Could Peterson Fall to 12?

I know, I know...no chance you say...but hear me out here.

1 - Oakland - All reports say Jamarcus Russell. Quinn, and CJ are possibilities.

2 - Cleveland. Possible. But they just signed Jamal Lewis. Quinn is a possibility, as is Joe Thomas.

3 - Detroit - With Jones and Bell, doubtful they will take Peterson

4 - Tampa - Wont spend another top pick on a RB when they have Caddilac

5 - Arizona - Edge.

6 - Washington - Portis

7 - Minnesota - Too many needs, and upgrading the RB position isnt one of them.

8 - Houston - Very possible, but they just signed Green, also have Davis/Williams and Gado...

9 - Miami - Brown/Wililams

10-Atlanta - Dunn/Norwood

11 - San Fran - Gore

12- Buffalo

So, really the only teams above us that look like they need a RB are Cleveland, Detroit and Houston. Its very probably that Cleveland and Detroit will take Quinn and Joe Thomas (if not Calvin Johnson), leaving Houston as the only other possibility.

I find it hard to believe he will get by houston, but I could see houston taking Ginn Jr, Branch, or Quinn (if he falls...doubtful).

Perhaps someone trades up for him, but I am always suprised by how few trades there are at the top of the draft board.

Thoughts?

I tried playing this game last year hoping/pretending Mario Williams would fall to #8. It is fun, but will never leave the forum. If we draft Peterson it will be trading up. Zero percent chance he drops to #12 without an injury or arrest.

first week of march last year, who said that Matt Leinhert would go at 14...

remember aaron rogers....

anything is possible come draft day

Minor point but I think Leinart went #10. I agree with gflande1 that someone would make a move (GB/NYG?) to grab him before #12. We may already have a guy in mind with #12 (Willis,Okoye, C. Houston,Lynch) and that would make it interesting if the unexpected happened and he dropped.

Minor point but I think Leinart went #10. I agree with gflande1 that someone would make a move (GB/NYG?) to grab him before #12. We may already have a guy in mind with #12 (Willis,Okoye, C. Houston,Lynch) and that would make it interesting if the unexpected happened and he dropped.

yeah, youre right, i was just typing fast and thats what came out... good call. either way, point is still, anything can happen.

I dont think GB moves up for Peterson, because they are sitting at #16. If they see peterson falling, they are in line for Lynch falling to them at #16. Jumping up to grab peterson is possible if they are not sold on lynch, but if they are somewhat close on their board, its probably not worth the jump.

The Giants are a better possibility. But moving from #20 into the top 10 will likely take next years #1. Steep price to pay, but its the Giants, so who knows....

I know, I know...no chance you say...but hear me out here.

1 - Oakland - All reports say Jamarcus Russell. Quinn, and CJ are possibilities.

2 - Cleveland. Possible. But they just signed Jamal Lewis. Quinn is a possibility, as is Joe Thomas.

3 - Detroit - With Jones and Bell, doubtful they will take Peterson

4 - Tampa - Wont spend another top pick on a RB when they have Caddilac

5 - Arizona - Edge.

6 - Washington - Portis

7 - Minnesota - Too many needs, and upgrading the RB position isnt one of them.

8 - Houston - Very possible, but they just signed Green, also have Davis/Williams and Gado...

9 - Miami - Brown/Wililams

10-Atlanta - Dunn/Norwood

11 - San Fran - Gore

12- Buffalo

So, really the only teams above us that look like they need a RB are Cleveland, Detroit and Houston. Its very probably that Cleveland and Detroit will take Quinn and Joe Thomas (if not Calvin Johnson), leaving Houston as the only other possibility.

I find it hard to believe he will get by houston, but I could see houston taking Ginn Jr, Branch, or Quinn (if he falls...doubtful).

Perhaps someone trades up for him, but I am always suprised by how few trades there are at the top of the draft board.

Thoughts?

He could definately fall, he has major durability issues. As we get closer to the draft I expect that will really set in with most teams. High risk, potential high short term reward pick. IMO there is no way Peterson doesn't end up on IR sometime in his first 3 seasons. His upright running style and reckless approach are going to lead to a lot of entertaining collisions.