Officiating in Green Bay last night

zow2

I'm no Titans fan but did anyone else think they got the shaft several times? A reversal of an obvious Tenn interception in the end zone was ridiculous. At least two obvious downfield pass interference penalties should have been called on GB but the refs kept the flags in their pockets. It seemed like they did everything they could to keep GB in the game. in the end Tenn racked up 12 penalties for over 100 yds and GB had 3 for 15. NFL officiating is horribly inconsistent. it was justice that Tenn won the game and proof for Bills fans that good teams can overcome penalties and "non calls".

I'm no Titans fan but did anyone else think they got the shaft several times?  A reversal of an obvious Tenn interception in the end zone was ridiculous.  At least two obvious downfield pass interference penalties should have been called on GB but the refs kept the flags in their pockets.  It seemed like they did everything they could to keep GB in the game.  in the end Tenn racked up 12 penalties for over 100 yds and GB had 3 for 15.  NFL officiating is horribly inconsistent.  it was justice that Tenn won the game and proof for Bills fans that good teams can overcome penalties and "non calls".

66419[/snapback]

I think the officiating this year has been at an all time low. I have never seen so many bad calls or non calls in the league, not just Bills' games. Something definitely needs to be done about it.

The refs were as bad as Green Bay's defense. If there weren't all those penalties on Tennessee and non-calls in GB's favor, the Titans would have easily scored 70+ points instead of just 48. That huge Lambeau Field advantage is long gone for the Packers.

I think the officiating this year has been at an all time low.  I have never seen so many bad calls or non calls in the league, not just Bills' games.  Something definitely needs to be done about it.

66439[/snapback]

Seriously, I agree dude. With 75% of NFL games nowadays seemingly decided by 6 points or less, some of these pass interference calls (or non calls) and phantom holding penalties to wipe out big plays...are absolute game changers. It's the difference between winning and losing. The call on Prieoleau is just one example of a penalty that would not have been called on Green Bay last night.

1st year referee doing his first MFN game and it showed. The reversal of the Int was pathetic.

One more thing...Madden was particularily difficult to listen to last night. Sideline reporting was also atrocious. I spoke with McNair's wife....he has trouble sleeping at night...who gives a flying flop? A below standard edition of MNF.

It's funny that Madden can't say Favre's name without saying the whole name "Brett Favre". Al Michaels and every other announcer just use players last names most of the time but Madden for some reason has this love affair with Brett Favre?!?!? weird.

NFL=National Fix League

66489[/snapback]

It definitley seemed a little weird last night. Almost like the refs attempt to keep the game close to keep ratings high. I know thats probably a croq but the Packers got all the calls last night when they were on the ropes just about to get the KO punch.

It's funny that Madden can't say Favre's name without saying the whole name "Brett Favre".  Al Michaels and every other announcer just use players last names most of the time but Madden for some reason has this love affair with Brett Favre?!?!?  weird.

66479[/snapback]

My personal favorite Madden quote of the evening:

"You know the Titans and Jaguars have kind of switched positions in that division. The Jaguars are where the Titans used to be, and the Titans are where the Jaguars used to be".

Tenn. got hosed on quite a few calls, no question. But:

#1) It's hard to feel sorry for that team not getting calls

#2) I'm not going to blame it on a rookie officiating crew, because the "veterans" are just as bad. IMO they need more new blood, not less.