I Hope Clapton Comes to either

Since I'm from rochester i would hope to see eric clapton to come out here and perform that would be something. Id crap my pants if I ever saw clapton here in Rochester, But if he goes to the HSBC this year I will see him there also, I saw him 6 years ago at the HSBC Arena That was a great show, even though I don't get why he played some where over the rainbow as his encore I wish I had know what the deal was with that. But I want to see him again, I know his drummer steve gadds is from pittsford, ny.

Since I'm from rochester i would hope to see eric clapton to come out here and perform that would be something. Id crap my pants if I ever saw clapton here in Rochester, But if he goes to the HSBC this year I will see him there also, I saw him 6 years ago at the HSBC Arena That was a great show, even though I don't get why he played some where over the rainbow as his encore I wish I had know what the deal was with that. But I want to see him again, I know his drummer steve gadds is from pittsford, ny.

Gadd is a hell of a drummer. One of his most famous performances is on the title track of Steely Dan's, Aja.

According go his website, he was born and raised (and now lives) in Rochester, NY:

http://www.drstevegadd.com/history.htm

I'm seeing the Goo Goo Dolls on Tuesday for $15 at St. Bonaventure University. Gonna be a great time.

Gadd is a hell of a drummer. One of his most famous performances is on the title track of Steely Dan's, Aja.

According go his website, he was born and raised (and now lives) in Rochester, NY:

Steve Gadd is an awesome dude. We worked with him a bit on the last P. Simon record.

Eric Clapton on the other hand, I hope he comes to either my house or my favorite hangout so I can punch him in the face. He can take his slick white "blues" and shove it.

Steve Gadd is an awesome dude. We worked with him a bit on the last P. Simon record.

Eric Clapton on the other hand, I hope he comes to either my house or my favorite hangout so I can punch him in the face. He can take his slick white "blues" and shove it.

Big Clapton fan, huh?

Big Clapton fan, huh?

:worthy: you might say that. I have little issue with the Cream records. I take a lot of issue with this idea that he's some sort of statesman of the blues and that he is some sort of descendent of Robert Johnson. And the fact that his lionizing of RJ has basically suppressed the contributions of other great bluesmen to canonize just one. He's a wussy-ass cash cow and any play for blues authenticity on his part is a monumental joke.

:worthy: you might say that. I have little issue with the Cream records. I take a lot of issue with this idea that he's some sort of statesman of the blues and that he is some sort of descendent of Robert Johnson. And the fact that his lionizing of RJ has basically suppressed the contributions of other great bluesmen to canonize just one. He's a wussy-ass cash cow and any play for blues authenticity on his part is a monumental joke.

Blind Faith album is pretty damn good, too.

wasn't he pretty much blatantly obvious wasted during the Simon & Garfunkel in Central Park concert years ago? I seem to recall Joe Piscopo doing a spoof of him, perhaps on SNL

For what it is worth, I saw a program a few months back about the blues. Several African-American bluesmen (e.g., B.B. and Buddy Guy) praised Clapton (and some of the other English musicians from the British invasion) for making the blues popular again and re-introducing it.

Also for what it is worth, I saw Clapton and his band back in October down here in Miami. They were great. Butch Trucks' nephew (Derek Trucks) was in the band. He mostly played the slide and was fantastic. He also has his own band. I understand he plays in Buffalo now and again. If you get a chance to see Clapton or Derek Trucks, I thoroughly recommend both.

For what it is worth, I saw a program a few months back about the blues. Several African-American bluesmen (e.g., B.B. and Buddy Guy) praised Clapton (and some of the other English musicians from the British invasion) for making the blues popular again and re-introducing it.

Also for what it is worth, I saw Clapton and his band back in October down here in Miami. They were great. Butch Trucks' nephew (Derek Trucks) was in the band. He mostly played the slide and was fantastic. He also has his own band. I understand he plays in Buffalo now and again. If you get a chance to see Clapton or Derek Trucks, I thoroughly recommend both.

I saw Derek Trucks Band for free at the canal concert series. Terrific! Outstanding! :w00t: :w00t:

:w00t: you might say that. I have little issue with the Cream records. I take a lot of issue with this idea that he's some sort of statesman of the blues and that he is some sort of descendent of Robert Johnson. And the fact that his lionizing of RJ has basically suppressed the contributions of other great bluesmen to canonize just one. He's a wussy-ass cash cow and any play for blues authenticity on his part is a monumental joke.
Cream Rocked, if it wasn't for the beatles or the stones they would have been the best band of that decade, they split up because of there ego's otherwise they would have been together for a long time, here is some other notable band's clapton has played

The Roosters

The YardBirds twice for the people that didn't know that jimmy page and jeff beck wasn't even around for the first group jeff beck called clapton back up to play with the yard birds again

John Mayall's Blues Band- Thats when he was recognized as God

Cream

BlindFaith

Derek and The Domino's that was a great band didn't work out long because of the death to duane allman, last song duane allman wrote was layla.

and then he did solo works from that point

Here are some albums I have from Clapton

I got Disreali Gear from cream, 461 Ocean Blvd, 24 Nights, Journeymen, Cream of Clapton, Blues, Reptile, Time Pieces vol. 1, Rainbow Concert, Craddle from the Cribs his best blues album, and a couple bootleg clapton cd's when he was with the yard birds

:w00t: you might say that. I have little issue with the Cream records. I take a lot of issue with this idea that he's some sort of statesman of the blues and that he is some sort of descendent of Robert Johnson. And the fact that his lionizing of RJ has basically suppressed the contributions of other great bluesmen to canonize just one. He's a wussy-ass cash cow and any play for blues authenticity on his part is a monumental joke.

And no other band/music artist does this? Got it. :w00t:

clapton didn't just cover robert johnson, he covered willie dixon, t-bone walker, muddy waters and etc. but the best clapton cover of robert johnson is Malted Milk on unplugged oh yeah i got that album to. but clapton wasn't the only person that covered all those bluesman, the allman brothers band, grateful dead, led zeppelin, jimi hendrix, and most of them went to the crossroads, and there is a story ive heard that jimmy page is a devil worshiper and he lives in tresnalvania. here is another person that probably syd barrett went to the cross roads, he came up with the name pink floyd because those were his favorite blues guitarist names pink anderson and floyd smith, so thats how he came up with the name pink floyd

Derek is actually Butch's son and according to the review of Clapton's show at Staples Trucks stole the show.