Yasmin's post reminded me to tell you...

The Dean

the name is yasin, and steely dan blows, i hate listening to them on the radio,

you might not like steely dan (I know I don't). But they DO NOT blow. in fact, as a band (named for a steam powered dildo in a William Burroughs novel and featured Chevy Chase as the original drummer) they might be the definition of studio meticulousness.

the name is yasin, and steely dan blows, i hate listening to them on the radio,

Sorry 'bout the name screw up, Yasman. (If you read my posts you'll notice I play with all the handles here.)

You have lost ALL credibility with me with re:music if you thing the Dan blows. (Not that you give a rat's ass what I think.)

But, for the record, if what you know of Steely Dan comes from listening to the radio, you don't know squat about Steely Dan. They are not a commercial band and their best stuff never gets radio play. Some of their stuff was played (to death) on the radio, but it's not representative of their overall catalog.

With that said, their radio stuff is, quite clearly, the best stuff on the radio. But, if you listen to the radio, I wouldn't expect you to realize that.

Sorry 'bout the name screw up, Yasman. (If you read my posts you'll notice I play with all the handles here.)

You have lost ALL credibility with me with re:music if you thing the Dan blows. (Not that you give a rat's ass what I think.)

But, for the record, if what you know of Steely Dan comes from listening to the radio, you don't know squat about Steely Dan. They are not a commercial band and their best stuff never gets radio play. Some of their stuff was played (to death) on the radio, but it's not representative of their overall catalog.

With that said, their radio stuff is, quite clearly, the best stuff on the radio. But, if you listen to the radio, I wouldn't expect you to realize that.

Ill learn to work the saxophone,

Ill play just what I feel.

Drink scotch whisky all night long,

And die behind the wheel.

They got a name for the winners in the world,

I want a name when I lose.

They call Alabama the Crimson Tide,

Call me Deacon Blues.

Ill learn to work the saxophone,

Ill play just what I feel.

Drink scotch whisky all night long,

And die behind the wheel.

They got a name for the winners in the world,

I want a name when I lose.

They call Alabama the Crimson Tide,

Call me Deacon Blues.

Sing it, brother.

:lol:

well like thats just your opinion man.