If Peterson and Lynch fall to us at 12

Correction:

You TRADE DOWN to a team desperate for a RB and collect an extra 2nd.

Then draft Willis later in the first.

That desparate team would be the BILLS.

there is no team with less at the RB spot than us.

We could probably give up next year's #1 to move up to take the #12 pick fron us in this year's draft. :devil:

Teflon Tom would jump on this deal.

you take Patrick Willis and let those guys keep falling. cause all that means is more RBs for us to choose from in the 2nd or 3rd!!!

The difference in ability and potential from adrian peterson thru every other rb available including but not limited to the likes of Lynch,Bush,Kenny Irons, Hunt,Pittman,Darrius Walker,Lorenzo Booker etc etc etc is so vast it's not really worth going over. AP is a top tier talent and there is currently no team in more dire need of a rb then us. Id honestly rather have the packers current rb's then the likes of fred jackson and shaud williams. If by some divine intervention/miracle AP is at 12 you pray to whatever it is you worship and you thank them that AP just fell into the Bills laps.

When "Teflon Tom" jumped on that deal in 2001, he parlayed pick #14 into Nate Clements, Travis Henry and Brandon Spoon. Granted Spoon never panned out, Henry and Clements together ended up being way more valuable than a mid first round pick.

Good, starting-caliber running backs CAN BE FOUND after round 1!

Teflon Tom would jump on this deal.

You're not, I think he may have launched himself into the top 10 though. However, I hear the 49ers are smitten with Adam Carriker, which would be good for us. I just pray that Okoye or WIllis is there at 12, Id rather wait on a RB or CB.

You really think Emmitt Smith was all that special? Did you just get off the "terrell davis is a hall of famer" bus by any chance?

ES was VERY VERY GOOD, he was not what I call a "herschel walker player"(meaning a guy I would pull the trigger on the HW trade for). ES benefitted from a variety of things, namely: top shelf QB, one of the best Olines of all time, and most notably he was lucky enough to stay healthy for the most part. When Emmitt broke the record a few years ago, I dont know if Ive ever been sick of a word grouping(besides "tedy bruschi") more than, "is emmitt the best ever": not even close.

The guy ran for the most yards in league history. I dont know what your definition of "special" is but for me that stat pretty much sums it up for a RB in any era.

If we don't get a back this year we need to figure out how to get McFadden from Ark. next year.

Have we stumbled upon Marv & crew's hidden agenda for all the cuts and trades?

Have we stumbled upon Marv & crew's hidden agenda for all the cuts and trades?

ive thought about that a couple of times. with no major UFAs next year, we are looking at being in position to THEN build to the next level by having all our role-players locked down. we will have a strong, solid base. we will have a QB/WR tandem just entering their prime, a good line, a rebuilt young, explosive defense, still the best special teams out there... THEN we go get our new BIG NAMES. and just keep on building.

Marv and Co. have this team on track to be a competitor for years to come, not just next season.

Willis is my number two preference behind Okoye as well. You have to be strong in the middle for the cover 2 to be successful.

AGAIN, we are NOT taking Okoye. He plays the SAME position as Tripplett and McCargo. It would essentially be a wasted pick unless we have no plans for Triplett. Patrick Willis is the best option on defense.

AGAIN, we are NOT taking Okoye. He plays the SAME position as Tripplett and McCargo. It would essentially be a wasted pick unless we have no plans for Triplett. Patrick Willis is the best option on defense.

I think Tripplett is better suited as a "wave" player like he was in Indy.

Not to mention that Okoye is only 19 and weighs in at 302 lbs. You don't think the talent and potential gap between Tripplett and Okoye is great enough to make this pick?

Also, a dominating D-line will always help to minimize the deficiencies of the back 7.