Anyone Else think A-Train won't be resigned?

Doesn't make sense to have two RB's as change of pace. Maybe A-Train wanted a 2-3 year deal guarenteed and Marv balked at it; hence, williams signing?

They aren't similar backs, We'll probably keep A-Train because he has different skills the Shaud or at least if we don't resign him it won't be for that reason.

hard to say what the direction is there at this point. I tend to think that Shaud can't really fill A-Train's role though as a serious guy to take major carries in a game. Shaud and A-Train are pretty close to polar opposites as far as backs go

Doesn't make sense to have two RB's as change of pace. Maybe A-Train wanted a 2-3 year deal guarenteed and Marv balked at it; hence, williams signing?

I find that rather unlikely especially since is Willis being shopped around. Shaud wouldn't last the year if he were the starter or backup for any length of time.

I could see us pass on re-signing A-train if we draft a RB to backup and eventually suceed Willis McGahee.

I know for a fact that is not the reason. However, the reason that Lionel Gates was cut last year did have something to do with the fact that he is a similar runner to A-Train and Willis, while shaud is markedly different. ALso, supposedly shaud possessed greater ability to absorb and retain the playbook.

I am Making the call now that "A-Train Will Not be Re-signed"!!!

Here's why:

A-Train the last 3 seasons:

Total Yards: 960

Yards per carry: 3.1

4 TD's 2 Fumbles

Career Catching Avg 6.7

Salary last year 939,000

Note: He would want a contract at least 3 million over 2 years guarenteed.

S Williams last 3 years:

2004 4.0 YPC

2005 3.6 YPC

2006 2.0 with only 2 rushing attempts

His catching:

2004 7.7

2005 8.3

2006 ----

Career 7.4

Salary last year 311,000

In the chris brown section of his signing, he said that he understood his diminished role because they were trying different people out in different situations (Mcgahee & A-Train). He answered like his lack of playing time last year was a sacfrice for the team; he'll get alot more this year.

He's cheaper, can catch the ball better, play special teams, and has shown some ability to run the ball at times.

Sorry everyone. A-Train is "Choo-Choo" - left the platform of the Buffalo Bills.