Devils/Sabres

RU5781

They will see each other in the Eastern Conference Championship...

Few points:

-Was it just me, or did Peters totally give up in his fight with Jannsen (the Devs announcers made that statement too)?

-The Devs seem to have the Sabres number!!

:blink::oops::o

-Was it just me, or did Peters totally give up in his fight with Jannsen (the Devs announcers made that statement too)?

It was just you (and the Devs announcers). Neither one of them did much of anything. Like watching ICE and BF in an intellectual grudge match...

They will see each other in the Eastern Conference Championship...

Few points:

-The Devs seem to have the Sabres number!!

:blink::oops::o

I'm not that worried about NJ (in that I don't think they have our number). Now that the adrenaline has ran out for our Amerk players, I think we're seeing the mini-slump we all thought we'd see when our big boys went down. There were a quite a few times during that game where I said "if that was Max" or "If that was Timmy." These guys deserve nothing but praise, but the reaction to the "trap teams" over the past week doesn't so much surprise me.

I think they've got the overall plan right, knock it in and knock it in hard. The forwards gain posession using their speed. Just a matter of getting the top folks back now, IMO.

Jeff

It was just you (and the Devs announcers). Neither one of them did much of anything. Like watching ICE and BF in an intellectual grudge match...

Peters is so much bigger than Janssen, he SHOULD have been able to kick the crap out of him.

Janssen caught him with a nice hook to the face, and Peters just kind of went limp after that.

Peters is so much bigger than Janssen, he SHOULD have been able to kick the crap out of him.

Janssen caught him with a nice hook to the face, and Peters just kind of went limp after that.

They both looked disinterested. After the first thirty seconds of "I lead, you lead", the rest of the world was disinterested too. It was weak and pathetic, like a guy who was coming off an injury and a guy coming off a suspension trying to prove they were no longer injured and suspended. Which, not coincidentally, is exactly what it was.

But keep trying to tell yourself that Janssen won a real fight. It won't make your car any less gay. :blink:

They both looked disinterested. After the first thirty seconds of "I lead, you lead", the rest of the world was disinterested too. It was weak and pathetic, like a guy who was coming off an injury and a guy coming off a suspension trying to prove they were no longer injured and suspended. Which, not coincidentally, is exactly what it was.

But keep trying to tell yourself that Janssen won a real fight. It won't make your car any less gay. :blink:

:oops:

I'm not that worried about NJ (in that I don't think they have our number).

I am a little worried. The NHL has regressed, the last few months, to the style of hockey that the Devils have been known for over the last decade, and made it possible for the Flyers to be a playoff participant year after year. I am not inferring that the Sabres are "soft"...just that playing this physical style takes them out of the game they play best.

I realize the Sabres are badly outmanned right now with all of the injuries, but, for whatever reason, it just doesn't seem like the Sabres can figure them out, no matter who is on the ice. It was much the same when we played them back in January. The Sabres were in a slump, they played hard against NJ, but just could not get the upper edge on them. Broudour is still amazing after all of these years.

All and all, a very disappointing three game home stand for the Sabres. I honestly thought they might lose one or two of them, but all three? They were lethargic much of the games against Colorado and Minnesota. They lost tonight, to the Devils, not for lack of effort...it has nothing to do with NJ "having our number", you are right. It has more to do with the Sabres, as they are right now, just are not as good a team, when playing this style of hockey. They are going to have to figure it out, if they want to win the Cup. The teams in the west are playing some very good, physical hockey.

I am a little worried. The NHL has regressed, the last few months, to the style of hockey that the Devils have been known for over the last decade, and made it possible for the Flyers to be a playoff participant year after year. I am not inferring that the Sabres are "soft"...just that playing this physical style takes them out of the game they play best.

I realize the Sabres are badly outmanned right now with all of the injuries, but, for whatever reason, it just doesn't seem like the Sabres can figure them out, no matter who is on the ice. It was much the same when we played them back in January. The Sabres were in a slump, they played hard against NJ, but just could not get the upper edge on them. Broudour is still amazing after all of these years.

All and all, a very disappointing three game home stand for the Sabres. I honestly thought they might lose one or two of them, but all three? They were lethargic much of the games against Colorado and Minnesota. They lost tonight, to the Devils, not for lack of effort...it has nothing to do with NJ "having our number", you are right. It has more to do with the Sabres, as they are right now, just are not as good a team, when playing this style of hockey. They are going to have to figure it out, if they want to win the Cup. The teams in the west are playing some very good, physical hockey.

What we need is our injured players back.

Afinogenov, Spacek and Kotalik. However they are all out until very late march or early April. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: We might get the #2 seed now. NJ is just too good.

The Devils play boring hockey... And at this rate without somekind of "illegal D" rule and or proper enforcement of the "new" rules... Hockey will resemble soccer... Which to many is like watching paint dry...

As much as I hate witnessing the Sabres last three shorthanded goals against them... The Sabre system makes the game exciting...

Fans want the Sabre style of play... Not boring "trap down", clutch and grab endeavors...

Hockey will gain spectators if it isn't boring...

Maybe that is the reason why Devil fans won't show up for home games? Too boring!

The Devils play boring hockey... And at this rate without somekind of "illegal D" rule and or proper enforcement of the "new" rules... Hockey will resemble soccer... Which to many is like watching paint dry...

As much as I hate witnessing the Sabres last three shorthanded goals against them... The Sabre system makes the game exciting...

Fans want the Sabre style of play... Not boring "trap down", clutch and grab endeavors...

Hockey will gain spectators if it isn't boring...

Maybe that is the reason why Devil fans won't show up for home games? Too boring!

Wahhhhh! Wahhhh!

Give me a break...Illegal hockey? :blink:

I totally agree.

IMO, the way the Devils and other's play denegrate the game down to a 50/50 chance... And don't get me wrong that is okay... But, even from the past... It doesn't bring these types of teams the Cup... UNLESS, a guy like Brodeur gets hot... What does he have 11 shutouts this season vs. Miller's 1... And the Devils still trail the Sabres by 1 pt. with having played one extra game! That says everything!

That's just flat out boring and dengrates the game into a crap shoot... People won't flock to see that, especially in the US... It is so melodramatic at the very best... Playoffs come along and you see nothing but one point games that could have easily gone either way... You are either left feeling gyped or elated... It has nothing to do with the best or most talented, inovated, etc... team.

Heck, the Flyers (same for the Sens... And the 'Canes actually accomplished it) could have bounced the Sabres last year if not for a few unlucky situations... True, I wouldn't have liked it... Why do we even play a regular season, playoffs?... Why not just go back to the very, very old days and just have "clubs"...