With the potential trade of Willis, is it possible to trade for

Yesterday I read that the Bears are looking to move into the top of the first round. With the possible trade of Willis (assuming a second round) to Baltimore, would you be interested in giving up our #12 for Lance Briggs?

I wouldnt mind seeing a trade that included Spikes and our first for the Beard third and Briggs...is this possible?

I just feel that Briggs has a better chance of succeeding that some unknown college rookie (ie LB Willis). He has experience and would be able to fill in for the loss of London Fletchers experience. We would then have our LB and could focus the remaining picks (2 second round, 2 third rounds) on our remaining areas of need (DB, DT, LB, RB).

The remaining offseason would look like this:

Sign Dillon and Brown to short term contracts

Trade Spikes and #12 pick to Bears for Briggs and their third round pick

Draft:

Second Round: Best available DB

Second Round (McGahee): Best available DT

Third Round: Best available LB or RB

Third Round (Spikes): Best available RB or LB

Fourth Round: Best available OG

Sixth Round: Best available

Seventh Round: Best available

I wouldnt mind thre trade because Briggs is still a young guy and can be great in our system having been playing the cover 2 since day 1. I would just hate to give up alot for this guy who played in a great system with very good players.

Remember that the Franchise Tag entitles the Bears to TWO first round picks should any team sign Briggs and the Bears not choose to match it. That is in and of itself way too much. Thus, we (or another potential trading partner) would have to work out an alternative trade with the Bears for the right to sign Briggs. I would be willing to give up our #12 pick to make the deal, but I think we have too many other holes to fill elsewhere to consider giving up much more than that.

I'm sick of Briggs trade proposals(and usually bad ones at that). Where has it been stated that Chicago is actively shopping him. All that was said, is that Briggs is unhappy that they tagged him. Whoop de friggin do! He's not the first player to be UNFAIRLY slapped with the tag and he won't be the last.

PS Note to all these geniuses. If you don't like being tagged, complain to your union leadership who keep agreeing to it as part of a new CBA. :rolleyes::devil:

I'm sick of Briggs trade proposals(and usually bad ones at that). Where has it been stated that Chicago is actively shopping him. All that was said, is that Briggs is unhappy that they tagged him. Whoop de friggin do! He's not the first player to be UNFAIRLY slapped with the tag and he won't be the last.

PS Note to all these geniuses. If you don't like being tagged, complain to your union leadership who keep agreeing to it as part of a new CBA. :devil::lol:

I am so sorry to have ruined your day. Im not worthy to be posting on the same board as you, someone who has never had a bad idea in his life. What was I thinking????

Some day I hope to be as perfect as you!!!!

:rolleyes:

PS Note to all these geniuses. If you don't like being tagged, complain to your union leadership who keep agreeing to it as part of a new CBA. :rolleyes::devil:

They tagged him and then came out publicly and said they have no interest in extending him. That's just bad press and will likely cause more harm in the long run. This team was on the verge of winning the Super Bowl and team dissension really can't help one bit. I'm sure they would entertain trade offers and be interested. I just don't expect them to give him away for nothing.

The only problem that the Bills would run into in trading the 12th pick, is that you're losing out on a potentially talented prospect at a contract that is peanuts in comparison to established veterans. You have to build your team through the draft, because free agents command soooo much more money. As an organization, you bank on bright young stars such as Lee Evans and JP Losman, making BIG contributions at a value that is less than their talents would indicate. Thus, trading a 12th pick in the draft for a 6 year/$48+ million contract, would not be a good return for the organization.

I am so sorry to have ruined your day. Im not worthy to be posting on the same board as you, someone who has never had a bad idea in his life. What was I thinking????

Some day I hope to be as perfect as you!!!!

:rolleyes:

I was talking about the board in general, but if you want to take it personally, go right ahead. :devil: