OT: Well Yankees fans.......

Fans of other teams call out the Yankees fans because when they win that's all that we hear........so when you lose expect to hear about it.  I guess that comes with being "The Evil Empire".

I'm sorry but in my mind the Cardinals are the best team in baseball and I don't see anyone beating us.

That includes NY.

Bill that form is laughable.  It won't work for fans of a team with 15 pennants and 9 World Championships..........keep pushing it on the Sox fans.

4807[/snapback]

Granted you've got nothing on 1918 with 1982, but it's disappearing in the rearview pretty quickly. I'd advise you to begin perusing the application just in case....

This has been the thing that's bothered me since George started meddling in the player department.

Once again, the Yankees are back to a team of free swingers who can't produce runs without the longball being involved. The team that won 4 Championships in 5 years had players like O'Neill, Tino, Brosius, and Chucky Knobs who knew how to play the game and cut down their swings when the situation warrented.

Now we have 6-8 guys (Clark/Giambi's pace is staggering) who'll strike out over 100 times this season and can't manufacture a run to save their lives.

Boston isn't any different. Right now they are hitting and the pitching is adequate enough to win. When the bats cool off, they'll be right back down.

Neither team should be considered a favorite to even reach the WS. Both are just as likely to fall in any given round of the playoffs as they are to advance (If Boston even gets in).

This has been the thing that's bothered me since George started meddling in the player department.

Once again, the Yankees are back to a team of free swingers who can't produce runs without the longball being involved.  The team that won 4 Championships in 4 years had players like O'Neill, Tino, Brosius, and Chucky Knobs who knew how to play the game and cut down their swings when the situation warrented.

Now we have 6-8 guys (Clark/Giambi's pace is staggering) who'll strike out over 100 times this season and can't manufacture a run to save their lives.

Boston isn't any different.  Right now they are hitting and the pitching is adequate enough to win.  When the bats cool off, they'll be right back down.

Neither team should be considered a favorite to even reach the WS.  Both are just as likely to fall in any given round of the playoffs as they are to advance (If Boston even gets in).

4864[/snapback]

There isn't one team in the AL that I'm 100% sold on.

The Yankees have age and rotation problems.

The Red Sox have basically underachieved most of the season (though they're getting it together now).

The Angels have an amazing bullpen but a questionable rotation and an offense that either scores 2 or 10 runs a game.

The A's have NO bullpen.

The Rangers have already used 15 starting pitchers this season and Kenny Rogers is 1000 years old.

Minnesota is Minnesota.

There isn't one team in the AL that I'm 100% sold on. 

The Yankees have age and rotation problems. 

The Red Sox have basically underachieved most of the season (though they're getting it together now). 

The Angels have an amazing bullpen but a questionable rotation and an offense that either scores 2 or 10 runs a game.

The A's have NO bullpen. 

The Rangers have already used 15 starting pitchers this season and Kenny Rogers is 1000 years old.

Minnesota is Minnesota.

4878[/snapback]

How about the Cardinals??? Are you sold on them yet?

I'm not and I won't be until LaRussa doesn't overmanage them out of the playoffs, as he is so famous for.

5016[/snapback]

There are two cases in which I think he has done that with US.

Against the Mets he tried throwing Kile every third day. Games 1,4, and 7. Kile got bombed in game 1, then bombed again in game 4.

Against the Giants he kep looking for pitching matchups no matter what the situation in the game was at the time. He cost us two games like that.

Other then that he has done alright.

I say he at least gets us to the World Series this time around.

Went to the Cardnials game yesterday... they looked good as they have all season. It was nice to see Larry Walker hit a grand slam. Actually, my wife predicted he would hit it.

As far as the AL.... I still expect to see the Yankees make it through to the World Series. "To be the man, you've got to beat the man", and no one has consistently knocked the Yankees off the AL perch over the last 8-10 years.

I'd like to see Boston win the World Series but I won't hold my breath. The six remaining games against NY could make or break their postseason hopes. And so I still hope for a St. Louis-New York World Series.

How about the Cardinals???  Are you sold on them yet?

5011[/snapback]

Yes, basically, but I think the Cubs could down anyone if they make the playoffs. They have the arms to do it.

Cards were 40 games over .500 when I looked this morning. Amazing.

Then again, look what happened to Seattle in 2001. Anything can happen in the playoffs, man.

• 2 months later...

Archived