Got into UB.

BoondckCL

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem now is that the prohibition of these drugs immediately breeds an irresponsible use of them. so to re-legalize them will first be a big problem that will attract over-usage.

it is well known that the reason Cocaine was illegalized was an act against blacks in the south. the illegalization of weed was to go after the mexicans. there was one law that was passed that included 7(maybe 6) drugs. the big ones that are now illegal. the law was first brought up to save people from heroin. Coke and weed were added on last minute by lobbying southern politicians so they could go after minorities. coke was so late, it almost didnt even make it on the list.

ahh, the history channel teaches wonderous things

the problem now is that the prohibition of these drugs immediately breeds an irresponsible use of them.

it is well known that the reason Cocaine was illegalized was an act against blacks in the south. the illegalization of weed was to go after the mexicans. there was one law that was passed that included 7(maybe 6) drugs. the big ones that are now illegal. the law was first brought up to save people from heroin. Coke and weed were added on last minute by lobbying southern politicians so they could go after minorities. coke was so late, it almost didnt even make it on the list.

ahh, the history channel teaches wonderous things

That show isn't accurate, though. The real reason drugs are illegal is because the gubmint hasn't figured out how to tax them.

If the gubmint really cared about people's well-being, alcohol, gambling and tobacco would be verboten.

That show isn't accurate, though. The real reason drugs are illegal is because the gubmint hasn't figured out how to tax them.

If the gubmint really cared about people's well-being, alcohol, gambling and tobacco would be verboten.

Agree, the government does not care about its people, just the votes they provide. If you can get the country to believe that there is a war to fight and you convince them you have a way to win it, you get more votes.

i never said, or meant, racism was the ONLY reason. i agree with you as well.

I decided to attend Nazareth College in 1980 because the school met my three very critical requirements: I could major in English, the ratio of women to men was 10:1, and they accepted my application.

Being academically challenged means never having to set high academic goals.

Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Congratulations, man. Getting that letter is always a great feeling no matter if it is a "safe school" or your dream college. If I could do college over, I wouldn't change much except I'd focus a little more. Very easy to say fck it and skip a few classes (or many as I can atest to), but most of the time, it's not even worth it. I'd never recommend burying yourself completely into your classes, because as others said here, college is a lot about learning how to live. Don't make school work your only priority, but also don't blow it off completely. Just make sure you aren't fcking thing up too bad and take care of business when you need to.

Plus, the best advice I got when I was about to go to school but never followed and wish I had:

If you do choose to do any school work, do it in the afternoon right after class. It's tempting to get back from classes and just do nothing for the rest of the day until nighttime. But if you just get a little bit of stuff done right away, then your whole night is free and you don't have to worry about that sht in the morning or on the weekend. I could never do that because if I didn't procrastinate I wouldn't know what to do with myself. But seriously, it's solid advice. Nothing is worse than telling your boys you can't go out one night because you haven't even started a 15 page paper that is due at 9am. Especially when you could have just knocked that sht out in the afternoon-evening and been straight.

Oh, and I definitely wouldn't downplay the warm weather or college sports angle. I got one at ND, but sorely missed the other. No one likes a week of 25 degrees in early April. :w00t:

Was notified this morning via mail. Holding out for better, but definately a step in the right direction.

Good school, but hopefully with any luck the University of South Carolina, NC State, or Tennessee accept me as a transfer. If I do go to UB it looks like Bills season tickets are in the mix.

Can I assume you are not paying the bills? NYS school vs. out-of-State?

What is COL? How do you fund it?

Cost of Living. I fund it by working my ass off at a night warehouse with the lowest sob's (yes lower than you guys) that anyone could ever come in contact with.

Forgive me if i look to skew the accounting practices somewhat in my favor, since although tuition is more, beer, cigarettes, and general cost of living are cheaper in the southern states.

Cost of Living. I fund it by working my ass off at a night warehouse with the lowest sob's (yes lower than you guys) that anyone could ever come in contact with.

Forgive me if i look to skew the accounting practices somewhat in my favor, since although tuition is more, beer, cigarettes, and general cost of living are cheaper in the southern states.

Warehouse work is honorable work, hard work. Those folks bring goods to market.

Low life, perhaps. But don't judge. Some of them might soar. Given more advantageous circumstance.

Quo Vadis? Always a question...

UB is a fine school. Because of its size, and its status as a State school, you will run into some folks who probably didn't even go to high school and can't read at an 8th grade level. If you are looking to skate through school you also CAN probably do that at UB.

But, you can get a TOP NOTCH education there, undergraduate and graduate. It depends how much you care to put into it. I'm sure the same can be said about the other schools you mentioned.

With that said:

Legalize it - don't criticize it

Legalize it and i will advertise it

Some call it tampee

Some call it the weed

Some call it Marijuana

Some of them call it Ganja

Legalize it - don't criticize it

Legalize it and i will advertise it

Singer smoke it

And players of instruments too

Legalize it, yeah, yeah