Lions Shopping #2 pick

I hope they don't do it just because I want to see everyone in Detroit lose it when they draft C Johnson with #2. 4 1st rd WR draft picks on a single team would be hilarious(can't remember if Rogers was cut)? I don't think we would be involved in any sort of trade to move up, but just for fun, if we did, who would you take? I'd go Peterson.

This year, it appears that the WR actually would be the best choice at #2, even at #1.

Calvin Johnson seems to be that rare can't miss player.

Maybe Cleveland's posturing to trade up to #2 is actually for Johnson. Hmmm...

Calvin Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow Jr. That's a formidble trio of receivers. They can sit on the potential of charlie frye for another year and draft someone like bush or pittman in the next 2 rounds.

I hope they don't do it just because I want to see everyone in Detroit lose it when they draft C Johnson with #2. 4 1st rd WR draft picks on a single team would be hilarious(can't remember if Rogers was cut)? I don't think we would be involved in any sort of trade to move up, but just for fun, if we did, who would you take? I'd go Peterson.

I'll bet AP slips to 12. Let's stay the course or move down.

I'll bet AP slips to 12. Let's stay the course or move down.

No way he gets past the Texans and if by some chance he does I have a feeling Green Bay will have something to say about that. They havent even attempted to sign a RB have they?

Actually it would be scary for the Lions to get Calvin Johnson. Remember not all of their 1st rd WRs have been a failure. They did pick a guy named Roy Williams who has been spectacular...Now if they had Calvin Johnson on the other side and some how manage to get Jake Plummer from the Bucs, it will be fantastic for Detroit...

However, my belief is they will go Brady Quinn at #2. When you have a franchise QB available you take him....

i have oakland swappping picks with tampa bay and them taking calvin johnson,, ,,followed by detroit swapping with arizona and them taking joe thomas..

1 tb- johnson

2ariz- thomas

3clev-peterson

4oakland russell

5 detroit - quinn

oakland get tampas 2nd and 3rd and 4th also..possibly more

detroit gets ariz 2nd and 3rd

just a opinion seems to make sense russellis not a number 1 overall ,,johnson and thomas by "talent' should come off 1-2..after that its hard to call but looks like the skins are setting up to choose landry at 6

i have oakland swappping picks with tampa bay and them taking calvin johnson,, ,,followed by detroit swapping with arizona and them taking joe thomas..

1 tb- johnson

2ariz- thomas

3clev-peterson

4oakland russell

5 detroit - quinn

oakland get tampas 2nd and 3rd and 4th also..possibly more

detroit gets ariz 2nd and 3rd

just a opinion seems to make sense russellis not a number 1 overall ,,johnson and thomas by "talent' should come off 1-2..after that its hard to call but looks like the skins are setting up to choose landry at 6

That doesn't seem like a lot of moving around to still get the same guys they're projrcted to take if they all stand pat?

However, my belief is they will go Brady Quinn at #2. When you have a franchise QB available you take him....

Agreed. You obviously spend the 2nd overall pick on the QB who can:

a. get rattled easily when pressured

b. put up monster stats vs scrub teams and chokes in big games vs good ones

c. tip off the defenders before throwing by patting the football

Who wouldn't want a QB like that?

That doesn't seem like a lot of moving around to still get the same guys they're projrcted to take if they all stand pat?

Supposedly Phil Savage the GM told Russel that he would not fall past the 3rd pick. I got to believe AP will drop to the Texans and Marshawn is our guy. Or we trade down and grab Willis.

I gotta believe we go RB in the 1st rd. i don't think we needit but I think our coaching staff likes Lynch. Maybe I could see us going D if Okoye is there, but as we've seen, Marv and Co. take their guy and aren't swayed at all by the draft pundits. Peterson or Lynch in the 1st unless Okoye is there and even then I think they are counting on McCargo to step up and play like a 1st rder.

I gotta believe we go RB in the 1st rd. i don't think we needit but I think our coaching staff likes Lynch. Maybe I could see us going D if Okoye is there, but as we've seen, Marv and Co. take their guy and aren't swayed at all by the draft pundits. Peterson or Lynch in the 1st unless Okoye is there and even then I think they are counting on McCargo to step up and play like a 1st rder.

Yeah. Since we still don't know what we have in McCargo, it seems a bit premature for the Bills to just cut bait and spend another first round pick on a DT.

Now, that said, there are few positions I would be upset if the Bills used a pick on. We can use upgrades @ MLB, DT, WR, RB, C (I'm still not sold on Fowler), OG (maybe, if they don't move Walker inside), DE, and CB, so if the pick is on any of those positions, it would be alright.

Supposedly Phil Savage the GM told Russel that he would not fall past the 3rd pick. I got to believe AP will drop to the Texans and Marshawn is our guy. Or we trade down and grab Willis.

I don't know. But why would Texans take AP when they just signed Green to starter money and then afterwards picked-up Dayne to be the supposed back-up/1b guy? Having Green making over 5 million per year, then having AP making top 10 draft pick money would be a waste. They have other needs.

I don't know. But why would Texans take AP when they just signed Green to starter money and then afterwards picked-up Dayne to be the supposed back-up/1b guy? Having Green making over 5 million per year, then having AP making top 10 draft pick money would be a waste. They have other needs.

Couldn't have said that better....I cannot see them taking a 1st round rb with their offseason moves.

Couldn't have said that better....I cannot see them taking a 1st round rb with their offseason moves.

If one of the QBs fall to them, they could go in that direction. I believe there's a good chance the Texans would draft S LaRon Landry of LSU if he's still on the board, which he may very likely be @ their pick.

If one of the QBs fall to them, they could go in that direction. I believe there's a good chance the Texans would draft S LaRon Landry of LSU if he's still on the board, which he may very likely be @ their pick.

I forgot all about their QB problem....I think that if Quinn does fall to them they will snatch him up and try to get a 3rd or a 4th for Carr in this years draft. I think the Dolfelons or the Vikings might go for that in a minute.

Yeah. Since we still don't know what we have in McCargo, it seems a bit premature for the Bills to just cut bait and spend another first round pick on a DT.

Now, that said, there are few positions I would be upset if the Bills used a pick on. We can use upgrades @ MLB, DT, WR, RB, C (I'm still not sold on Fowler), OG (maybe, if they don't move Walker inside), DE, and CB, so if the pick is on any of those positions, it would be alright.

Agreed.. but, at the sime time, I don't want the Bills using a 1st rd. pick on a RB when they don't know what the have in Fred Jackson, either.. by all accounts, the kid tore up NFL Europe, and I'd have to assume that the talent level in NFLE is still higher than that of Division I NCAAFB, although not by much.

I'm hoping for Willis or Okoye in the 1st round, and if "The Brass" feel a need to draft a RB on day one, I'd like to see them swap "Balt's 3rd" and "Our 4th" to move back into the late 2nd round, and grab Brian Leonard/RB/Rutgers (Or pray that he's lasts til "Our 3rd".. which I don't see happening.) It fills a need at FB, and the kid could turn into a bonafide tailback, if needed. That leaves our 2nd rounder to grab the best CB available.

So, on day one, you've gotten a MLB or DT, CB and FB (Plan B, RB) , and still our 3rd rounder to use.

Just an idea. Flame away. <_<;):lol:<_<<_<

I dunno, I guess I'm still not convinced that Marv and the front office are all that worried about improving at CB. I don't think they do cb til the 3rd rd. We don't know what we have in Youbooty, I think they believe McGee is good enough to start and Kilwaukee Thomas can start ont he other side until Youbooty is ready. At DT I do think they are hesitant to grab another one in the first because they expect bog things from McCargo. I don't. He got injured in Week 6, yet he still only had 7 tackles! I don't call myself an expert on Dts but I don't think 1 tackle a game average is all that good. ;) Spikes won't be around on draft day, so we will need at least 2-3 Lbs. I say we go Lynch in the 1st, trade back into the first and pick up an OLB in Pos. Why? Because Marv already stated publicly that Crowell is the new MLB. I don't have a problem with Ellison starting, I think he could be agood player if he just bulks up. We need a nasty guy at OLB who attacks the line and Pos fits the bill.