I am not giving up

Yoho

As a 50 something year old Bills fan, I have been there from the beginning. I have seen some terrible teams.

This team is the most frustrating team I ever remember but not because there is no talent but just the opposite that we are 0 - 4 with the talent we have. One play here, one play there, we are 2-2, 3-1, even 4-0. It would be crazy to dismantle this team, its management and start all over again. There may be a couple of moves that are necessary (and unfortunately Bledsoe may be one of them) but this is not your '68 Bills. You 30 and under Bills fans don't have a clue as to bad.

I share your frustration and it is easy to try to point your finger at the villan of your choice (Donohoe, Bledsoe, Wilson, McNally) but we are so stinking close. I have been through too many rebuilding programs and I am not ready to go there again when we are so close. Hang in there. Don't be a total pessimist and give it up. Go Bills.

As a 50 something year old Bills fan, I have been there from the beginning.  I have seen some terrible teams. 

This team is the most frustrating team I ever remember but not because there is no talent but just the opposite that we are 0 - 4 with the talent we have.  One play here, one play there, we are 2-2, 3-1, even 4-0.  It would be crazy to dismantle this team, its management and start all over again.  There may be a couple of moves that are necessary (and unfortunately Bledsoe may be one of them) but this is not your '68 Bills.  You 30 and under Bills fans don't have a clue as to bad.

I share your frustration and it is easy to try to point your finger at the villan of your choice (Donohoe, Bledsoe, Wilson, McNally) but we are so stinking close.  I have been through too many rebuilding programs and I am not ready to go there again when we are so close.  Hang in there.  Don't be a total pessimist and give it up.  Go Bills.

66111[/snapback]

I'm with you.

I'm 33 and I remember some bad teams. You are right that this team is not lacking talent like some of those bad teams of years gone by, however they are right up there at the top when ranking the teams on the stupidity scale. That level of stupidity goes a long way to making you a bad team in today's NFL no matter how much raw talent you have. Having said that, I am not nor will I ever abandon this team.

I think we are all with you.

Do you really believe we are really that close? I have my doubts about donahoe.

66122[/snapback]

How can you think we are not close when if Clemens knocks down the pass we are 1-0. if Henry gets the TD call maybe 2-0. If Fletcher does not fumble at the 3, maybe 3-0. If we can hold Pennington and Brien's kick drifts in the wind, maybe 4-0. I know, I know, good teams win, bad teams lose.....

BUT, I have witnessed Bills teams that got their butt kicked week after week with talent borrowed from the waiver wire. This team is so painfully close. That is what makes this year worse than any other I can remember but what also gives me hope.

Yoho Posted Today, 07:18 PM

As a 50 something year old Bills fan, I have been there from the beginning. I have seen some terrible teams.

This team is the most frustrating team I ever remember but not because there is no talent but just the opposite that we are 0 - 4 with the talent we have. One play here, one play there, we are 2-2, 3-1, even 4-0. It would be crazy to dismantle this team, its management and start all over again. There may be a couple of moves that are necessary (and unfortunately Bledsoe may be one of them) but this is not your '68 Bills. You 30 and under Bills fans don't have a clue as to bad.

I share your frustration and it is easy to try to point your finger at the villan of your choice (Donohoe, Bledsoe, Wilson, McNally) but we are so stinking close. I have been through too many rebuilding programs and I am not ready to go there again when we are so close. Hang in there. Don't be a total pessimist and give it up. Go Bills.

Yoho, I could not agree with you more. Being a "younger" Bills fan who was born and raised in California, I do not remember the really bad years of Bills football. I started to cheer for the Bills when Jim started to play for them. These last few seasons have been tough & trying. I could accept the 2001 Bills season, since it was a rebuilding year, and they were not a very good team. What is frustrating about this season is that the Bills have real talent on this team and now they are one of the last 2 teams without a win.

Games they should have won against the Jags, Raiders, & Jets, and a game they had a shot at winning against the Patriots have been agonizing to watch. It's as if they have a curse on them. I still believe they can turn it around, and I will never abandon this team. They have been to close so many times. I know there is a big winning streak in this team, it just has to be exploited.

GO BILLS!!!!!

Yoho is right!  We're much better than most think

66217[/snapback]

It is so easy to say let's tear it apart and start from the beginning again. For every Marv Levy and Chuck Knox there is a Johnny Rauch, Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullock and Greg Williams.

I think there are some more recent Bills fans (from the Super Bowl years) that were more front runners than true fans of the Bills and will not follow a team that has a down period. We are down now, but not out and not that far away. When we start getting blown out on a weekly basis I will advocate a house cleaning. Until then, I am still hoping that we turn the corner soon.

Go look up at how Jimmy Johnson and Chcuk Noll started their coaching careers. As Marv Levy might say, if you don't learn from history you are bound to repeat it.

As a 50 something year old Bills fan, I have been there from the beginning.  I have seen some terrible teams. 

This team is the most frustrating team I ever remember but not because there is no talent but just the opposite that we are 0 - 4 with the talent we have.  One play here, one play there, we are 2-2, 3-1, even 4-0.  It would be crazy to dismantle this team, its management and start all over again.  There may be a couple of moves that are necessary (and unfortunately Bledsoe may be one of them) but this is not your '68 Bills.  You 30 and under Bills fans don't have a clue as to bad.

I share your frustration and it is easy to try to point your finger at the villan of your choice (Donohoe, Bledsoe, Wilson, McNally) but we are so stinking close.  I have been through too many rebuilding programs and I am not ready to go there again when we are so close.  Hang in there.  Don't be a total pessimist and give it up.  Go Bills.

66111[/snapback]

Have you ever seen a version of the Bills with less heart and killer instinct? Have you ever seen a player or team grow heart?

Have you ever seen a version of the Bills with less heart and killer instinct?  Have you ever seen a player or team grow heart?

66250[/snapback]

I hate to use this as an example, but the Cowboys were 1 - 15, I believe in Jimmy Johnson's first year. Somehow they grew up.

Heart and killer instinct comes with confidence. I just don't believe that this group does not want to win badly. You can see it by the way they never quit. What goes around, comes around. My frustration level is a 12 on the scale of 10 but I am going to advocate to give this thing a little longer and not advocate knee-jerk reactions as I have seen proposed here.