lynch, Branch, Hall, Aboye, and AP are all available. I don't think they will be, but I feel one option that has not been discussed is to use the 2nd round pick and the extra third to get back up in the teens again. I would really LOVE to see the Bills draft Willis. An impact player on to anchor the defense would be huge. I think Aboye would be a great talent to help stop the run to let Willis run free. I think the Defense is the key especially the Run defense as opponents will run the ball 75% of the time in the last 3 home games in Buffalo.

Signing 2 first rounders would be tough for the Bills management to stomach, but 2 impact Defensive players would be great.

Thoughts? What would it require to pull it off?

It would probably be just as tough as signing the 2nd and 3rd rounder (plus probably another late pick to move into the teens again)

I agree with this strategy if the opportunity is there.

I think unlike last year, we don't have as many starting spots to fill with the draft and would trade some draft depth for draft impact. We need a RB, either a day 1 pick or a trade. I think we would be a better football team if we can pick up an impact LB, which is why I'm currently high on Willis if SF doesn't take him.

Giving up a 2nd and a 3rd to move back to the first sounds like a good idea if the right players are available (and if whoever we pick doesn't break his foot and miss the year :thumbsup: ).

If we ended up with Willis, Lynch, a 3rd round corner, and a 4th round DT for example, I would be very happy. But as with most trade ups, it would have to be a last minute decision after we have picked at #12 and knowing who is actually available at the spot when we move up.

To me championships are not built with first round draft picks, but rather with getting quality consistantly from rounds 3-5.

Yes, I agree. Some examples from the past are Talley, A. Reed, Ballard from the SB years.

While I would normally be against it, in this particular draft I think its worth considering. Its a relatively weak draft at most of the Bills primary need positions and could represent a much better chance of filling two of those needs with immediate contributors than would otherwise be possible.

im not a true fan of lynch or a 1st rd. running back for that matter. But i think there are multiple players to upgrade the Defense with. The Bills have holes that can be filled with first round impact players. I know there can be sucess in the later rounds but harder to find and often times longer to develop. Even coming up late in the 1st round to get a guy like Chris Houston.

Dream scheme...Willis and Okoye