Adrian Peterson

I really like Marshawn Lynch but Peterson also intrigues me. Cleveland has J. Lewis in for a visit this week which, if he signed there......................could possibly help Peterson fall to Buffalo's spot, especially since Houston just took Ahman Green. What do you think???

Peterson will be a top 5 pick. Someone will trade up to get him if he starts to slip and I doubt it would be the Bills who do so.

Maybe not. Who else could use a RB bad enough that they would be willing to trade down, into the top 10 to get one? Most teams are pretty set at RB, or have more pressing needs then a RB to waste picks trading up for him

He may end up fallng like Aaron Rodgers who was supposed to be one of the top picks and fell to 23 cause no one needed a QB early.

Peterson will be a top 5 pick. Someone will trade up to get him if he starts to slip and I doubt it would be the Bills who do so.

Too bad, to. Imagine the chants of ....."ADRIAN"!!.......(done ROCKY style) at the Ralph as Peterson punches another in from 2 yds out.

Maybe not. Who else could use a RB bad enough that they would be willing to trade down, into the top 10 to get one? Most teams are pretty set at RB, or have more pressing needs then a RB to waste picks trading up for him

He may end up fallng like Aaron Rodgers who was supposed to be one of the top picks and fell to 23 cause no one needed a QB early.

Possibly, but I doubt it.

A lot of teams still need RBs, especially since RB by comitte is becoming the latest "fad" of the copycat league.

Off the top of my head, teams that need backs still:

Cleveland, Minn, Texans, Atlanta (all top 10 picks) plus Buffalo (if McGahee is dealt), GB, Tenn, NYG, Bal.

I would even say Denver still would be interested.

Point is, there are enough teams who need a star RB who pick before the Bills. And there are more than a few later in the draft who might move up if Peterson drops.

When there is only one real "superstar" RB in the whole draft, he never makes it out of the top 10. Just doesn't happen.

I really like Marshawn Lynch but Peterson also intrigues me. Cleveland has J. Lewis in for a visit this week which, if he signed there......................could possibly help Peterson fall to Buffalo's spot, especially since Houston just took Ahman Green. What do you think???

another side effect of cleveland gettin lewis is an expotential increase in the chance that the Ravans pursuing MacGahee. That would allow things to fall nicely in place for us!

With all of the RB signings this year, I would NOT be too terribly surprised to see Peterson fall to 12. Remember the year we took Willis, he was the first RB taken -- and he went 21. (Larry Johnson went a few picks later.) The year we traded up for JP, Steven Jackson was the first back taken -- and he went with the following pick (23). I still think that one of those top 10 teams will take him -- or some other team will trade up for him... but stranger things have happened.

Off the top of my head, teams that need backs still:

Cleveland, Minn, Texans, Atlanta (all top 10 picks) plus Buffalo (if McGahee is dealt), GB, Tenn, NYG, Bal.

I would even say Denver still would be interested.

My quote was referencing more the talk of a team trading up into the top 10 to get a RB

A team bringing in Adrian will more then likely expect him to start from day one and proabably be the featured back, not many teams have the luxury of drafting someone top 10 as a backup

as for the teams you talked about

Clevland - has so many other holes to fill they could go to any position at their spot. If the bring in Lewis, I don't think they go for Adrian

Minnesota - they could possibly take him, but also have some other holes. They seem more likely

Texans - I thought they just brought in Green? they have a bunch of RB's on their roster right now, and a ton of holes to fill. If they shop Carr, I think they go QB

Atlanta - Not too sure on their RB situation, but I guess like Minnesota, it could be possible. But I thought they were ok at RB and may go WR to give Vick some more weapons (weither he choses to do anything with them is another question)

GB - is definitly looking for a RB, but has alot of holes to fill. Still could be a possibility

Tenn - just drafted a young RB, I doubt they trade up to get Adrian

NYG - Depends if they decide FA is the way they want to go. I have a feeling they bring in a FA RB to complete the "RB by comittee" there

Bal - Also looking for a RB, but would have to trade alot to get one. Plus they are not looking at taking a chance on a inexperienced rookie with their timeframe for winning is getting smaller with the older defence and McNair

The thing is, any of these teams could take themselves out of the running by signing some of the FA RB's available (Turner, Rhodes, Lewis) or by trading for McGahee. If the Bills don't trade McGahee, you can probably take them out of the teams looking for a RB as they will probably make that a priority next year if/when mcGahee leaves

My quote was referencing more the talk of a team trading up into the top 10 to get a RB

A team bringing in Adrian will more then likely expect him to start from day one and proabably be the featured back, not many teams have the luxury of drafting someone top 10 as a backup

as for the teams you talked about

Clevland - has so many other holes to fill they could go to any position at their spot. If the bring in Lewis, I don't think they go for Adrian

Minnesota - they could possibly take him, but also have some other holes. They seem more likely

Texans - I thought they just brought in Green? they have a bunch of RB's on their roster right now, and a ton of holes to fill. If they shop Carr, I think they go QB

Atlanta - Not too sure on their RB situation, but I guess like Minnesota, it could be possible. But I thought they were ok at RB and may go WR to give Vick some more weapons (weither he choses to do anything with them is another question)

GB - is definitly looking for a RB, but has alot of holes to fill. Still could be a possibility

Tenn - just drafted a young RB, I doubt they trade up to get Adrian

NYG - Depends if they decide FA is the way they want to go. I have a feeling they bring in a FA RB to complete the "RB by comittee" there

Bal - Also looking for a RB, but would have to trade alot to get one. Plus they are not looking at taking a chance on a inexperienced rookie with their timeframe for winning is getting smaller with the older defence and McNair

The thing is, any of these teams could take themselves out of the running by signing some of the FA RB's available (Turner, Rhodes, Lewis) or by trading for McGahee. If the Bills don't trade McGahee, you can probably take them out of the teams looking for a RB as they will probably make that a priority next year if/when mcGahee leaves

All good points.

And you may well be right. We'll see soon enough. The thing for me is, I don't think any team would pass on Peterson because they have Green or Lewis -- two aging backs who won't las tmuch longer. There really haven't been that many "impact" running back moves this off season other than Thomas Jones going to the Jets so I'm not certain that teams are suddenly fine at RB.

He has as much chance falling to the Bills as Calvin Johnson does.

could happen -

and pigs could fly

You probably said the same thing last year about Leinart and then he falls to #10.

No one could have ever predicted that. Peterson could be seen as "injury prone" in some GM's eyes.

There are always surprise early picks (aka Donte Whitner) and surprise falling draft picks (aka Thurman Thomas, Leinart, etc... Anything is possible. By the way, Calvin Johnson doesn't have ANY question marks and their is a strong need for his services by many teams who draft before Buffalo. Calvin Johnson is arguably the best player in the draft, Peterson is not.............ridiculous comparison on your part.

He has as much chance falling to the Bills as Calvin Johnson does.

could happen -

and pigs could fly

not ridiculous at all. AP is arguably the 2nd best player in the draft. who is clearly better?

not many RB's project to be an elite every down back. Peterson is one. if Cleveland doesn't put him behind their rebuilt OL, some other team will trade up for him. plenty of teams would like to have the next LT, LJ, Alexander, etc. instead of using a rotation. in fact, Cleveland would be foolish to not grab him at #3 with what they have to choose from. who would you rather have -- a broken down Jamal Lewis or a dynamic player like Adrian Peterson?

LJ, McGahee and Steven Jackson were mentioned as guys who fell into the 20's. they all had question marks and were not projected to be drafted any higher. their RB draft classes were considered weak, without having a standout guy.

Peterson, on the other hand, has been among the best RB's in college since he nearly won the Heisman as a freshman. he has been injured, but they have all been freak-type injuries in nature. his injury history is being used by some savvy GM's to try to get him to drop in the draft, otherwise there are no questions about him.

i'd love to see Peterson in a Bills uni, but he is not gonna fall to #12, and i don't see Levy giving up what it would take to move up to get him. maybe he will prove me wrong.

Petersen is a franchise back...he won't make it past the fifth pick.

There's talk Detroit might take him since Trent Green might be interested in playing there because he has some close associations there from his St. Louis days.

To compare Petersen with Johnson IS ridiculous. Players like Johnson don't come around very often and Petersen (as much as I like him) will always carry around the "injury prone tag" until he proves otherwise. I don't think Petersen will last to #12 either but its definitely "possible" he could slip to them. No way Johnson lasts past the Tampa pick, THAT YOU CAN BANK ON!

not ridiculous at all. AP is arguably the 2nd best player in the draft. who is clearly better?

not many RB's project to be an elite every down back. Peterson is one. if Cleveland doesn't put him behind their rebuilt OL, some other team will trade up for him. plenty of teams would like to have the next LT, LJ, Alexander, etc. instead of using a rotation. in fact, Cleveland would be foolish to not grab him at #3 with what they have to choose from. who would you rather have -- a broken down Jamal Lewis or a dynamic player like Adrian Peterson?

LJ, McGahee and Steven Jackson were mentioned as guys who fell into the 20's. they all had question marks and were not projected to be drafted any higher. their RB draft classes were considered weak, without having a standout guy.

Peterson, on the other hand, has been among the best RB's in college since he nearly won the Heisman as a freshman. he has been injured, but they have all been freak-type injuries in nature. his injury history is being used by some savvy GM's to try to get him to drop in the draft, otherwise there are no questions about him.

i'd love to see Peterson in a Bills uni, but he is not gonna fall to #12, and i don't see Levy giving up what it would take to move up to get him. maybe he will prove me wrong.

The only way Peterson falls to #12 is if the Bills spend big bucks on Rhodes, Dillon and Chris Brown to replace Willis- and then can't trade Willis.

With Peterson available at #12 but no roster spot available, Marv panicks and drafts a punter.