Marshawn Lynch may have back problems

Yesterday on NFL Network they mentioned that Marshawn Lynch is dropping in alot of GM's eyes becasue he has back problems. They mentioned that alot of GM's were disappointed with his physical. Anyone else hear anything about this? ;)

Good find, you beat me to it. I saw this as well, he specifically mentioned that teams in the top half of the draft expressed dissapointment in his medical results. hmm wonder if we were one of them.

He either passed his physical or he didn't. 'Disappointed' seems like an odd choice of words.

Its possible this is true. Then again, a few teams in the top 10 may be trying to push him down the board with the intent of trading up from their early R2 spots to select him.

This smacks of GM pre-draft disinformation. I spent the last half hour doing searches on Marshaun Lynch's back injury and the only thing I found was this: http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/lynch_marshawn

"Lynch was named All-American and All-Pac-10 first team and Pac-10 Offensive Player of the Year in 2006. At times playing with two sprained ankles and a sore back, he still led the conference in both rushing (104.31 yards per game) and all-purpose yardage (137.31 ypg.)."

I wonder if one of the sources was the Packer GM. Don't believe anything you read regarding what NFL GM's think about players good or bad from now until after draft.

Sounds like the kid isn't afraid to play hurt, that's a positive.

He either passed his physical or he didn't. 'Disappointed' seems like an odd choice of words.

Its possible this is true. Then again, a few teams in the top 10 may be trying to push him down the board with the intent of trading up from their early R2 spots to select him.

He may have passed it, but if the report says "limited back dexterity exhibited'' or something like that, this is not made up crapola. It's a red flag.

He may have passed it, but if the report says "limited back dexterity exhibited'' or something like that, this is not made up crapola. It's a red flag.

I don't consider 'unable to touch his toes' to be a major problem.

Yesterday on NFL Network they mentioned that Marshawn Lynch is dropping in alot of GM's eyes becasue he has back problems. They mentioned that alot of GM's were disappointed with his physical. Anyone else hear anything about this? ;)

BTW it was on Path to The Draft and the source was Nolan Nawrocki from PFW. He mentioned that it could push him into the late first round and compared the slide to Steven Jackson and Laurence Maroney (2 guys I would not mind having at all).

I don't consider 'unable to touch his toes' to be a major problem.

I can't touch my toes either.

Does the fact that I have 3 hurniated disk matter in this scenario though?

But seriously a back problem does not go away. You have good and bad days. And being an NFL RB you will prolly have more bad then good.

That might mean A-Train will be the feature back while Lynch gets 1st round money to rehab and watch. That is of course if we took him in the 1st round.

I can't touch my toes either.

Does the fact that I have 3 hurniated disk matter in this scenario though?

But seriously a back problem does not go away. You have good and bad days. And being an NFL RB you will prolly have more bad then good.

That might mean A-Train will be the feature back while Lynch gets 1st round money to rehab and watch. That is of course if we took him in the 1st round.

The point I was making is that we don't even know that there IS a problem. A herniated disk would very likely cause him to fail his physical. If he passed it, he's probably fine.

The point I was making is that we don't even know that there IS a problem. A herniated disk would very likely cause him to fail his physical. If he passed it, he's probably fine.

I fully understand and had a little sarcasm in there too.

BUT--- I take a physical every year and pass it with 3 herniated disk.

Right now this is just speculation from a source right? Until a doctor comes out and says he is not fit I will not assume he has any issues.

I fully understand and had a little sarcasm in there too.

BUT--- I take a physical every year and pass it with 3 herniated disk.

Right now this is just speculation from a source right? Until a doctor comes out and says he is not fit I will not assume he has any issues.

Yep, its just a rumor. As mentioned earlier, there are reports that he had some type of minor back problem this past season that he played through, yet even this is unsubstantiated. Given that, I think it would have been thoroughly checked at the combine and we'd have likely heard about it before now if there had been an issue.

Yep, its just a rumor. As mentioned earlier, there are reports that he had some type of minor back problem this past season that he played through, yet even this is unsubstantiated. Given that, I think it would have been thoroughly checked at the combine and we'd have likely heard about it before now if there had been an issue.

I agree...it woulda come out before now

Back injuries are very touchy.

He played through some back pain last year.

I would not be investing a 1st rounder in a gimpy back.

I saw the report yesterday on the NFL network as well. It seemed like the guy from PFW was pretty credible.

In any event, the last time I checked, the Bills have doctors who presumably are able to confirm this.

As a side note, I would not be surprised at all if the Bills draft him given Chris Brown's blog today. I have a feeling that picking him at 12 is probably too high with or without back problems. I would rather see the Bills pick Okoye or trade down in the round and pick up Lynch and an extra pick or get an RB in round 2. Yet, given last year, if Marv et al have their sights set on him, they just may take him rather than risk losing him (same philosophy as drafting Whitner when they did).

Back injuries are very touchy.

He played through some back pain last year.

I would not be investing a 1st rounder in a gimpy back.

It depends upon the nature of the injury. For all we know it was nothing more than a deep bruise that took a few weeks to heal during the season. We simply don't have enough information about it to write him off.