The Willis trade made it all clear

too powerful agents. Agents that have player lists that are lengthy and touch the top players on every team are someone to be very concerned with, especially the small markets. Even worse is when the agent is greedy, is morally currupt, very divisive and on a power trip. Sound like anyone you know?

Rosencrook manipulated and decieved the Bills from the day of the draft with his phony calls to Willis. I also feel he had a negative influence on a guy who is not very intelligent and followed Drew's advice on how to get out of Buffalo by: practiceing at the U, demanding new contract, Toranto story, and poor intensity because he was saving himself for the next out of Buffalo contract. Do you really think that Willis could have put that all together? Both are ingrates!

I am now fearfull that the NFL and small market teams who cannot provide the endorsements, nightlife, model mommas and money will be at an even greater disadvantage. These low life agents can now stir the pot more than we know. I wonder if the NFL is monitoring the fact that an agent with multiple players on different teams can conspire to create opportunities for agents to cash in on. They get their players to hold out, demand new contracts while not honoring their current one or trades. I know that is done all the time in the NFL but when an agent contriols many players, they can orchestrate and manipulate crisises that create turmoil and monetary strife that small market teams cannot deal with and ultimately succumb.

The true colors of Rosencrook and what power he has is scary. Then there is the draft coming up and I will bet that half the first rounders will be represented by this manipulator. If I see that smerk or lieing face representing one or more of our choices I will puke. Suffice to say, this guy is a cancer and will not bode well for the NFL. He gave Buffalo the shaft and I hope Marv is wise enough to avoid players that he represents. I hope that guys with character will avoid him also so that he doesn't influence who we select.

Dude... lighten up. There is no conspiracy. Willis flat out sucked! That's why he got traded... PERIOD.

I defy anyone to covinc me this bum is an impact player to any degree.

What's his game? Power? speed? elusiveness? savvy? intangibles? leadership? stamina?

He's got none of these.

This is my first post and I am real excited to be conversing with fellow Bills fans. I was going to start out low key,but after hearing the rant about Rosenhaus I am jumping right in full bore. To blame Drew R. for the Willis situation is just ridiculous. It is an agents job to get the best deal possible for each and every one of his clients. This is a business plain and simple. Rosenhaus did not manipulate the trade of Willis. If the Bills had wanted to keep Willis they would have given him a substantial contract extension.

But the truth of the matter is that Willis just didn't get the job done. Take out the two games against the Jets and Willis ran for approximately 720 yards in the 11 other games he played the majority of snaps in. (he was injured early against Green Bay, and missed the Indy and Houston games) That comes out to about 65 yards per game. Not exactly game changing numbers. The man epitomizes mediocrity. And you had better believe regardless of who Willis' agent is, the Bills are not going to give a big contract to a mediocre player who just doesn't care. We are much better off without him, and now we have three extra draft picks to boot. Marv was very shrewd in trading a player they really did not want for very good value.

Rosenhaus had nothing to do with that. In fact, I think the Bills would have no problem dealing with Drew if they wanted to sign any of his other players. I don't sense any animosity between Rosenhaus and the Bills. If anything you have to give Drew credit for getting the Ravens to pay out such a contract to a very overrated player who has no heart.

I'm not defending Rosenhaus but the guy did what he was hired for. Could it be that McGahee is just an underperforming, ignorant, ego tripping kid who went from rags to riches all while being one of the bigger stars on his team? When he didn't provide the leadership or results, what did you expect him to say or do? Did anyone really expect him to be a standup guy and take accountability? We are not dealing with someone with character, he's just an athlete who has some ability. It wasn't Rosenhaus who pumped all those women and got them pregnant. That shows you something right there. Once could be unintentional, accident, or mistake, whatever you want to call it. He did it THREE times! Classic example of not accepting responsibility. He doesn't care, in his mind peanut mind, he's on top of the world. Nope, McGahee is just a little, immature idiot who may or may not grow out of it. Hopefully for his sake he'll grow up and be an adult.

I'm not defending Rosenhaus but the guy did what he was hired for.

Rosenhaus has been pretty good for Buffalo, if my memory serves. He has delivered players on time and at pretty much the right price despite his entertaining antics other places (anyone remember Warren Sapp's draft day drug fiasco ?).

The Bills could have extended McGahee at the not unreasonable price Baltimore paid. Just didn't want to.

too powerful agents. Agents that have player lists that are lengthy and touch the top players on every team are someone to be very concerned with, especially the small markets. Even worse is when the agent is greedy, is morally currupt, very divisive and on a power trip. Sound like anyone you know?

Rosencrook manipulated and decieved the Bills from the day of the draft with his phony calls to Willis. I also feel he had a negative influence on a guy who is not very intelligent and followed Drew's advice on how to get out of Buffalo by: practiceing at the U, demanding new contract, Toranto story, and poor intensity because he was saving himself for the next out of Buffalo contract. Do you really think that Willis could have put that all together? Both are ingrates!

I am now fearfull that the NFL and small market teams who cannot provide the endorsements, nightlife, model mommas and money will be at an even greater disadvantage. These low life agents can now stir the pot more than we know. I wonder if the NFL is monitoring the fact that an agent with multiple players on different teams can conspire to create opportunities for agents to cash in on. They get their players to hold out, demand new contracts while not honoring their current one or trades. I know that is done all the time in the NFL but when an agent contriols many players, they can orchestrate and manipulate crisises that create turmoil and monetary strife that small market teams cannot deal with and ultimately succumb.

The true colors of Rosencrook and what power he has is scary. Then there is the draft coming up and I will bet that half the first rounders will be represented by this manipulator. If I see that smerk or lieing face representing one or more of our choices I will puke. Suffice to say, this guy is a cancer and will not bode well for the NFL. He gave Buffalo the shaft and I hope Marv is wise enough to avoid players that he represents. I hope that guys with character will avoid him also so that he doesn't influence who we select.

What in hell are you talking about?

Dude... lighten up. There is no conspiracy. Willis flat out sucked! That's why he got traded... PERIOD.

I defy anyone to covinc me this bum is an impact player to any degree.

What's his game? Power? speed? elusiveness? savvy? intangibles? leadership? stamina?

He's got none of these.

Got a funny feeling that you will eat those words.....

I hear and feel your passion on this. But he's just doing his job. His primary role is to maximize the self-interest of his players. Are his tactics aggessive? Yeah. Do they work? Perhaps. Sometimes. Sometimes a lot. If he wasn't maximizing his players' best interests, he wouldn't continue to be hired by his existing client roster and future roster of clients.

I'm glad that folks seem to have the correct cut on this that it is the player who signs the contract and is ultimately in control and the agent is simply that, an agent in the employ of the player. I think many folks have gotten carried away in things after seeing the movie Jerry Maguire and some how thinking this is real life.

Even though clearly some agents (like some people) are jerks, it ultimately is a statement about the player because he hired a jerk to be his agent. T.O. is T.O. because he is T.O. and not because Rosenidiot is his agent. Same with McGahee, WM made the stupid Baby Momma comment on Steven Smith's show and not Rosenfool. He ain't misunderstood and his decisions are about him.

Besides, even though the NFL owners ran kicking and screaming from the free market when the NFLPA threatened to decertify itself, one place where the free market is used heavily and appears to be working in the NFL is the hiring of agents. An agent who actually does develop a rep as a Svengali who manipulates players and controls them is likely to get frozen out by the boys turned adults known as athletes. These legends in their own mind always wanna feel they are in charge and unless an agent is appropriately subservient when it comes to hiring time, he is quite likely to be passed over for employ by many athletes.

This is my first post and I am real excited to be conversing with fellow Bills fans. I was going to start out low key,but after hearing the rant about Rosenhaus I am jumping right in full bore. To blame Drew R. for the Willis situation is just ridiculous. It is an agents job to get the best deal possible for each and every one of his clients. This is a business plain and simple. Rosenhaus did not manipulate the trade of Willis. If the Bills had wanted to keep Willis they would have given him a substantial contract extension.

But the truth of the matter is that Willis just didn't get the job done. Take out the two games against the Jets and Willis ran for approximately 720 yards in the 11 other games he played the majority of snaps in. (he was injured early against Green Bay, and missed the Indy and Houston games) That comes out to about 65 yards per game. Not exactly game changing numbers. The man epitomizes mediocrity. And you had better believe regardless of who Willis' agent is, the Bills are not going to give a big contract to a mediocre player who just doesn't care. We are much better off without him, and now we have three extra draft picks to boot. Marv was very shrewd in trading a player they really did not want for very good value.

Rosenhaus had nothing to do with that. In fact, I think the Bills would have no problem dealing with Drew if they wanted to sign any of his other players. I don't sense any animosity between Rosenhaus and the Bills. If anything you have to give Drew credit for getting the Ravens to pay out such a contract to a very overrated player who has no heart.

For someone making their first post, that was a really good point. Welcome to the board

That should've been McGahee's nickname last season since it's what he reminded me of when he ran with the football.

Alright, let's break one of your ribs, suit you up, then have you play a NFL game. IF you don't hit the holes hard we get to call you a kitty.

Or, let's destroy your knee then watch you try and rehab it. I bet you would probably never walk again let alone play NFL football again.

!@#$ing morons on here sometimes I swear.

Call McGahee an idiot, or even overrated, or an !@#$ - but the guy obviously isn't a kitty.

Got a funny feeling that you will eat those words.....

"FEELINGS" are based on emmotion... and they change with the wind, sun, moon, stars, and whateveer yanks your chain. "FACTS" don't change, Willis won't either. He is what he is. A leopard can't change it's spots. You're fanatasizing, I'm keeping it "REAL".

Alright, let's break one of your ribs, suit you up, then have you play a NFL game. IF you don't hit the holes hard we get to call you a kitty.

Or, let's destroy your knee then watch you try and rehab it. I bet you would probably never walk again let alone play NFL football again.

!@#$ing morons on here sometimes I swear.

Call McGahee an idiot, or even overrated, or an !@#$ - but the guy obviously isn't a kitty.

McGahee's ran like a kitty last season. He ran like a kitty before the rib injury breaking the 100 yard mark only once and he ran like a kitty against Baltimore in the last game of the season. I'm damn tired hearing about that knee injury, if he can't get the job done and run with intestinal fortitude like he did in 2004 then maybe he should retire. By the way, I was saying this BEFORE he made his dumbass Toronto comments...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=57990&hl=

The guy acted like a little child who held his breath until the team had to give in and give him the candy bar he wanted (his ticket out of Buffalo). He then said that his ex-teamates did not have a winning attitude, the same teamates who were THERE during the off season training sessions that he SKIPPED. He didn't stop there, he then had the audacity to disparage JP and the offensive line as to the reason he failed to gain 1000 yards.

McGahee = kitty.

You all must be too young (dude) or nieve to see what a manipulator Rosencrook is. Agree his job is to get the best deal for his client. Once a contract is in place, go on to the next guy, not wait for an opportunity and renegotiate all client contracts, which by the way gets him more money too. Look at what has happened to guys like Thomas in Chicago, TO in Philly and Willis here. Get real, they all had contracts and Rosencrook put a little bug in their ear..... Get dissed, mad at the team or want to play elsewhere and I'll get you out and more money. Sure players want to sign with because by hook or crook, whether you perform or not, Drew will squeeze every drop of blood from the franchise.

I will venture a guess that if Marv can avoid this low character guy in the future, he will. He hood winked TD and others but will not Marv.

You all must be too young (dude) or nieve to see what a manipulator Rosencrook is. Agree his job is to get the best deal for his client. Once a contract is in place, go on to the next guy, not wait for an opportunity and renegotiate all client contracts, which by the way gets him more money too. Look at what has happened to guys like Thomas in Chicago, TO in Philly and Willis here. Get real, they all had contracts and Rosencrook put a little bug in their ear..... Get dissed, mad at the team or want to play elsewhere and I'll get you out and more money. Sure players want to sign with because by hook or crook, whether you perform or not, Drew will squeeze every drop of blood from the franchise.

I will venture a guess that if Marv can avoid this low character guy in the future, he will. He hood winked TD and others but will not Marv.

This guy is hilarious.. OK OK, the next topic I want you to talk about is the conspiracy of the Bills having a poor offensive line year after year and missing the playoffs for nearly a decade. Alright..... GO!

Well, I'm 50 and I'm pretty sure Pyrite Gal is no spring chicken. Honestly, I think you're the naive one here (I'm assuming you aren't simply anti-Semitic).

This reply got on the wrong topic. I was angry from the bull response from another poster.

I resent your accusation. I am all for the chosen people and this has nothing to do with it. Could care less what his name or ethinicity is. Sounds a little like you think of the worst, talk about complex.

I have always tried to be courtious and respectful on this board but bringing up items like that is disrespectful.

As a born, raised ( in the city, not the outskirts ) and educated Buffaloian who has watched the Bills from the start, through the tough times and the good times and know a little about my home town Bills. Just because you post more doesn't mean people with less posts or out of town log in names is less knowledgeable or loyal.

I'm OK with disagreement but don't call someone who thinks differently names or things you know nothing about. Show a little respect because I do and will continue to do so.

I know what I will get from some but I would hope there is more class on this board. Thanks

This reply got on the wrong topic. I was angry from the bull response from another poster.

I resent your accusation. I am all for the chosen people and this has nothing to do with it. Could care less what his name or ethinicity is. Sounds a little like you think of the worst, talk about complex.

I have always tried to be courtious and respectful on this board but bringing up items like that is disrespectful.

As a born, raised ( in the city, not the outskirts ) and educated Buffaloian who has watched the Bills from the start, through the tough times and the good times and know a little about my home town Bills. Just because you post more doesn't mean people with less posts or out of town log in names is less knowledgeable or loyal.

I'm OK with disagreement but don't call someone who thinks differently names or things you know nothing about. Show a little respect because I do and will continue to do so.

I know what I will get from some but I would hope there is more class on this board. Thanks

You seem a little testy. Perhaps you should re-read my post. I wrote: I'm assuming you aren't simply anti-Semitic. I made the assumption ethnicity had nothing to do with your take.

McGahee's ran like a kitty last season. He ran like a kitty before the rib injury breaking the 100 yard mark only once and he ran like a kitty against Baltimore in the last game of the season. I'm damn tired hearing about that knee injury, if he can't get the job done and run with intestinal fortitude like he did in 2004 then maybe he should retire. By the way, I was saying this BEFORE he made his dumbass Toronto comments...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=57990&hl=

The guy acted like a little child who held his breath until the team had to give in and give him the candy bar he wanted (his ticket out of Buffalo). He then said that his ex-teamates did not have a winning attitude, the same teamates who were THERE during the off season training sessions that he SKIPPED. He didn't stop there, he then had the audacity to disparage JP and the offensive line as to the reason he failed to gain 1000 yards.

McGahee = kitty.

And you're still crying about him.

By my book, that means you = kitty.

See how easy it is to throw that sort of accusation around?

The thing is, I know McGahee has played in the NFL. I don't care who you are, you can't be a kitty and play RB in the NFL. You, on the other hand, throw around words like "kitty" on the internet.

I think, choosing between you and Willis, I'd put more money on you being a kitty.

Sorry, that's just how I see it.

And that's not an insult, I know Willis is tougher than I am. That knee injury would have kicked my ass and I'm not afraid to admit it.