Chris Brown initial reports on players

JoeF

Chris Brown's initial reports from the first day of the offseason program.....

Pennington looking fit

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:51 PM ET | Link

PENNINGTON LOOKING FIT: Bills OT Terrance Pennington looked like he's firmed up some since last season. He came in a little soft last year, but looks like he's toned his body up this offseason. He said he's been working hard in the weight room. ---

A Royal problem

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:44 PM ET | Link

A ROYAL PROBLEM: Everyone who owns a home knows maintaining a house or making improvements is a seemingly endless process. So imagine how Bills TE Robert Royal felt when he got a call from his contractor this offseason telling him his house was completely flooded. Apparently when Royal left to go down to his native Louisiana at the end of the season he turned his thermostat off. The water in his pipes then froze, expanded and burst all the pipes in his house. Water was apparently cascading down from the second floor bathroom. His contractor happened to be driving by and saw water coming out the front door. He went inside and waded through three and a half feet of water in the basement to turn the water off. Needless to say the house is a mess. That's a tough, tough lesson for a native southerner to learn about having a home up north. ---

Jackson pumped up

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:42 PM ET | Link

JACKSON PUMPED UP: Of all the players I saw at One Bills Drive today, the guy that has transformed his body the most from the end of last year was RB Fred Jackson. He bulked up some up top and feels comfortable with the extra muscle he's carrying. I'll have a story on him later this week on the home page.

It is my hope that Terrance gets even better in his second year and forces a situation with Langston Walker moving to Right Guard.....

Oh my god would this line be huge and agile

I think either Pennington or Butler gets the RT slot and Walker gets RG. It will be cool to have some depth--Pennington or Butler (whomever loses the RT competition) as 3rd tackle, Preston and Whittle on the interior...we could actually consider ourselves two deep...wow...that's a far cry from none deep.

I think either Pennington or Butler gets the RT slot and Walker gets RG. It will be cool to have some depth--Pennington or Butler (whomever loses the RT competition) as 3rd tackle, Preston and Whittle on the interior...we could actually consider ourselves two deep...wow...that's a far cry from none deep.

It would just be nice to not have people constantly badgering about the line and they start complaining about other issues for a change.....even if one of them limps out.....

His contractor happened to be driving by and saw water coming out the front door.

Nice job by the neighbors to look in at the house from time to time. Good visual on that though...Royal Falls. :w00t:

Nice job by the neighbors to look in at the house from time to time. Good visual on that though...Royal Falls. :w00t:

Not to be cynical, but does anyone else question that the contractor had keys to the house and the most to gain from a flood, and happened to just discover this disaster? I hope Royal has a security system which logs access so he can be sure the contractor didn't come in just before the flood as well....

It's nice to hear some new information about the players!

I like this idea too, but will take it as it happens. I thought Preston was weaker than Pennington last year, and would appear to have less room for improvement. So if Walker can do either just as well, I'd rather see him nail down RG and let Pennington battle Butler for RT.

Not to be cynical, but does anyone else question that the contractor had keys to the house and the most to gain from a flood, and happened to just discover this disaster? I hope Royal has a security system which logs access so he can be sure the contractor didn't come in just before the flood as well....

I think you are looking too much into it.. also did you catch the part that stated royal turned off his water before he left after the season ended.

actually, it's not that uncommon in a newer house. or for wealthy people. i have to laugh though--positioning the story that the poor Louisiana guy wasn't aware it got cold in the winter. did he go to high school? elementay school? did he ever make ice? c'mon...this was pretty dopey.

actually, it's not that uncommon in a newer house. or for wealthy people. i have to laugh though--positioning the story that the poor Louisiana guy wasn't aware it got cold in the winter. did he go to high school? elementay school? did he ever make ice? c'mon...this was pretty dopey.

It wasn't that he didn't know it gets cold here, its that he turned the heat off, which is something alot of homeowners who've lived in thsi area for a while already know, but something a homeowner from the South coming to a cold weather climate might not know.

Its a very common mistake many people make

Seriously, will there be an issue of JP seeing over the 6'8" Walker if he is at Guard?

Seriously, will there be an issue of JP seeing over the 6'8" Walker if he is at Guard?

This will mean that JP and Walker are both upright -- which is a good thing. One thing McNally liked about Walker was his knee bend and solid base--I think we will be okay here--but it may be Butler at RG and Walker at RT. McNally likes Butler because he is nasty. Butler would have been above Pennington on the depth chart last year if not for his shoulder issue from college.

This will mean that JP and Walker are both upright -- which is a good thing. One thing McNally liked about Walker was his knee bend and solid base--I think we will be okay here--but it may be Butler at RG and Walker at RT. McNally likes Butler because he is nasty. Butler would have been above Pennington on the depth chart last year if not for his shoulder issue from college.

Butler can be nasty all he wants, but until he learns not to be a stiff and how to get the concrete out of his cleats he will never see time at this level.