Jamal Lewis released.

Tipster19

Someone on this board predicted this a couple of days ago. They said that Lewis' cap # was exhorbinant and they should release him to free up some cap room. After they released him, McGahee would be an ideal trading partner because of his relatively low cap figure and the fact that he has some friends that play for the Ravens.

Yeah lets trade willis to a perrennial afc contender and reunite him with some of his miami buddies(ed reed, ray lewis), GREEEEEEEEAAAAAAT idea.

ill happily trade McGahee to the ravens for their 2nd. We will be a much better team immediately.

AND its not like losing Lewis will be the collapse of the Ravens, or the addition of McGahee will be that great of an improvement for them. if anything, sending them McGahee ASSURES they will be a slightly lesser team.

Don't think the Ravens would be interested in Willis. He didn't exactly make a good impression on them in the season finale.

On the flip side, I think teams look at Willis and see a "diamond in the rough". In this macho business, teams think they can take whom they perceive to underachieve and make them shine. They feel THEY are what will bring out the best in a player. I think Baltimores' arrogance will allow them to be plenty interested in WM.

On the flip side, I think teams look at Willis and see a "diamond in the rough". In this macho business, teams think they can take whom they perceive to underachieve and make them shine. They feel THEY are what will bring out the best in a player. I think Baltimores' arrogance will allow them to be plenty interested in WM.

thats a pretty good point. and they probably see themselves and the U's real Varsity team. McGahee ending up there actually makes a lot of sense. and he may do well there too... interesting