Greatest All Time : QB's

Graham, Baugh, Tittle? :rolleyes:

Y.A. was one tough little SOB, and a great competitor, but not as great of those already mentioned. On the other hand, if success is the real measure of a QB, then Otto Graham must be a top, if not the top, of all-time. For those not knowing, check out his career stats, wins, championships, etc.

Sammy Baugh was great as well and a two way player if I recall from NFL History pieces....

When I started watching football back in the mid-late 70's Dan Fouts was the best pure passing QB around. Even today I would still put him in my top 5.

Well, if you say pure passer then Fouts, Marino and Namath had the the cannon arms with high accuracy. They were pure passers.

Quarterback means a lot more then pure passer and that is why guys like Bob Griese, Lenny Dawson, and Roger Staubach were great players. They made plays. They stayed cool under pressure. They won big games. Same with Montana and Brady. Kelly, Farve, and Elway of course make the list. You have to have Bradshaw and Unitas in there.

I would say that Peyton Manning fits into both categories. I'm up to 14 now!

Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas, Roger Staubach, Joe Namath, Bob Griese, Joe Montana, Fran Tarkenton, Len Dawson, Bret Favre, Roman Gabriel, Dan Marino, Joe Ferguson, Steve Grogan, Terry Bradshaw.

Gabriel was a so-so qb. Grogan was good but by no means great. Stabler and Ken Anderson blew these guys away to the point that there was no comparison.

There was a guy that almost none of you saw, Bert Jones, who as Alaska Darin said and I quote, "might have been the best ever" had he not been injured.

Bert Jones had an Elway arm with Staubach touch. He was big, and he could run like a deer. He might have been the most gifted qb who ever played.

Is Kelly on your top 10? He's not on most peoples.

These guys are on every list...

Joe Montana

Brett Favre

Johnny Unitas

Dan Marino

Does Manning make your top 10? Brady? Who are the other 6?

1. Dan Marino

2. Peyton Manning

3. Bret Farve

4. Jim Kelly

5. John Elway

6. Warren Moon

7. Steve Young

8. Troy Aikman

9. Joe Montana

10. Tom Brady

I like the Bills as much as you, but you have Kelly WAY too high on that list. Sorry. :rolleyes:

1- john elway- the total package qb, run, throw, tough , greatest come from behind qb of all time. went to 4 superbowls. won 2.

2- tom brady- hate to say it but its true. he can will his team to victory with mediocre weapons, fiery, smart, 3 superbowl victory.

3- dan marino- greatest passer of all time, quickest release, fiery and vocal. rating would be higher if he won the big games.

4- joe montana- joe cool had ice in his veins, smart, can make all the throws, can come from behind, a winner.

5- peyton manning- smartest qb of all time and great passer.

6- brett farve- the ironman of football. greatest improvisor, quick release, nice arm, vocal and fiery. went to 2 superbowls. won 1

7- jim kelly- - toughest SOB that ever played the position( hed get plastered and get right back up) strong arm, fiery and vocal. rating would be in top 3 had it not been for 4 in a row( i dont want to say the words and u know why) , playing in arguably the worst weather in the NFL, and having to give the ball to thurman thomas.

8- john unitas

9- troy aikmen

10- warren moon

Is Kelly on your top 10? He's not on most peoples.

These guys are on every list...

Joe Montana

Brett Favre

Johnny Unitas

Dan Marino

Does Manning make your top 10? Brady? Who are the other 6?

1. Todd Collins

2. Travis Brown

3. Gale Gilbert

4. Billy Joe Hobert

5. Shane Matthews

6. Vince Ferragamo

7. David Dinkins

8. Rob Johnson

9. Brian McClure

10. Tim Hassleback