This article is a "pin" if there ever was one

Lurker

Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt the great CB debate but in that article, did it seem that Cato June could be a real possibility for us and our defense?

i thought the same thing. could be interesting. especially if we trade spikes?!?

I've read over and over about the Cover-2 and its advantages. The bottom line is, by reducing the long pass, a team must be extremely precise with their short passing game. But you beat the Cover-2 by running the ball and maintaining possession. I know the CB's aren't called on, but what percentage are we running the Cover-2? And who do we have right now that can keep QB's from picking on them? If you draft a CB, what does that say for Youboty? McGee already has a big contract and it'd take quite a bit to sit him.

I don't think there's a more fundamental thing about football in that you win in the trenches. Drafting CB's and WR's may look kinda glamorous, but it's the guys in the trenches that make those guys on the outside and in the backfield look good. If we go CB in Round 1, I hope by that time we've addressed the OL and DL. Because if we haven't, this is just another variation on what killed the TD regime-not addressing the lines first and making the sexy pick.