It's Early, But Rudy is running way ahead of pack

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17435176/site/newsweek/

How will the social Conservatives react to this? Pro-choice, doesn't want to lock gays away in institutions and ran around on his wife/wives. I see a big pillow fight coming in the GOP :cry:

I have a feeling that you want to see a big fight within the GOP knocking around Rudy. The Democrats are more worried about Rudy getting the nomination than the social conservatives

I have a feeling that you want to see a big fight within the GOP knocking around Rudy. The Democrats are more worried about Rudy getting the nomination than the social conservatives

You got it backwards. I like Rudy and want to see the Social Conservatives get the stuffing knocked out of them. I'd vote for Rudy over Hillary anyday.

You got it backwards. I like Rudy and want to see the Social Conservatives get the stuffing knocked out of them. I'd vote for Rudy over Hillary anyday.

And that is why the Democrats are the ones playing up Rudy vs Social Cons. If Rudy wins the nomination the social cons aren't gonna go vote for Hillary or Obama, they'll still vote for Rudy. Rudy will however lockup the moderate Republicans, Independants, moderate Democrats, and even some liberals

And that is why the Democrats are the ones playing up Rudy vs Social Cons. If Rudy wins the nomination the social cons aren't gonna go vote for Hillary or Obama, they'll still vote for Rudy. Rudy will however lockup the moderate Republicans, Independants, moderate Democrats, and even some liberals

Rudy would win the general election in a landslide, IMO

Also a conservative, and while I would prefer a candidate with some different opinions on a few social issues, Guiliani is my guy. He is the most electable person, and a very strong leader. If this country needs anything right now its a strong leader. Do I like everything about him, no. But I will support him. I do worry about the base supporting him in a general election. But if Hillary is nominated on the democratic side, that should take care of that issue!

Obama vs. Guliani would be VERY interesting

(and by the way, i am remembering you said you will support rudy over hillary...some democrats have a history of flip-flopping!)

Remember away! But isn't Rudy'd nomination--if it happens--one giant flip-flop for the GOP on the social issues?

No, not really. It would be an admittance that he is the best candidate for the job dispite his "flaws" on social issues. Because you vote for someone does not mean you agree with them on every issue.

The real religious right, social conservatives who won't vote for pro abortion, gay rights etc will not vote for Rudy-they will stay home & not vote at all. Whenever the Republicans move to the left on these issues, their fear is not that these people will vote Democratic, they KNOW these people will not go to the polls when given 2 candidates with social records they don't like.

The real religious right, social conservatives who won't vote for pro abortion, gay rights etc will not vote for Rudy-they will stay home & not vote at all. Whenever the Republicans move to the left on these issues, their fear is not that these people will vote Democratic, they KNOW these people will not go to the polls when given 2 candidates with social records they don't like.

Do you think he can win the nomination? The polls are showing that social conservatives are laening his way even in the really red states. Maybe its just early and the real campaigning hasn't started yet?

Normally I would agree with you. But Hillary will bring out all the republican base if she gets the nomination.

Couldn't have said it better myself :blink:

Same here. Hillary will bring out the Republican base simply to vote against her. Rudy's job is 1/2 way done if Democrats nominate Hillary for President in 2008.

"It seems Democrats are of two minds with regard to Hillary Clinton running for President in 2008. Some Democrats don't like the idea of her running while other Democrats hate it." - Conan O'Brien-