Our draft RB?

I also like tony hunt too. Actually, outside of Adrian Peterson, I like him the best out of the other guys. I also have nothing against any of those other 2nd round back though either (Lynch, Irons, Bush)

lynch will be gone in the 1st, but i know what youre sayin. i think i actually like Hunt BETTER than Peterson, who has had a hard time staying healthy and really hasnt had a year as good as his freshman season. Peterson will also obviously command a LOT more money.

I believe that the Bills are looking for a more dangerous open field runner and reciever out of the backfield than McGahee. They might take Marshawn Lynch at 12, but I think they're more likely to pick someone such as Lorenzo Booker or Antonio Pittman in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I believe that the Bills are looking for a more dangerous open field runner and reciever out of the backfield than McGahee. They might take Marshawn Lynch at 12, but I think they're more likely to pick someone such as Lorenzo Booker or Antonio Pittman in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I agree 100% about the "explosive" back thing. I actually like to refer to it as an "all purpose" back, alla thruman or LT

An interesting guy to think about in the later rounds (4th round?) is Chris Henry. He doesn't have much playing experience but how about these numbers: He ran a 4.40 fourty which is pretty darn good. But add that to his 230+ pound frame and that's insane! Not saying he a number one option, but may be a good secondary choice if the draft doesn't go the way we planned...

I liked thesize and speed of Deshawn Lynn of Florida. He`s 6-1 230 with 4.45 speed .He ran the drills smooth and LOOK`s to have power. I also liked the Booker kid from Florida St. He also ran a 4.45 40. He also looked well built. Pittman was fast but looked small 5-10 205. Kinda small for a everydown back.He ran a 4.42

I liked thesize and speed of Deshawn Lynn of Florida. He`s 6-1 230 with 4.45 speed .He ran the drills smooth and LOOK`s to have power. I also liked the Booker kid from Florida St. He also ran a 4.45 40. He also looked well built. Pittman was fast but looked small 5-10 205. Kinda small for a everydown back.He ran a 4.42

Wynn has heart and has shown the ability to make big plays, but as a FL fan I wouldn't want him on my pro team too. That guy would disappear for huge stretches and had just as many run into the pile and fall type plays as he did good runs.

He should be a late round pick, so if they were able to pick him up in rnd 5 or later it would be a good move based on potential, but no earlier than that.

What a disaster for us if it turns out that WM is such a cancer to his teammates we need to trade him or we panic because some fans are whining about his non-football comments. If in fact we have to spend our 1st to get a player capable of being a #1 NFL RB (something WM is clearly capable of even if he is not capable of being more than an average NFL RB) then we are not going to be able to use the 1st pick to improve this team in the trenches either defensively (either Branch or Okoye should be there at 12 if the other gets taken (or the best G available).

If WM is in fact a cancer on the field to his teammates then by all means get rid of him, but if not we have bigger needs to produce a winner and I think we are a better team either if WM is motivated by his FA year to produce more like his first season and a half as a Bill or if he does not and we simply have an an average RB behind an improved OL or in tighter games because of our improved DL.

Who WM sleeps with and his crack financial advice may be of import to some fans, but I think if this team passes on maximum improvement in the trenches merely to get an RB loved more by fans we likely get worse.

I know even if we get a potential stud RB like Lynch I do not look forward at all to the likely one or two ugly scenes that come with a talented rookie RB where he whiffs on a couple of blitz pick-ups (as virtually all rookies do) and prayer and running for his life is about all standing between JP and the end of our season. If our starting RB comes from the draft woe to all of us.

What a disaster for us if it turns out that WM is such a cancer to his teammates we need to trade him or we panic because some fans are whining about his non-football comments. If in fact we have to spend our 1st to get a player capable of being a #1 NFL RB (something WM is clearly capable of even if he is not capable of being more than an average NFL RB) then we are not going to be able to use the 1st pick to improve this team in the trenches either defensively (either Branch or Okoye should be there at 12 if the other gets taken (or the best G available).

If WM is in fact a cancer on the field to his teammates then by all means get rid of him, but if not we have bigger needs to produce a winner and I think we are a better team either if WM is motivated by his FA year to produce more like his first season and a half as a Bill or if he does not and we simply have an an average RB behind an improved OL or in tighter games because of our improved DL.

Who WM sleeps with and his crack financial advice may be of import to some fans, but I think if this team passes on maximum improvement in the trenches merely to get an RB loved more by fans we likely get worse.

I know even if we get a potential stud RB like Lynch I do not look forward at all to the likely one or two ugly scenes that come with a talented rookie RB where he whiffs on a couple of blitz pick-ups (as virtually all rookies do) and prayer and running for his life is about all standing between JP and the end of our season. If our starting RB comes from the draft woe to all of us.

Agreed! If we dont get anything in return from WM and HAVE to draft a RB rd-1, then we did NOTHING to upgrade this team! A big step back in terms of progress!

I'll never understand this " yea, we'll just pick up our starting running back in the 2nd or 3rd round" talk.

There are 2 positions that are basically all or nothing, quarterback and running back. It's not like picking a defensive lineman and he just turns out to be average, he can still start. A bust of a back is almost useless. You want to play the odds when you pick these guys. I want 1st round guys.

I know that great backs have been picked in later rounds, but if Willis is gone the Bills need a guy from this draft or possibly next year (though a poor season this year could set the team adrift again).

I don't think this is a deep draft at RB. Big Problem

Leonard is stiff straight ahead type.You should have seen him in the rb drills .Like we said before remember Tim Tindale.No thank`s

I didn't see the drill, but I have actually seen him play the game. He's going to be a good back.

I don't think WM is a cancer, just an average to good back with a lot of maturity issues who is going to be more trouble than he is worth next year. I say shop him for a first or very high second round pick. Our BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement) is that he plays next year with a little humbling at not drawing much interest as atrade bait. If he isn't nuts (and he isn't) he'll play his heart out for his next contract. AND....we franchise him getting far more than we will get this year. I see this as a no lose proposition. I'm still hoping for Oakland to give us a second plus something, which is as good as a late round first. Enough teams have some interest to give us a lot of potential for dealmaking.

Considering how utterly pathetic this offense has been for the last four seasons, very few of those starters should consider themselves safe.

I'm not entirely convinced that the Bills should unload Willis McGahee and draft a RB in R1 to replace him, but I can't blame them for considering it. He may be 'average', but that's the problem. There are too many 'average' players in starting roles on this team. Average players are backups for half the league. Average players also tend to be system players and, in fact, I think this is their primary motivation for unloading him. I think they want a more explosive open field runner with the versatility to be a top recieving threat out of the backfield. They want a Thurman Thomas. They've got an Eddie George; a capable straight-ahead runner but one who is not versatile enough to allow them to run their offense to the extent they envision.

There's also another point to consider, that being McGahee's contract status. He's almost certain to leave after the '07 season, so the Bills are going to be in the market for a starting RB anyway. If that's the case, and there's a RB available at 12 this year at they really like, I see no reason why they shouldn't give strong consideration to selecting him, all things considered.

I'll never understand this " yea, we'll just pick up our starting running back in the 2nd or 3rd round" talk.

I don't think this is a deep draft at RB. Big Problem

have to agree. maybe bills just get a stop gap solution this year, soldify defense and let them mature another year and go BIG time for a starting RB next year.

Why not trade next years 1st rounder to get a RB this year (draft or turner)?