With this new, massive O-Line, what RB are we going

Picking up a FA RB for the interm like Chris Brown or Corey Dillion would allow us the time to groom a future RB. The way I look at it is we can do one of three things. First, move up in the 1st rd and draft Peterson. Secondly, stay put and draft Lynch with the #12 pick or third but not least, trade back for extra pick(s) and take Bush or even Hunt later in the draft.

I think we go change of pace back and get Michael Bush in the 2nd. He would compliment someone like Shaud or whatever FA interim RB they brought in.

It would be like the Steelers a in '06: Bettis and WIllie Parker. RB by Comittee is the vogue thing to do in today's NFL.

I feel pretty strongly that they're going to draft Lynch now. These signings are clearly aimed at improving their running game and to that end, I think they'll also go out and get an elite runner to compliment those signings.

I don't think both Spikes and Willis will be traded but I think one of them will be dealt which will open the door to the extra pick in which could very well end up being a running back but I sure would love getting Peterson, although I would be happy if we take Willis with the first pick

Maurice Jones-Drew (2)

Frank Gore (3)

Tatum Bell (2)

Julius Jones (2)

Clinton Portis (2)

Brian Westbrook (2)

Travis Henry (2)

I think there is some pretty good talent established after the first round at this position, so I'm not too interested in a #1 pick to RB unless the right guy is there. Between RB/LB/CB/DT I think we can take the best guy available. Willis is still on the team, and if he doesn't get moved we aren't going to pick that high. I might be crazy, but I wouldn't mind Henry pulling a Peerless Price and coming back if Willis is moved, but I see Willis having a big 2007 and us worrying about our next running back next off season.

I feel pretty strongly that they're going to draft Lynch now. These signings are clearly aimed at improving their running game and to that end, I think they'll also go out and get an elite runner to compliment those signings.

I agree...it's all about establishing a dominant running game. Which is GREAT to see. But, I agree with the Michael Bush scenario. I think Marv is looking for his next Thurman.

BTW......5 years from now, can you imaging Willis McGahee sitting around regretting the fact that he just couldn't get it together enough to be the RB for this team?

Maurice Jones-Drew (2)

Frank Gore (3)

Tatum Bell (2)

Julius Jones (2)

Clinton Portis (2)

Brian Westbrook (2)

Travis Henry (2)

I think there is some pretty good talent established after the first round at this position, so I'm not too interested in a #1 pick to RB unless the right guy is there. Between RB/LB/CB/DT I think we can take the best guy available. Willis is still on the team, and if he doesn't get moved we aren't going to pick that high. I might be crazy, but I wouldn't mind Henry pulling a Peerless Price and coming back if Willis is moved, but I see Willis having a big 2007 and us worrying about our next running back next off season.

that another interesting situation.....if you could take any of the above RB's for your team...who would you pick?

I think I would go with Jones-Drew....but Julius Jones would be tempting as well.

that another interesting situation.....if you could take any of the above RB's for your team...who would you pick?

I think I would go with Jones-Drew....but Julius Jones would be tempting as well.

Frank Gore without hesitation.

Michael Bush is 6'2" and weighs in at a hefty 247lbs. If you want a dominant run game, he will punish individuals.

You'd take Drew and Jones over Portis or Gore? :P

Maurice Jones-Drew (2)

Frank Gore (3)

Tatum Bell (2)

Julius Jones (2)

Clinton Portis (2)

Brian Westbrook (2)

Travis Henry (2)

While I agree that its possible to find quality RBs later on and am not entirely opposed to it, I think they'd be better served by balancing their draft with a RB in R1 and drafting heavily on defense thereafter. If Lynch is drafted at 12, I would not be shocked to see them devote the entire remainder of their draft to the defensive side. That still allows them to do a ton of building on the defensive side while also adding an elite prospect at RB in R1.

I agree...it's all about establishing a dominant running game. Which is GREAT to see. But, I agree with the Michael Bush scenario. I think Marv is looking for his next Thurman.

BTW......5 years from now, can you imaging Willis McGahee sitting around regretting the fact that he just couldn't get it together enough to be the RB for this team?

I think Marv is DEFINITELY looking for another Thurman Thomas type player and its a big factor in why I think he'll take Lynch. Even if he waits until a little later in the draft, I think he'll lean more towards smaller RBs like Lorenzo Booker or Kenny Irons who are explosive open field runners.

How is he as a receiver?

Good hands. As a Pitt Volunteer I got to watch a lot of tape on him - fluid, but he plays a little upright - and at 6'2" understandable. They loved using him as a screen guy and let him punish the first person who got near him with a head a steam going.

In what way is Michael Bush like Thurman Thomas other than he's a running back? I think Marshawn Lynch has some similar attributes (can catch the ball, good inside runner). I don't think either one will come close to Thurmans' career.