I gotta admit it, I'm not so sure LB is a pressing need.

I think the Bills could use a linebacker in the later rounds for depth, but their starters are pretty good:

WLB- Keith Ellison- This guy came out of nowhere and just produced. He kept improving as the season went on. With a year of NFL experience under his belt and maybe some more weight, this guy could be a force to reckon with.

MLB- Angelo Crowell- He is determined to the the captain of this group. Angelo was one of Len Pastabelly's most underrated players in the NFL. He is a beast.

SLB- Takeo Spikes- Why the he!! is Marv and co. trying to get rid of this guy. This is Takeo Spikes, Takeo isn't the type of player to just be average. We all know he will work his damn a$$ off to be his old self! This year, we will see a bigger, faster, stronger, and better Takeo Spikes.

With that being said, do the Bills really need a new LB? I like the guys the have. The more I think about it, the more I want the Bills to draft Okoye/Hall @ #12.

1. Ellison played because they had no one else except Coy Wire. He has the best instincts of the group to play the cover-2, however it remians to be seen if he can hold up at his small size. He needs to get bigger and stronger.

2. Crowell may play MLB by default in 2007, ,but it remains to be seen whether he can change his previous history and attack the line of scrimmage and fill gaps to improve the run suipport. Using hisstory as a guide, he may just be a continuation of Fletcher in run support. His pass coverage will be also be a downgrade due to his inexperience. If he does not go to SF at #11, Willis is a better fit in the MLB due to his playing style agasisnt the run and height and wingspan against the pass. The Bills aren't going to the Superbowl, so they would be willing to live with the rookie learning curve to gain much better production in the middle.

3. For his salary, Spikes is stealing from the Bills. He has a reprieve thru training camp to show that he has regained a fraction of his former range and speed. Bills need to bring in another LB to take his place if can't recover. Spikes' salary is too high to carry him on past glory. It makes more sense to draft the harder to find MLB and use Crowell in this slot.

There is no depth as evedenced by Coy Wire as your top backup.

Hard to pass on Okoye -but then they did pass on Vince Wilfork when he dropped in their lap a few years back.

while i do not want to diminish any of their running backs to backup status, but denver has done a good job of inserting less than marquee players behind a good OL with some pretty good results. I think a much improved OL makes A-train et al much better than superstar WM ever could have been here

You don't build up the O-line to let a bunch of backups run behind it. The Bills go early with a RB to be the 1a with A-Train 1b. Don't kid yourself, A-Train will not be the 1a in a RB by comittee

The Bills are in a position to take the best player available at any position right now because they have needs (CB, DT, LB, RB) but no gapping holes right now, or atleast no immediate, have to draft #1 needs

while i do not want to diminish any of their running backs to backup status, but denver has done a good job of inserting less than marquee players behind a good OL with some pretty good results. I think a much improved OL makes A-train et al much better than superstar WM ever could have been here

If this line coud make A-train into a great back, it would have made Willis a Pro Bowler

A-Train is a 1b RB at best

are you saying that this line IS built up? I was coming at this debate that while we have made some strides, we have a long way to go...we need to continue to build up the OL then let <Insert RB name here> run wild. I certainly did not mean to imply that the line is there yet...moving there, but not there yet

If this line coud make A-train into a great back, it would have made Willis a Pro Bowler

A-Train is a 1b RB at best

are you saying that this line IS built up? I was coming at this debate that while we have made some strides, we have a long way to go...we need to continue to build up the OL then let <Insert RB name here> run wild. I certainly did not mean to imply that the line is there yet...moving there, but not there yet

What more can you do to the line at this point? The have depth, they have guys who have been starters and are at the worse mediocre to OK which is better then the ones they are replacing. Right now I see it as the line has been fixed until something happens. How do you know they still have a long way to go? They haven't even had a practice together yet. I don't see how you can continue to build it up.

What I was saying is that you said a better line would make A-train so much better, well a better line would have made Willis a Pro Bowler

If Bill is happy with it, the line must be better, lol

Willis was already a Pro Bowl alternate....

He has never played in a Pro Bowl. Never will without serious attitude adjustment. Ravens might be able to extract that from him. Buffalo couldn't.

As far as this topic goes, the Bill are very thin at LB. Gotta add at least a couple before training camp. Hopefully at least one that is a starter.

I don't see how anyone can say that LB and RB are not pressing needs on this team. Every LB on this team is average or old(spikes). And we don't have a RB that makes any defense worry. If they don't get a running back that teams have to look to shut down, this will be another long season.

I'm sorry, but A-Train does not scare me one bit. They can double Evans all day long and still take A-Train out of the game.

I think the Bills could use a linebacker in the later rounds for depth, but their starters are pretty good:

WLB- Keith Ellison- This guy came out of nowhere and just produced. He kept improving as the season went on. With a year of NFL experience under his belt and maybe some more weight, this guy could be a force to reckon with.

MLB- Angelo Crowell- He is determined to the the captain of this group. Angelo was one of Len Pastabelly's most underrated players in the NFL. He is a beast.

SLB- Takeo Spikes- Why the he!! is Marv and co. trying to get rid of this guy. This is Takeo Spikes, Takeo isn't the type of player to just be average. We all know he will work his damn a$$ off to be his old self! This year, we will see a bigger, faster, stronger, and better Takeo Spikes.

With that being said, do the Bills really need a new LB? I like the guys the have. The more I think about it, the more I want the Bills to draft Okoye/Hall @ #12.

If a DT is needed, it is a run stuffing DT that is a big guy, like Paul Soliai 6'4 344. Depth is what is needed at LB. And while I also like them to keep TKO, you gotta think about the years to come. What if he is a bust this year, what if Ellison does not pan out? You have got to keep your options open.

When it comes down to it, I think this position needs to be upgraded and Willis is that guy. If Okoye and Peterson are off the board, I think Willis is the guy that you go after.

I don't see how anyone can say that LB and RB are not pressing needs on this team. Every LB on this team is average or old(spikes). And we don't have a RB that makes any defense worry. If they don't get a running back that teams have to look to shut down, this will be another long season.

I'm sorry, but A-Train does not scare me one bit. They can double Evans all day long and still take A-Train out of the game.

Hits nail on head.