Our left side is now one of the best in football

We now have one of the best run blocking guards in football, and one of the best pass blocking tackles in football. They compliment each other perfectly, and both are young, improving, and under contract. Holy crap I'm excited to watch these two play next year.

I am very pleased with the way the Marv Levy era is shaping up in Buffalo. His commitment to the trenches is clearly going to make us a competitive football team next year. If they can grab a defensive lineman and a linebacker to round out free agaency, I will very much look forward to this years draft.

I'm very excited about this signing. Wait and see on the dollars, but getting one of the top three guards is a huge move for us and way more valuable than re-signing Nate to keep Ashton on the bench. A nice first day, although London was a great Bill and I'm sad to see him go.

Lets play a game with our new left side before its declared one of the best first guys.

I heard the same things when Bennie Anderson was signed. The exact same things! How did that go?

I would rather they signed Steinbach. When the Bills acquire a Pro Bowl player or two I'll get excited.

The guy they got from Minnesota is no better than Villarial. Clements and Fletcher are gone with nothing to show for it - why weren't they traded last year?

I watched Oakland play (unfortunately I live in the NFL coverage TV area) every week and you are absolutely crazy if you think Langston Walker is a big upgrade at RT. The Oakland OL was a complete disaster and their QB's got KILLED every week. One of the worst offenses in NFL history!

Apparently, most of the posters have no idea about him.

The enthusiasm is understandable, but naive and premature to put it politely.

I heard the same things when Bennie Anderson was signed. The exact same things! How did that go?

I would rather they signed Steinbach. When the Bills acquire a Pro Bowl player or two I'll get excited.

The guy they got from Minnesota is no better than Villarial. Clements and Fletcher are gone with nothing to show for it - why weren't they traded last year?

I watched Oakland play (unfortunately I live in the NFL coverage TV area) every week and you are absolutely crazy if you think Langston Walker is a big upgrade at RT. The Oakland OL was a complete disaster and their QB's got KILLED every week. One of the worst offenses in NFL history!

I never heard that (or thought that) when Bennie Anderson was signed. The line is gonna be alot better. And JP is gonna be alot better

I think Walker will play RG.

he may. I bet they let Pennington, Butler, and Walker compete for RT and Butler/Walker loser(s) at RT compete with Whittle and Mertz (yeah right -probably 4th G and 2nd C) for the RG spot.

That is the way they run camp. Now by early training camp it may already be decided or close to but they make you win the job! I like it!

We now have one of the best run blocking guards in football, and one of the best pass blocking tackles in football. They compliment each other perfectly, and both are young, improving, and under contract. Holy crap I'm excited to watch these two play next year.

I am orgasming at the very thought. :devil:

Where does everyone think Dokery is going to play LG, everything I have read says he played RG with Washington. Maybe they re-sign Gandy for left and Dockery with Pennigton/Walker on the right

It's pretty obvious that they aren't going to resign Gandy.

How is it obvious?

I've never heard them complain about him, and Losman called him the leader of the o-line last year and he liked him at LG

He's coming back. Depth or to start he is a solid gaurd. Tackle on the other hand, eh...

Where does everyone think Dokery is going to play LG, everything I have read says he played RG with Washington. Maybe they re-sign Gandy for left and Dockery with Pennigton/Walker on the right

March 2, 2007

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 7:07 PM ET | Link

O-LINE BETTER: I couldn't agree more with Dick Jauron the Bills offensive line has been upgraded. Talking to Derrick Dockery one-on-one I can tell he's a self motivated player. He told me he wants to leave his mark on the game. He and Jason Peters together on that left side will be very impressive. I think Walker may overtake Terrance Pennington for the starting job at right tackle and looking at some tape he can move for a big man. Whittle is a cagey vet with a mean streak. He could start at right guard if Duke Preston, Aaron Merz or Brad Butler don't step up. But my money is on Butler. ---

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

You're comparing Anderson and Gandy, to Dockery and Peters? If my name was credibility I would no longer talk to you.