Donnahoe should be let go

ASCI

Why is everyone down on that first round pick next year? We got Losman, that's what we needed. Just from what we've seen of him, he's going to be good, but at least let him play a bit before you start saying it was a bad move.

Blessing in disguise. Those high picks suck up a lot of cash and rarely live up to it. With the money we would have spent on that high draft pick, we should be able to get 2-3 decent FA's.

No crying here for not having a high draft pick next year.

66626[/snapback]

In theory, you're right. Problem is, we'll probably go through another offseason of not addressing the offensive line with any quality help and nothing will change. I would love to be proven wrong on this one though.

can you let the kid play a down first?

66535[/snapback]

I'm dying to see how good of a QB Losman will be, but hopefull as I may be I do have to remember that the current Bills regime has failed terribly at talent evaluation in the past few years. At this point everyone is pinning all their hopes on the Bills getting better via Losman, Evans and McGahee, but what happens if they join a long line of guys who are more hype than substance? I don't want these guys to be busts, but I don't think anyone's preparing for that possibility and that scares me.

Why is everyone down on that first round pick next year?  We got Losman, that's what we needed. 

66588[/snapback]

Agree 100%. We need a better line, but a young QB was the priority and I think/hope we got a good one. Also agree that I'd rather pick up an experienced lineman through free agency than a hit or miss, wait to develop, draft pick.

Agree 100%.  We need a better line, but a young QB was the priority and I think/hope we got a good one.  Also agree that I'd rather pick up an experienced lineman through free agency than a hit or miss, wait to develop, draft pick.

66651[/snapback]

Well, in terms of the LT position, the draft seems like the way to go, and these guys are grabbed immediately on draft day. Jones, Anderson, McKinnie, Pace and Ogden were all drafted by their respective teams, as were most other top LTs.

The only exception that I know of was Roaf who was traded, but as I vaguely recall, there was some sort of personal problem. I mention this position specifically because Jennings has stated that he wants out.

I am all for OL help in free agency, and have been for years, but again, it might be tough to impossible to get a quality LT as a free agent. This is why I was hoping so that TD would take McKinnie instead of a RT at #4. :ph34r:

Hmmm. A top three pick will demand a ton of money, is likely to hold out, and most likely will not play up to expectations.

Draft choices are a crap shoot. The core of almost all Super Bowl teams on the past handful of years were built through FA. I would rather pay top three $ to a FA or a and existing team veteran which has known skills.

In that context, TD should be appauded for giving all those headaches to the Cowboys.

I'd trade every draft pick for proven players. The draft is over-rated.

66692[/snapback]

Great teams draft well in the lower rounds (rounds 2-4). The draft is a crap shoot, and some teams trade their draft picks away (New Orleans and Washington come to mind). The teams that have draft picks, and many of them win (look at the Pats).

The draft is where you fill holes...free agency is where you get depth. We did it backwards.