ESPN Says McGahee probably to Baltimore by this weekend

according to pft.com

POSTED 7:18 p.m. EST, March 7, 2007

McGAHEE TO RAVENS TONIGHT OR TOMORROW?

A league source tells us that there's a good chance that the Buffalo Bill will trade running back Willis McGahee to the Baltimore Ravens on Wednesday night or Thursday.

Per the source, there are a couple of other teams still in the hunt for McGahee. As of now, however, the Ravens are at the front of the pack.

Also, a reader tells us that there are reports on Sirius NFL Radio that such a trade would entail Baltimore sending a second-round pick and a fifth-round pick to Buffalo.

If the trade happens, Ravens likely will be signing McGahee to a long-term deal. Based on recent contracts, McGahee could get $20 million in guaranteed money. (Ray Lewis will be thrilled with that.)

Meanwhile, the Bills are looking for McGahee's eventual replacement. Chris Brown visited Buffalo on Wednesday, and Corey Dillon is up next.

according to pft.com

POSTED 7:18 p.m. EST, March 7, 2007

McGAHEE TO RAVENS TONIGHT OR TOMORROW?

A league source tells us that there's a good chance that the Buffalo Bill will trade running back Willis McGahee to the Baltimore Ravens on Wednesday night or Thursday.

Per the source, there are a couple of other teams still in the hunt for McGahee. As of now, however, the Ravens are at the front of the pack.

Also, a reader tells us that there are reports on Sirius NFL Radio that such a trade would entail Baltimore sending a second-round pick and a fifth-round pick to Buffalo.

If the trade happens, Ravens likely will be signing McGahee to a long-term deal. Based on recent contracts, McGahee could get $20 million in guaranteed money. (Ray Lewis will be thrilled with that.)

Meanwhile, the Bills are looking for McGahee's eventual replacement. Chris Brown visited Buffalo on Wednesday, and Corey Dillon is up next.

I'll believe it when I see it. This having been said....if it happens, at least we won't have the opportunity for a "Revenge Bowl" (a la Travis Henry) for almost 3 years. Played the Ravens at the end of 2006, so we won't be seeing them until 2009 - and with luck, we'll be the home team this time. A lot can happen in the life of a running back in 3 years. That's a career in itself.

I'll believe it when I see it. This having been said....if it happens, at least we won't have the opportunity for a "Revenge Bowl" (a la Travis Henry) for almost 3 years. Played the Ravens at the end of 2006, so we won't be seeing them until 2009 - and with luck, we'll be the home team this time. A lot can happen in the life of a running back in 3 years. That's a career in itself.

Or this year: http://www.wgr550.com/bills/schedule.php

Alexander and Edge wanted HUGE extensions as a part of their trades, hence the reason why no oen traded for them.

Also....again, the free agent market isn't what it used to be, except perhaps for Guards, who were (like safeties) traditionally not paid very much. Years ago, Guards (except for gus like Hannah, Upshaw, etc.) were considered virtually interchangeable.

Some pretty smart people have sent me PMs stating that WM will not fetch as much a 2nd. More often than not I am wrong when I disagree with these guys, but I am thinking that Willis does have trade value, and I think that a 2nd is close.

Also....again, the free agent market isn't what it used to be, except perhaps for Guards, who were (like safeties) traditionally not paid very much. Years ago, Guards (except for gus like Hannah, Upshaw, etc.) were considered virtually interchangeable.

Some pretty smart people have sent me PMs stating that WM will not fetch as much a 2nd. More often than not I am wrong when I disagree with these guys, but I am thinking that Willis does have trade value, and I think that a 2nd is close.

yes, it looks like it will be a 2nd, but it's pretty much a 3rd being pick #61. but, getting a 5th in addition is def. better than any deal i would have expected. didn't wanna see him get traded, but i guess it's just time to move on....