ESPN Overnight Guy...

Why trade an RB only a few years in for draft picks?

When his worst year still almost got him 1000 yards?

When the Bills were poised for bigger and better things?

Now, that guy (Jason whats-his-name) says his Jets could wind up 5-1 in the division next year because they will sweep the Dolphins and Bills.

I say, keep dreaming. :lol:

We all knew this was happening...that Willis was gone. Better to get something now for him instead of letting him walk away for nothing at the end of this year. But, I'm not looking forward to the Browns playing him twice a year.

Oh, and this ESPN guy also said WM's Toronto Bills comment was taken too seriously by an overly sensitive city of Buffalo.

Memo to Willis...don't let the door hit you on the @$$ on the way out of town. And you might want to pick up some prophylactics at the Seneca Nation convenience store on your way to Baltimore. I hear that town's the STD capital of the world.

I heard the same question (Why?) from Mike Golic this morning on ESPN Radio.

He even said, get this, "McGahee has breakaway speed". Other than one run against the Jets last year in the Meadowlands, I can't recall any other instance of "breakaway speed".

McGahee was slow to the hole and seldom pulled away from anyone except big , fat linemen.

He couldn't block, he didn't know the playbook, occasionally forgot what the down and circumstances were, was often off the field with a "boo-boo", and for the life of me I never noticed a dropoff in our run game when A-Train came in.

good riddance.

-RnJ

It all depends on how we replace Willis...

The real question they should be asking is why did we take a BROKEN Willis when we already had a 1,200 yard back on our roster? Obviously Travis is *still* good enough for the Broncos and probably would have had a nice career here. Hell, at least he was a Bills fan!

All in all I think the deal will work our for both Buffalo and Baltimore. It's sure been a fun off-season if nothing else...

By the way that guy is a Jets fan(from Syracuse - what a tool - like the one guy in high school who was Dolphin fan to get attention). I'm sure that didn't factor into his comments. :lol:

I heard that and he offered nothing of substance other than saying how we as fans should be bewildered - and then went on to decry a bunch of Donahoe moves. Thanks Jason, for once more telling us the obvious - Donahoe sucks - perhaps that's why he can't get a job in the NFL? Genius insight.

I was close to emailing him and asking him if he was bewildered when JP threw a 40 yard TD at their place on 3rd and 2 last game.

the day i start listening to Mike Golic is the day I go down a notch on the smartness latter.

Synopsis of Mike and Mike show: Greenie comes up with a ridiculous premise and then they debate it for an hour and a half. Watching grass grow is a more useful endeavor than listening to those two.

Willis and his agents were million dollar demands with thousand dollar talents. If they had TO's talent, it might be worth putting up with them, but he is not pro bowl material, at least not yet. We've lost three "marquis" players in Clements (where we had no choice as he was legitimately a break the bank guy who had to go to a team that played a defense to maximize his talent.) Fletcher (who is good, but probably on the downside and Crowell is probably good to go at the middle.) and now Willis who is pretty darn replaceable.

On the plus side we have the makings of a very impressive offensive line, we have a potentially great qb and a for sure great number one receiver. We have a lot of interesting draft picks to solidify the d-line. I listened to Jauron on Sirius yesterday and he seems to think it will Jabari Greer (a UT grad!) taking Clements place. Give us a good solid front seven and we take pressure off the corners. Give us a great offensive line and we keep the offense on the field for more than 20 minutes a game. I'm very happy with the way things are going and don't give a hoot about what the pundits think.

When all is said and done the proof is in the pudding. Let's see how we do next year. I think we'll be improved.

This is easy to figure out: The national media watches a lot of University of Miami games. They watch no Bills games. That's why they don't know anythign about Willis McGahee.

Yup, they're still looking at his college highlights. In the end the Bills did not want him. That is a clear message in all of this. One can only conclude that the rumors of poor preparation, inconsistent effort and a failure on his part to address those concerns lead to the end in Buffalo.