The Billy Joe Hobert Factor

Didn't think about this until today, but, back on the 90's when Hobert admitted to not being prepared to go into the game because he had not studied the game plan for the week, Marv quickly exited him from the team.

I think Marv's prespective is the same here. If you aren't showing up committed to winning, you don't play for the Bills. Doesn;t matter whether you are a starter or a benchwarmer....that is demanded and expected from a Professional.

There is no way that Marv can set that expectation and make exceptions.

Face it folks...whether you like him or not....he will not play for the Bills again.

Didn't think about this until today, but, back on the 90's when Hobert admitted to not being prepared to go into the game because he had not studied the game plan for the week, Marv quickly exited him from the team.

I think Marv's prespective is the same here. If you aren't showing up committed to winning, you don't play for the Bills. Doesn;t matter whether you are a starter or a benchwarmer....that is demanded and expected from a Professional.

Face it folks...whether you like him or not....he will not play for the Bills again.

While I agree that he probably is not in the team's long-term plans, if we can't get decent compensation for him, I see no reason why he won't play out his string in 2007.

While I agree that he probably is not in the team's long-term plans, if we can't get decent compensation for him, I see no reason why he won't play out his string in 2007.

Marv will release him first.....but, he will settle for 'something/anything' by way of draft picks in lieu of...

Read his book, Marv is all about accountability.

That is definately a sound line of thiking, however, that doesnt really do us any good as a team if we keep him, play him and still dont get compensated next year. Whereas if we unload him now to a team in the NFC that we'd never have to play and we get anything in return itd be better than just delaying the inevitable(ie: finding a suitable replacement).

So if we'r truly still rebuilding then that would be the correct move, but if they think we've got a playoff run coming, then i see keeping him. Generally when your already porous defense loses 2 of its top starters, that is indicitive of a team that is likely not done rebuilding.(as much as I want it not to be true).

Marv will release him first.....but, he will settle for 'something/anything' by way of draft picks in lieu of...

Read his book, Marv is all about accountability.

Definately, anyone who has trouble understanding marvs moves should read his book. Since reading it it has made me see these things much more clearly. Plus, its a good read.

Definately, anyone who has trouble understanding marvs moves should read his book. Since reading it it has made me see these things much more clearly. Plus, its a good read.

There's a reason why the players of that team look upon him a father figure. There's a loyalty. THAT's what he is trying to rebuild.

McGahee does not fit this new team. And, I disagree about the playoffs...the Bills can pick up a adequate back and with a solid OLine can be very competitive and playoff capable.

From the running backs he's bringing in I'd guess he does intend to get rid of WM. I think that getting rid of him for less than a high second round draft choice or equivalent is a mistake. He can play pretty well if and when motivated and I think this trading episode has got to be humiliating for him. The only thing he can do to help himself is play outstanding football next year and show that he is a "team" guy...whether he feels like being a team guy or not.

Where did the information about Willis not knowing the playbook come from. It seems like a rumour to me. If it were true I think we would have seen at least a LITTLE more of Anthony Thomas who didn't play too bad when given the chance. Something seems wrong with that rumour.

I just think Willis tries to be too cool, and ends up a fool. Like when he said he didn't know it was 4th down, I think he was trying to act like it was no big deal, "I don't notice pressure" kind of thing, that he didn't realize (because he is not very bright) would make him look worse. He never pointed fingers, or threw teammates under the bus so far as I know (the comments by his agent don't count), and actually seems to be well liked by his teammates.

I'm sure there have been many Bills players through the years who would rather have played in a different city (there sure seem to be alot of people FROM Buffalo that have left). Willis was just fool enough to talk about it with a reporter

Where did the information about Willis not knowing the playbook come from. It seems like a rumour to me. If it were true I think we would have seen at least a LITTLE more of Anthony Thomas who didn't play too bad when given the chance. Something seems wrong with that rumour.

I just think Willis tries to be too cool, and ends up a fool. Like when he said he didn't know it was 4th down, I think he was trying to act like it was no big deal, "I don't notice pressure" kind of thing, that he didn't realize (because he is not very bright) would make him look worse. He never pointed fingers, or threw teammates under the bus so far as I know (the comments by his agent don't count), and actually seems to be well liked by his teammates.

I'm sure there have been many Bills players through the years who would rather have played in a different city (there sure seem to be alot of people FROM Buffalo that have left). Willis was just fool enough to talk about it with a reporter

Anybody with teenagers knows that there is a "cool to be a fool" mentality pervasive in todays youth. I think WM is trying to play that role.

Not reading the playbook is a sin. But what grevious sin has Willis committed? Other than playing thru what, a broken rib cage?

Marv doesn't listen to the media. So media misquotes/context misques are not going to bother Marv at all.

It says here that Willis will play for the Bills in 2007. Too good a deal for the Bills. Where is the WM replacement coming from?