I have to ask this MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION!

How in the hell is this team going to market itself this year? This is clearly going to be a LONG season for this team and the fans.....

Blackouts? Im sure 5 of the 8 games...

Great site here! Posting on ESPN for many years gets old......

How in the hell is this team going to market itself this year? This is clearly going to be a LONG season for this team and the fans.....

This might not be the best way to get your posting career off at The Stadium Wall ! We dont take kindly to chicken little's around here ! Marv's is making positive moves, there will be renewed interest in the Bills ! Especially after the draft and the new OL ! Good things man ! Dont be so negative !

I'm sorry but this actualy a fairly good question. How does a team devoid of any star quality players outside of save Lee Evans market itself to the casual football fan who make up the majority of people who buy tickets? Yeah you'll have the die hards and football observers who realize they're heading in a positive direction and improving or at least trying to improve the offensive line. Outside of that though where is the marketability?

Trey Wingo, is that you?

I'm sorry but this actualy a fairly good question. How does a team devoid of any star quality players outside of save Lee Evans market itself to the casual football fan who make up the majority of people who buy tickets? Yeah you'll have the die hards and football observers who realize they're heading in a positive direction and improving or at least trying to improve the offensive line. Outside of that though where is the marketability?

The marketability is the teams improving record and new players. Of course the Bills are in a small market and always will be. The key is for them to do good and let word of mouth do the rest. The Bills have more fans than just in Buffalo. As for most of the marketing it will come from the die hard Bills fans and hey, I paid and watched them go through losing four superbowls, and I'll pay and watch em tomorrow as well, win or lose! Go Bills, Go Fans, Go Buffalo!

Luckily, unlike cities like Boston and Atlanta, the population is made up of mostly football die-hards that understand what the team is doing.

if anything, this team is MORE marketable to long-time Bills fans.

even right now, after just going thru the free agency period we did, and before the draft, the team is more back on track to being a winner than it has in the past decade.

ill give the people of WNY the credit that they understand what is going on. i dont take this "retard rodeo", as its so lovingly known, to be a true representation of bills fans.

my entire family have been ticket holders for years and had held off renewing our leases this year. my father even told the guy from the Bills, who called a couple weeks ago to see why we hadnt renewed yet, that he was waiting to see where Ralph and Marv were taking this team before giving any more money...

he renewed yesterday morning right before the trade was announced. the whole family did. it might not be immediate, but the Bills are coming back. and those fans that have been there, will still be there.

I'm sorry but this actualy a fairly good question. How does a team devoid of any star quality players outside of save Lee Evans market itself to the casual football fan who make up the majority of people who buy tickets?

By winning, which is what the team is attempting to gear up to do. You don't need big names. You need Ws.

They are gonna be better this year.

The offense is gonna be fun to watch. They have JP and Evans. JP is a rising star. There will be plenty of preseason talk about him in the national media (when they bother to talk about the Bills), with alot of big plays from last year being shown in the background.

A few weeks into the season everyone in Buffalo will be excited and it will be fine.

Bring on the panic about the defense. London fletcher wasn't that good and Nate will be missed, but some of the other guys will be better too. Whitner, Simpson, Williams, and McCargo will have a season under their belts, I don't think they will be worse.

The defense wasn't that great last year, and I expect it to be about the same this season. But the offense will be waaayy better.

By winning, which is what the team is attempting to gear up to do. You don't need big names. You need Ws.

Oh I agree. I was thinking more from the perspective of Average Joe Blow casual fan will see fletcher nate and willis are gone and go "wow they got rid of these big names" and not bother shelling out money for tickets. Winning cures all though and that's A OK by me :lol:

Yes...getting rid of a guy who basically publicly trashed the city and now is trashing the team usually hurts the box office.

The Bills are reapportioning how they spend their money--focusing on getting better at the OL, which one could argue improves us in a lot of ways.

They have an emerging QB with a quirky and unique personality; and up and coming WR; a great young pair of playmaking safeties and an all pro sackmaster upon which to build -- and they have a lot of good young talent--Crowell, McGee, Kyle Williams, Ellison, Kelsay, Denney--there is a plan here, one which doesn't inlcude investing in:

1) A RB who simply did not want to be here--he may be excellent in his new locale but never would have acheived to his full potential in Buffalo

2) A really good CB who they helped hit free agency in the right year so he was out of their price range

3) A 32 year old MLB who simply got engulfed on many running plays last year (if you don't believe me watch the film)

I think most Bills fans are smart enough to see the semblance of a plan forming...I have heard more complaints about the OL in the last 7 years than any position on the team--we finally have a staff that is doing something about it..Consistent W's will draw the crowds but I think most folks see the plan.

This might not be the best way to get your posting career off at The Stadium Wall ! We dont take kindly to chicken little's around here ! Marv's is making positive moves, there will be renewed interest in the Bills ! Especially after the draft and the new OL ! Good things man ! Dont be so negative !

So whats the renewed interest? This same thing has been going on for about 10 years now...