Folks, Let's Get Realistic

Okay, I keep hearing the eternal optimists on this board trying to spin, slant, and twist everything that is going on in a positive light. But, folks, let's get realistic. . .

Losing Clements, Fletcher-Baker, Spikes, McGahee, K. Thomas with little or nothing back cannot be a good thing. Trying to plug in the Ellisons, Anthony Thomases, Youboutys, etc. of the world is simply not going to work effectively. This is being done to improve the lines you say? Jason Whittle? Huhn? I don't like the trade-off.

We likely will have to spend a high pick on a CB and MLB in the draft just to plug holes (1st and 2nd?). How is this improvement? We aren't even treading water. We are sinking.

The cash to cap philosophy is going to hamstring this team, as are some very curious FA signings (and releases) Matt Bowen anyone? Whittle's odds of being released next offseason are likely 50-50, based on history. Not to mention the overpaying of Peerless Price, Josh Reed, Kelsay, and Royal. Those guys aren't worth what they're getting.

Bottom line is: When you handicap yourself by about 15% regarding the cap (cash to cap), then make bad personnel decisions, you cannot compete. And folks, this team will not compete next year, (barring incredible luck) for any playoff spot.

We're now just hoping to get lucky. . . that's what we are resigned to.

Every single year people start threads like this one and every single year a boat load of people jump all over him...and every year the thread starter ends up being right.

Well, I predicted some of this backlash. But, I'm just the messenger. Interesting that nobody liked this post, but aren't coming up with much to dispute the blunt facts of it.

Trust me, it doesn't make me happy to see this either. I'm as sick as the next Bills fan, if not more so.

Okay, I keep hearing the eternal optimists on this board trying to spin, slant, and twist everything that is going on in a positive light. But, folks, let's get realistic. . .

You're being harsh. I've no doubt they are trying. The thin and surprising - margin of loss in this or that game last season was something few could have anticipated. The home town team here in cincy - a bunch of injuries - but they still had offensive power and absolutely got their behinds tanned numerous times.

I'm a critic of some of their moves. And some of the drafting. And some of their plans, such as one can discern them.

I think they've turned a corner. It might not work out, sure....or it might. No sense saying squat about them if one thinks there is nothing slightest positive... B-)

Let things play out...

Well, I predicted some of this backlash. But, I'm just the messenger. Interesting that nobody liked this post, but aren't coming up with much to dispute the blunt facts of it.

Trust me, it doesn't make me happy to see this either. I'm as sick as the next Bills fan, if not more so.

Just the messenger? Well then who the hell came up with the post? I need to add them to the list, pronto.

Every single year people start threads like this one and every single year a boat load of people jump all over him...and every year the thread starter ends up being right.

Unfortunately, you are correct. I've seen it every year for the last several years. I was one of the guys who bitched about the hirings of Gregg, and Mularkey, and told that I was wrong by 75% of this board. . . I wish I had been wrong.